Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hart says "Stay Tuned"

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts

Hart says "Stay Tuned"

We gained another top pitching prospect that would make a current one available. I'm sure he has something in mind. Lucroy maybe?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Lucroy would make zero sense. In looking for a carcher, they need to look in the 23-26 age bracket. Trading assets to add a 30 year old to a reuilding team is not smart

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (06-21-2015), pfiggy (06-21-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I actually read that quote as, 'Stay tuned, all of those prospects I've acquired are going to be awesome.' As opposed to 'Stay tuned, I've got something else on the burner.'

Plus, don't forget, according those who subscribe to Lucroy as a 'superstar', he's going to cost a MLB-ready MOR starter and 2 Top 10 prospects.
    Last edited by Hawk; 06-21-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Lucroy would make zero sense. In looking for a carcher, they need to look in the 23-26 age bracket. Trading assets to add a 30 year old to a reuilding team is not smart
    Agreed 100%. Just go with a defensive catcher and work to improve 3B and LF for next season. That coudl also be done internally with Mallex inLF and giving Uribe a 1-2 year deal.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Braves are going to continue to be aggressive. When was the last team to make so many trades in a calendar year?
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Im not a big FA guy. But if we could get Cespedes on a 3 or 4 year deal this team could look pretty dangerous.

Lucroy....I'm not sold on either. I still think it's possible that CB could be an elite defensive catcher and become a mistake hitter batting 8th. I don't think it's likely....but it's possible. I'd rather use the lucroy pieces to try and get an elite RF. Move Markakis to LF and when that deal is done or maybe a year before Davidson or D Peterson can take over for Markakis.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Im not a big FA guy. But if we could get Cespedes on a 3 or 4 year deal this team could look pretty dangerous.

Lucroy....I'm not sold on either. I still think it's possible that CB could be an elite defensive catcher and become a mistake hitter batting 8th. I don't think it's likely....but it's possible. I'd rather use the lucroy pieces to try and get an elite RF. Move Markakis to LF and when that deal is done or maybe a year before Davidson or D Peterson can take over for Markakis.
    Ces would be a great fit and cheaper than Justin/Jason but hes gonna get alot more than a 3-4 year deal.

I'd love to have him.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Ces would be a great fit and cheaper than Justin/Jason but hes gonna get alot more than a 3-4 year deal.

I'd love to have him.
    Respectfully disagree. We just got out from under a mountain of strikeouts without a lot of walks. Cespedes is a tarpit.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    Respectfully disagree. We just got out from under a mountain of strikeouts without a lot of walks. Cespedes is a tarpit.
    To a degree, but if you have one hitter who K's alot, but has power, its not a big deal.

There's a difference with having the whole lineup like that but not a couple, need balance.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    To a degree, but if you have one hitter who K's alot, but has power, its not a big deal.

There's a difference with having the whole lineup like that but not a couple, need balance.
    Yeah, I ascribe to that theory. it still feels like giving a drink to an alcoholic after he's cleaned up because now he can handle it in moderation. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Atlanta used to be a place where hitters came to die. I think moving forward we could potentially see that shift. I'd bring a guy like Cespedes in. Maybe he improves like so many have already on the roster.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Creepy Lurking Stalker OkieBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Atlanta used to be a place where hitters came to die. I think moving forward we could potentially see that shift. I'd bring a guy like Cespedes in. Maybe he improves like so many have already on the roster.
    Maybe that'll change with the new ballpark. Obviously we don't know how it will play. My guess is that left field would play about the same and right field being a little more hitter friendly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Wish we could pry away Swihart but if Hamels won't bait them, I don't think we have a shot.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Wish we could pry away Swihart but if Hamels won't bait them, I don't think we have a shot.
    He hasnt even been that great for Boston.

Hes been better lately but i dont see the next Buster Posey or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    What's really interesting is that it was rumored the Braves didn't want to take on much salary in a trade for a reliever but we just bought a prospect for 14 million.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    He hasnt even been that great for Boston.

Hes been better lately but i dont see the next Buster Posey or anything.
    He's barely had any time in the majors... Countless stars struggle during their first look. He's very young still and they didn't want to bring him up yet because they knew he wasn't quite ready. They were forced to bc of injury.

And he's not the next Posey? Who is??
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 06-21-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What's really interesting is that it was rumored the Braves didn't want to take on much salary in a trade for a reliever but we just bought a prospect for 14 million.
    I don't know... Relievers are transitory and are good some years, bad others and are rarely fixtures on teams. Prospects are better investments. I completely understand.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Now if it was me the target would clearly be Chris Sale. I would trade them Julio Teheran, Alex Wood, Peraza, Chris Johnson and some lesser player from AA or lower for Sale. Sale is clearly an Ace, and add him to Shelby Miller, Folty, Perez and Wisler, we still have a ton of pitching prospects still in minors, and a rotation that truely starts with a great pitcher at the top. Sale is signed through 2019 with options for a VERY reasonable price.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depley View Post
    Now if it was me the target would clearly be Chris Sale. I would trade them Julio Teheran, Alex Wood, Peraza, Chris Johnson and some lesser player from AA or lower for Sale. Sale is clearly an Ace, and add him to Shelby Miller, Folty, Perez and Wisler, we still have a ton of pitching prospects still in minors, and a rotation that truely starts with a great pitcher at the top. Sale is signed through 2019 with options for a VERY reasonable price.
    With all the pitching we have, i cant see us trading/signing an ace.

It will be trading some of the pitching for a bat, who that is, i have no idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depley View Post
    Sale is an emaciated injury/health disaster waiting to happen. No thanks.