Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2170

Thread: Megathread: Braves lose Maitan, Bae and 10+ plus International Sanctions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    willfully disengaged
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomabrave For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-30-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecock4braves View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...les-violations

See, Hart had nothing to do with it. ;)
    This doesn't surprise me one bit. It was obvious Hart wasn't going anywhere from the day this story broke. It's comical that his defense was, "I had no idea what the guys working for me were doing!".

The Braves are now free to further dumb down the FO as they see fit.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Bobby’s HOF plaque describes him as “a steady hand” and mentions his brief tenure as GM before going into the dugout.

Hes already been inducted, they can’t take out his plaque. He should do it. You can tell he misses the game and im
    sure he and Pam have had more than enough vacations.
    I think we have a bet about that in the Real Talk thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I honestly don't know which idea is worse, that Hart was actively involved in an extensive scheme of rule breaking or that Hart neglected his duties so much that all of this could be going on right under his nose and he not know about it.

If Hart was involved in it at least there would be the justification of him trying to do whatever it took to win. Him not knowing any of this was going on requires an absolutely shocking degree of disengagement. It would be like the cashier at a McDonald's clocking in, instantly leaving and going to Walmart, and then claiming they had no idea so many customers were waiting in line.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (11-02-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I honestly don't know which idea is worse, that Hart was actively involved in an extensive scheme of rule breaking or that Hart neglected his duties so much that all of this could be going on right under his nose and he not know about it.

If Hart was involved in it at least there would be the justification of him trying to do whatever it took to win. Him not knowing any of this was going on requires an absolutely shocking degree of disengagement. It would be like the cashier at a McDonald's clocking in, instantly leaving and going to Walmart, and then claiming they had no idea so many customers were waiting in line.
    Something with these reports must be wrong.

I was told the Braves FO was an infallible well oiled machine that "just knew how to win".

I was told this FO was insanely smart and absolutely crushing the rebuild.

I was told this FO would lead the Braves to glory by 2017, and if not 2017, certainly 2018....or 2019...or whatever the date needed to be to make the pozzies "right".
    Last edited by Enscheff; 10-30-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    All this is just fart gas at this point.

Where the rubber will meet the room is when Coppy goes to court....or, he doesn't.

If he was the "lone gunman" plus a henchman or two, and everyone is comfortable with that, then Coppy will get his day in court and no one will care and he will be a very sad little nerdy puppy who never works in baseball again.

If he drops the lawsuit in favor of a settlement, then he likely has the goods on Hart and JS, at least enough to make things unpleasant, and he never works in baseball again but at least gets enough cash out of the deal not to worry too much about it.

Either way, Coppy is done in baseball. If he gets his cash others knew. If he gets nothing others still probably knew but he can't prove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    All this is just fart gas at this point.

Where the rubber will meet the room is when Coppy goes to court....or, he doesn't.

If he was the "lone gunman" plus a henchman or two, and everyone is comfortable with that, then Coppy will get his day in court and no one will care and he will be a very sad little nerdy puppy who never works in baseball again.

If he drops the lawsuit in favor of a settlement, then he likely has the goods on Hart and JS, at least enough to make things unpleasant, and he never works in baseball again but at least gets enough cash out of the deal not to worry too much about it.

Either way, Coppy is done in baseball. If he gets his cash others knew. If he gets nothing others still probably knew but he can't prove it.
    They did offer him a severance package.

"I am your retribution."

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    They did offer him a severance package.
    And he turned it down which means he is either a. stupid or b. has enough dirt that he thinks he will get paid more

Also, the SP, had strings I am sure such as non disclosure....

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Further proof that Hart and JS scapegoated Coppy to MLB for immunity.
    Forever Fredi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-30-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Looking forward to the Braves signing a BP arm and calling it a successful off season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    And he turned it down which means he is either a. stupid or b. has enough dirt that he thinks he will get paid more

Also, the SP, had strings I am sure such as non disclosure....
    I'm sure. Hart btw has gone out of his way on at least one occasion to say how much he still cares about Coppy and "his family." That can be interpreted in various ways.

"I am your retribution."

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I'm hoping that once the World Series ends, we'll find out that Hart's contract will not be renewed.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment, however.
    Last edited by brian22; 10-30-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brian22 View Post
    I'm hoping that once the World Series ends, we'll find out that Hart's contract will not be renewed.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment, however.
    I'm hoping that if MLB makes a finding of "lack of knowledge" on Hart's part it will provide the Braves with the justification to ease him out on the grounds that they need someone who is more of a hands on supervisor.

"I am your retribution."

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I'd be surprised if Hart was found guilty of any wrongdoing. Not because he's a great guy or because he's innocent in the matter, but because of Coppy's reported threat of legal action. If MLB or Liberty Media pins anything on Hart, Coppy can argue that he was a cog in the system headed by Hart and thereby unfairly targeted by the Braves. If Hart is found 'innocent' by MLB via the 'asleep at the wheel' defense, then that may limit liability and make this go away as quickly as possible - something that's in the best interest of the Braves and MLB.
    Last edited by brian22; 10-30-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Further proof that Hart and JS scapegoated Coppy to MLB for immunity.
    Scapegoating implies something innocent getting blamed for the guilt of another. Is that the implication? Or is it more that of the guilty people, Coppy was thrown to the wolves to protect the others?

Coppy probably deserved what he got. But I think he was absolutely fired to protect Hart.

I don't think JS needed any protection as JS isn't involved with baseball ops. He gives speeches and cuts ribbons at this point.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Scapegoating implies something innocent getting blamed for the guilt of another. Is that the implication? Or is it more that of the guilty people, Coppy was thrown to the wolves to protect the others?

Coppy probably deserved what he got. But I think he was absolutely fired to protect Hart.

I don't think JS needed any protection as JS isn't involved with baseball ops. He gives speeches and cuts ribbons at this point.
    JS got our new spring training complex built in his backyard near his house.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    JS got our new spring training complex built in his backyard near his house.
    That kind of stuff is about the only real work he does anymore. He's not involved in baseball operations. That's why we have Hart.

We can point to Hart the fact that he's the head of baseball ops to lay blame on him. Either he knew or he should have known. Either way he's at fault.

What duty of JS's is at issue here? JS isn't the head of baseball ops anymore. He's not even involved in it as far as I can tell.

It seems to me that putting the blame on JS is motivated by one of two things. Either the person blaming JS doesn't like him for other reasons (Tex trade, lack of analytics, just plain don't like him as GM, etc), has long wanted him to go, and now wants the blame put on him for this to get rid of him. Or the person blaming JS has some kind of vestigial feeling of JS running the show.

I'm more than willing to put blame on JS if it comes out he was part of it or knew it was happening. But unlike Hart, JS has plausible deniability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    That kind of stuff is about the only real work he does anymore. He's not involved in baseball operations. That's why we have Hart.

We can point to Hart the fact that he's the head of baseball ops to lay blame on him. Either he knew or he should have known. Either way he's at fault.

What duty of JS's is at issue here? JS isn't the head of baseball ops anymore. He's not even involved in it as far as I can tell.

It seems to me that putting the blame on JS is motivated by one of two things. Either the person blaming JS doesn't like him for other reasons (Tex trade, lack of analytics, just plain don't like him as GM, etc), has long wanted him to go, and now wants the blame put on him for this to get rid of him. Or the person blaming JS has some kind of vestigial feeling of JS running the show.

I'm more than willing to put blame on JS if it comes out he was part of it or knew it was happening. But unlike Hart, JS has plausible deniability.
    There is an additional reason to dislike JS in this context, which is that he seems to see Dayton Moore as the shining knight who will preserve/restore the Braves Way (aka Gold Standard Franchise) of doing things. As such he is likely an impediment to moving the FO in a progressive direction.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    There is an additional reason to dislike JS in this context, which is that he seems to see Dayton Moore as the shining knight who will preserve/restore the Braves Way (aka Gold Standard Franchise) of doing things. As such he is likely an impediment to moving the FO in a progressive direction.
    Not wanting JS to pick Dayton Moore is a fair point. One that can be debated. However, that is a reason for McGurik not to rely on JS in picking the next GM/head of baseball ops. It's not a reason to put the blame of the violations on him. I see a lot of people lumping in JS with Hart and Coppy. I just haven't read anything at this point that even hints at JS knowing or even being in a role to know what all was going on.