Page 61 of 583 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm sure 57 and Julio will make sure to remind us that lying proves that they were hiding something sinister

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Why would anyone tell these hacks the truth? They arent elected by the people. This is the very definition of shadow government. No more mocking conspiracy theories. We have been vindicated. This is very corrupt business happening and it'd all directed at helping the left and hurting the right.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I don't know enough to comment on that, except that you seem to be suggesting of that that leak came from the Mueller side. I'm not sure why that should be the conclusion, particularly as it was attributed to a Flynn confidant. If you're wondering why [i]that[/] guy, it would seem more substantial to speculate that he was intentionally burned...the day it happened there was more than one journalist who said that they were going to withhold judgment until it was confirmed because of Ross's history.
    Every who read that Flynn was prepared to connect Russia with Trump...in court and under oath...had to be somewhat skeptical. I know I was. I'm also not convinced that he won't give highly damaging testimony about. We're all gonna have to wait and see. This thing is gonna be a slow drip for a long time.  

You can bet Trump is worried. That's why he's continuing his attack on the institutions of govt. by saying the FBI was "in tatters". Trying to publicly undermine the people investigating him is trying to obstruct justice, whether it's legal or not.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What would be absolutely hysterical is that Trump tweets out he doesn't even believe that Flynn lied to the FBI. At this point can you blame anyone if they believe that?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Every who read that Flynn was prepared to connect Russia with Trump...in court and under oath...had to be somewhat skeptical. I know I was. I'm also not convinced that he won't give highly damaging testimony about. We're all gonna have to wait and see. This thing is gonna be a slow drip for a long time.  

You can bet Trump is worried. That's why he's continuing his attack on the institutions of govt. by saying the FBI was "in tatters". Trying to publicly undermine the people investigating him is trying to obstruct justice, whether it's legal or not.
    I guess we should only be 'slightly' concerned about the FBI at this point.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    If I were in Congress I would demand to find out under what circumstances were the text messages discovered and what was Muellers rationale for removing him from the investigation. What I would be interested most is if you could prove Mueller was aware of the bias and let it continue for a period of time. Then the reason for firing could be very news worthy.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm sure 57 and Julio will make sure to remind us that lying proves that they were hiding something sinister
    No, I'll use the Hawk stratagem: if they weren't charged and convicted for it, it wasn't a lie.

But sure, other than one being a specific falsehood about a conversation that took place days before and the other being a fairly muddy and obscure reference to an email from five years prior, these things are exactly the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yes, the freaking FBI is just chock full of liberal activists.

This is through-the-looking-glass stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-04-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No ..just the people running it. That's who needs to be replaced. It's been a political witchhunt from the very beginning. Keep denying the reality.

Remember when you mocked for e questioning the integrity of Mueller team based on campaign contributions?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So first it was OMG unmasking!!!!

Then Congressional Republicans took that off the board.

Illegal surveillance? That didn't fly.

Then it was all kinds of specious claims about the Steele dossier being used as the basis of FISA warrants. No go.

Then the grand unifying theory of Uranium One...which had the advantage of tangential connections to all of the boogeymen but the disadvantage of being horse****.

Now it's FBI supervillain Peter Strzok, who was coincidentally involved in counterintelligence investigations because he was a counterintelligence honcho at the FBI. He also had political opinions, which he shared in private communications. Until it's proven otherwise, it seems that he was removed from Mueller's team precisely because they knew they would be subject to intense scrutiny about bias.

You've hyperventilated about all of these things. Thus far they've been shown to be exactly what they transparently appear to be: attempts to distract from and undermine the investigation. Maybe this latest iteration has some legs. Based on the track record so far, I'm inclined to doubt it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-05-2017), mqt (12-05-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    No ..just the people running it. That's who needs to be replaced. It's been a political witchhunt from the very beginning. Keep denying the reality.

Remember when you mocked for e questioning the integrity of Mueller team based on campaign contributions?
    I do. And I'm available to do so again whenever it's convenient for you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (12-05-2017), jpx7 (12-05-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It was real enough for Mueller to remove him from the investigation. That is very telling.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

You remember when I told you that Ty Cobb had also made campaign contributions to Democrats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You remember when I told you that Ty Cobb had also made campaign contributions to Democrats?
    But as you and many others on this board have done. Just add bits of pieces of information together to develop a grandiose theory.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    But as you and many others on this board have done. Just add bits of pieces of information together to develop a grandiose theory.
    Russian state actors hacked the DNC/Podesta emails and laundered them through Wikileaks. The Trump campaign's data operation made entreaties to Wikileaks to get access to the data. Russian state actors undertook other efforts to assist his election. Trump's campaign manager was longtime fixer for a pro-Russian political party. He offered to use his position to privately brief an oligarch and confidant of Putin to whom he owed money. Trump's campaign brought on a vocally pro-Russian advisor with manifold financial interests there who had been actively recruited by Russian intelligence. Another foreign policy advisor was used by Russian intelligence to pitch potential dirt on Hillary Clinton to the campaign. Trump's foreign policy was unabashedly, and counterintuitively (considering the party line), pro-Russian. The only change they made to the Republican Party platform was about not arming Ukrainian forces in their conflict with Russia (not a bad decision on its face, but...odd in context). Candidate Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager met with a Russian lawyer who was promising Clinton dirt and the support of the Russian government. Kushner met with a spook who runs a big Russian bank and failed to disclose it. Kushner failed to disclose pretty much everything. Trump's personal lawyer hand-delivered to him a Russia-friendly "peace plan" for Ukraine. Sessions misled congress about meetings with the ambassador. Flynn lied to the FBI about discussing sanctions. Pretty much everyone involved in the campaign lied their asses off about campaign contacts with Russian interests. Trump pressured the FBI director about the Flynn investigation. Trump then fired said FBI director and essentially crowed about it to Sergei Lavrov. Trump's State Department has failed to enact further Russia sanctions passed by Congress now two months past the deadline for doing so.

So, yeah, these are all bits and pieces of information. But I'm not advancing a grandiose theory. These things prove a Russian effort to influence the election, and indicate some degree of willingness to cooperate on the part of people in Trump's orbit. It does not prove a criminal conspiracy nor a concrete quid pro quo. The one thing I think I can say definitively is that Russian entities tried on multiple fronts to penetrate the campaign, and it's worth determining if they had any success.

You're taking much sketchier allegations, with much less factual underpinning, and making concrete conclusions. So, yes, totally the same thing by 2017 standards.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

mqt (12-05-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I think you and your Fuhrer should be very concerned about the FBI.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (12-05-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It was real enough for Mueller to remove him from the investigation. That is very telling.
    Mueller is very aware how the uniformed imagination works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Russian state actors hacked the DNC/Podesta emails and laundered them through Wikileaks. The Trump campaign's data operation made entreaties to Wikileaks to get access to the data. Russian state actors undertook other efforts to assist his election. Trump's campaign manager was longtime fixer for a pro-Russian political party. He offered to use his position to privately brief an oligarch and confidant of Putin to whom he owed money. Trump's campaign brought on a vocally pro-Russian advisor with manifold financial interests there who had been actively recruited by Russian intelligence. Another foreign policy advisor was used by Russian intelligence to pitch potential dirt on Hillary Clinton to the campaign. Trump's foreign policy was unabashedly, and counterintuitively (considering the party line), pro-Russian. The only change they made to the Republican Party platform was about not arming Ukrainian forces in their conflict with Russia (not a bad decision on its face, but...odd in context). Candidate Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager met with a Russian lawyer who was promising Clinton dirt and the support of the Russian government. Kushner met with a spook who runs a big Russian bank and failed to disclose it. Kushner failed to disclose pretty much everything. Trump's personal lawyer hand-delivered to him a Russia-friendly "peace plan" for Ukraine. Sessions misled congress about meetings with the ambassador. Flynn lied to the FBI about discussing sanctions. Pretty much everyone involved in the campaign lied their asses off about campaign contacts with Russian interests. Trump pressured the FBI director about the Flynn investigation. Trump then fired said FBI director and essentially crowed about it to Sergei Lavrov. Trump's State Department has failed to enact further Russia sanctions passed by Congress now two months past the deadline for doing so.

So, yeah, these are all bits and pieces of information. But I'm not advancing a grandiose theory. These things prove a Russian effort to influence the election, and indicate some degree of willingness to cooperate on the part of people in Trump's orbit. It does not prove a criminal conspiracy nor a concrete quid pro quo. The one thing I think I can say definitively is that Russian entities tried on multiple fronts to penetrate the campaign, and it's worth determining if they had any success.

You're taking much sketchier allegations, with much less factual underpinning, and making concrete conclusions. So, yes, totally the same thing by 2017 standards.
    All investigated througly by a crackpot partisian team with unlimited resources and yet still the best you can do is a Logan Act violation.

You've been drummed up by a power group that is playing to your emotions. I don't even blame you because its clear you are a good person. You've been hoodwinked and the deep state is showing itself. Again, nervous that they are losing their grip on worldwide power they are doing everything possible to hide their crimes.

Why did Mueller think it was necessary to remove this agent? Under what circumstances did he find out about these texts? Did he know about this before? What did these texts say? Are there other communications between different agents?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    If there was a deep state capable of "taking over" they would have taken out Trump a while ago. Just stop it dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    In the spirit of why all the lying?

Why is the FBI unwilling to give this information over to Congress and have basically been ignored for months?
    Natural Immunity Croc