Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    That’s fine. What’s making me angry is the lynch mob that proceeded to drag a guy’s name through the mud and act with a complete lack of class based on zero evidence. And, in my opinion, it’s disingenuous to make this about the PSU allegation. This is simply about UT fans not thinking he’s not a good coach and “worthy” of UT and so they decided to dig up this story to get their way.
    TN fans weren't happy with the Butch hire initially either. No protests happened then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    TN fans weren't happy with the Butch hire initially either. No protests happened then.
    Different situation. They’ve been irrelevant now for well over a decade. Fanbase is fed up, and taking it out on places and people they shouldn’t. Butch also wasn’t unfortunate enough to coach at a school with a major child abuse situation 25 years ago.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 11-27-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    The friggin White House perhaps???
    LOL. The White House.

Have you bothered to read any of the stories being written by major publications? Any radio talk shows? They’re all lambasting the Tennessee fanbase. I live in the heart of Vol country, and even the majority of these guys are calling them out.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 11-27-2017 at 11:36 AM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Another thing that is making me angry is the narrative by the rioters that if you defend Schiano that you are for covering up child abuse. That is ridiculous, extreme, stupid, and dangerous. This type of extreme generalizing during debates ther is bree by internet culture has to stop.
    that's the goldfly way

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    If you want to ruin someone's career, just accuse them of sexual molestation. Evidence is no longer needed in this country

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    LOL. The White House.

Have you bothered to read any of the stories being written by major publications? Any radio talk shows? They’re all lambasting the Tennessee fanbase. I live in the heart of Vol country, and even the majority of these guys are calling them out.
    The one's I've read mostly blame the TN Administration for not knowing this sort of backlash would come.

Again, does anyone for 1 second think he would have job right now if these reports came out before he took the OSU job? Not a chance.
    Last edited by Carp; 11-27-2017 at 04:54 PM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i am not a Tennessee fan and am in no way associated with that state etc ftr
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    The one's I've read mostly blame the TN Administration for not knowing this sort of backlash would come.

Again, does anyone for 1 second think he would have job right now if these reports came out before he took the OSU job? Not a chance.
    I think so, otherwise, why is he currently employed? Again, there’s nothing that ties him to anything involving the incidents at Penn State, except for what one dude supposedly heard from another guy. That person who supposedly said Schiano saw something denied it under oath. There were no prosecutions brought upon Schiano, and people who were close to the situation and investigation have said that Schiano had no involvement. Excuse me if I don’t think the guy should be hung out on a cross just because UT fans didn’t get their way.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Wonder if the committee is agonizing on how they will put Alabama in the playoff. Even if Oklahoma and Wisconsin lose this weekend you can’t just put them in by default which is what will happen.

My top six going into tomorrow:

Clemson, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Auburn. Miami and Georgia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I think Bama would destroy UM.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    I think so, otherwise, why is he currently employed? Again, there’s nothing that ties him to anything involving the incidents at Penn State, except for what one dude supposedly heard from another guy. That person who supposedly said Schiano saw something denied it under oath. There were no prosecutions brought upon Schiano, and people who were close to the situation and investigation have said that Schiano had no involvement. Excuse me if I don’t think the guy should be hung out on a cross just because UT fans didn’t get their way.
    Even as slimey as Urban Meyer is, I highly doubt he would have signed off on Schiano had the leaked testimonies been available at the time. Lets remember that the guy was coaching a high school team right before Urban Meyer brought him in as DC. As to why he hasn't been fired, may be they were afraid of a lawsuit. Or may be they didn't want to make waves in the midst of a championship run. But it still seems extremely unlikely he gets a job in 2016 with the allegations against him.

I'm not saying I think the guy is guilty. In fact, I think it's probably more likely the claims are false than they are true. But if we're talking about the head coach of your university, you should not have to guess whether or not he was involved in the cover up of the worst scandal in the history of sports. At the very least, there is enough information available to make a reasonable person question the decision to hire him. Especially on the heels of the Title IX lawsuit. Is that how the University really wants to improve their image from the Title IX case? By hiring a guy who has been accused (true or not) of covering for a child molestor? Hiring Schiano was a PR nightmare, and it showed.
    Last edited by Carp; 11-28-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Greg Schiano was hung out on a cross... Paint that on the rock. You're using the same rhetoric that you're grumping about the UT fans using. Neither is appropriate but it's more than reasonable that UT fans be concerned that they're hiring a head coach implicated in the Ped St. scandal. The AD messed up big time hire. Schiano was clearly not the right guy and they just made a horrible move. The fans were in the right here. Bama fans led to the hiring of Saban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Greg Schiano was hung out on a cross... Paint that on the rock. You're using the same rhetoric that you're grumping about the UT fans using. Neither is appropriate but it's more than reasonable that UT fans be concerned that they're hiring a head coach implicated in the Ped St. scandal. The AD messed up big time hire. Schiano was clearly not the right guy and they just made a horrible move. The fans were in the right here. Bama fans led to the hiring of Saban.
    The fans were not in the right to act that way and perform a character assassination like that. Besides, you can’t be listening to fans when it comes to personel hires. Fans don’t know ****. They don’t know what they want (there are some who are now pining for Lane Kiffin for crying out loud), and they certainly don’t know what they need. The fact that you’re defending the fanbase’s actions proves you’re a biased, blind homer.

I have no idea what your first two sentences mean.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 11-28-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Mike Gundy turns down Tennessee
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    The fans are completely in the right for not wanting someone that has been accused of covering up child molestation. It makes the university look bad and it makes you not even want to root for the the University anymore.

I will agree there is a portion of the fan base latching onto the scandal because Schiano, as a coach, was a boring hire. And it's mostly these people spewing blanket and hate filled statements like the one painted on the rock on Sunday. But there's a larger portion that hate this hire because these allegations COULD be true. And we don't want to university of TN associated with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    The fans were not in the right to act that way and perform a character assassination like that. Besides, you can’t be listening to fans when it comes to personel hires. Fans don’t know ****. They don’t know what they want (there are some who are now pining for Lane Kiffin for crying out loud), and they certainly don’t know what they need. The fact that you’re defending the fanbase’s actions proves you’re a biased, blind homer.

I have no idea what your first two sentences mean.
    The fan that painted the rock was not in the right, but the majority of the fans were. Every AD listens to the fans to some degree and I can't stress how much Schiano was the wrong hire for UT. Players like Al Wilson were threatening to never be involved in the university going forward. Boosters with names on buildings were ready to disavow the University. It was just clearly the wrong guy at the wrong time. And on top of that there's at least a reasonable chance that he was involved in the Paterno scandal.

Fan Bases are wrong a lot, but this was a very reasonable grump to me. Bama doesn't have Saban without their rabid fan base.

The problem is that when your administration has failed so hard for a decade and they hire someone who was clearly the exact opposite of what the University needed at the time, then there needs to be a strong voice to be rid of that failed administration. Keep in mind that UT is controlled by the Haslams who are failing miserably in Cleveland and in legal trouble regarding their business.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    The fans are completely in the right for not wanting someone that has been accused of covering up child molestation. It makes the university look bad and it makes you not even want to root for the the University anymore.

I will agree there is a portion of the fan base latching onto the scandal because Schiano, as a coach, was a boring hire. And it's mostly these people spewing blanket and hate filled statements like the one painted on the rock on Sunday. But there's a larger portion that hate this hire because these allegations COULD be true. And we don't want to university of TN associated with that.
    There’s just as much evidence that Peyton Manning sexually assaulted a woman in college. I guess we can just ignore that though, right?

I guarantee you that if Jimbo Fisher was hired, there would be no uproar. In fact, I’m sure the fanbase would embrace it as a home run hire. Yet, there is way more evidence that he was actually involved in trying to cover up an alleged rape.

Face it, it’s the minority that are concerned about a potential involvement in the Penn St scandal. Most of the fans that protested were upset that Schiano wasn’t a big name. And the sad part is, he appears to be a pretty good coach.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 11-28-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    The fan that painted the rock was not in the right, but the majority of the fans were. Every AD listens to the fans to some degree and I can't stress how much Schiano was the wrong hire for UT. Players like Al Wilson were threatening to never be involved in the university going forward. Boosters with names on buildings were ready to disavow the University. It was just clearly the wrong guy at the wrong time. And on top of that there's at least a reasonable chance that he was involved in the Paterno scandal.

Fan Bases are wrong a lot, but this was a very reasonable grump to me. Bama doesn't have Saban without their rabid fan base.

The problem is that when your administration has failed so hard for a decade and they hire someone who was clearly the exact opposite of what the University needed at the time, then there needs to be a strong voice to be rid of that failed administration. Keep in mind that UT is controlled by the Haslams who are failing miserably in Cleveland and in legal trouble regarding their business.
    From a football perspective, I think he would’ve been a good hire. From a PR one, he obviously wasn’t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    From a football perspective, I think he would’ve been a good hire. From a PR one, he obviously wasn’t.
    I think he could've been successful in some places and possibly for UT at a different point in time, but it was just the wrong hire at the wrong time for UT. He was basically the opposite of what we were looking for. The thing that pisses me off is that this could have easily been avoided if the UT admin just floats his name out there as a test run. I think the angst is more about those who are making the hire than it is about Schiano.
    thank you weso1!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Does Tennessee have the balls to bring Kiffin back?