Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Submit Your Hall of Fame Ballot here

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    I wonder if anyone has ever questioned Andruws age.

He was such a phenom so early and fell off the face of the earth so fast. But, he was signed during the era of falsified birth dates on the International signing market
    True. I think he being from Curaçao has a higher standard than say DR but you never know. Still I think the fact he played center for as long as he did and as big as he got played a bigger role. Similar to how Murphy completely broke down and even Ken Griffey Jr fell off in his 30's. CF just takes it's toll.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    True. I think he being from Curaçao has a higher standard than say DR but you never know. Still I think the fact he played center for as long as he did and as big as he got played a bigger role. Similar to how Murphy completely broke down and even Ken Griffey Jr fell off in his 30's. CF just takes it's toll.
    Hi
    Forever Fredi

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    We'll see what the perception is when the votes are counted. Some if you are going to be very disappointed.
    You might be right about perception. However, he's deserving, irrespective of perceptions of voters.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    While true it's now 7 of 10 for Omar and now 9 out of 10 for Chipper so far.
    Honestly, I think Vizquel is near borderline but ultimately I'd not vote for him.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Honestly, I think Vizquel is near borderline but ultimately I'd not vote for him.
    Hall of the very good for me.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I remember when Luis Aparicio was voted in that some viewed it as a lowering of the benchmark for the Hall and those folks predicted that it would lead to a gray area where more guys like Aparicio would get serious consideration. I always thought that the only reason to vote Aparicio in was that he was part of a paradigm shift of sorts as the first premier base stealer in the post-WWII era. But with Aparicio in the HOF, it's hard to make a case that Vizquel shouldn't be in it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (11-29-2017)

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    You might be right about perception. However, he's deserving, irrespective of perceptions of voters.
    Yeah, it's just being realistic. We have to look at it like a historian and not a Braves fan, by weighing all pros and cons. Everybody tends to talk and defense and WAR, while ignoring the factors against. Somebody, apparently impartial, noted that no player after 1948 has been inducted with fewer than 2,000 career hits.