Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scotch and other Fine Whiskeys

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Are you making the trek down to Cooperstown for Smoltz's induction ceremony, Zeets? If so, we'll have to click glasses on Saturday evening. Dinner's on SAV.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    Are you making the trek down to Cooperstown for Smoltz's induction ceremony, Zeets? If so, we'll have to click glasses on Saturday evening. Dinner's on SAV.
    Probably not. Unless my job situation changes I'm using up my full weekends in the summer to go to Philly 2 weekends in a row. If my job situation changes to a job I just applied it could be even more grim as I found a foot in the door job at a distributor but it's like thursday-monday.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i am thinking about making the trip again this year. i know a bar we could try some local stuff there that [MENTION=1]Heywood[/MENTION] and I drank last summer there.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (05-30-2015)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    If you beotches go, I will throw down on dinner for sure. Not like there's many options there, but I will anyways. lol
    Forever Fredi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (05-30-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    haha, no doubt. ain't much there
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I'm absolutely in for this trip. Enjoyed it thoroughly last year, despite some crossed signals. Most likely will not need to see the museum this time around, so would more likely head directly to the restaurant. Did not make hotel reservations in Albany. Suspected that a lot of those "cheap sleeps" along the way are attainable. Have to say that driving from Albany to Cooperstown in the '98 Ford Contour SVT was blast going downhill at 80 in the rain!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Knucks, things could've been so much smoother if you joined us in the modern age and had a cellphone. Even a prepaid phone from Walmart would've sufficed. Still laughing because amongst the field of thousands, we literally looked right at each other and were within 3 feet of one another and then kept walking. I had a feeling it was you, but to no avail. Got lost after that. Lol
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    If you beotches go, I will throw down on dinner for sure. Not like there's many options there, but I will anyways. lol
    I don't think they do dinner, but the food at Ommegang is legit. Their Chicken adn Waffles was the highlight to my cooperstown trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Knucks, things could've been so much smoother if you joined us in the modern age and had a cellphone. Even a prepaid phone from Walmart would've sufficed. Still laughing because amongst the field of thousands, we literally looked right at each other and were within 3 feet of one another and then kept walking. I had a feeling it was you, but to no avail. Got lost after that. Lol
    Actually, I was ahead of the curve - had one of those clunker car phones back in '93, back when nobody else had mobile. People would stare at me talking on the thing during grad school. Now it'd be the most ordinary thing. Only kept service the duration of the contract. 2 years ago, they gave me an OK one for work but wanted it back when they relieved me of my responsibilities. Meantime, hoping that the cable company adds cell service to allow me to drop my landline.

Nevertheless, I was exactly where I told you I'd be with description, including attire (Maddux home jersey). So, the "mixed signals" were not my fault.

This time, just pick a restaurant with a time and you can expect me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I don't think they do dinner, but the food at Ommegang is legit. Their Chicken adn Waffles was the highlight to my cooperstown trip.
    The Ommegang beer is nice. Tried it for the first time at a bar in Albany. The "bar food" was limited, but decided on alligator. They prepped it with hot sauce like wings, but it even messier to eat. Quite tasty though.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Actually, I was ahead of the curve - had one of those clunker car phones back in '93, back when nobody else had mobile. People would stare at me talking on the thing during grad school. Now it'd be the most ordinary thing. Only kept service the duration of the contract. 2 years ago, they gave me an OK one for work but wanted it back when they relieved me of my responsibilities. Meantime, hoping that the cable company adds cell service to allow me to drop my landline.

Nevertheless, I was exactly where I told you I'd be with description, including attire (Maddux home jersey). So, the "mixed signals" were not my fault.

This time, just pick a restaurant with a time and you can expect me.
    I'm not saying you gave me mixed signals. You actually were wearing a t-shirt if I recall, not a Maddux home jersey. I'm just saying, even with the directions you gave me at the time (I was driving the car into Cooperstown when you told me), there were thousands of Braves fans, bunches with Maddux jerseys to boot. So you remember as well as I do how much chaos there was there.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    The Ommegang beer is nice. Tried it for the first time at a bar in Albany. The "bar food" was limited, but decided on alligator. They prepped it with hot sauce like wings, but it even messier to eat. Quite tasty though.
    There brewery is stunning. The land is stunning as well. I want to go to a show there, but when Dinosaur Jr./Primus, or OCMS will be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    IYou actually were wearing a t-shirt if I recall, not a Maddux home jersey.
    Definitely was Majestic replica white jersey. This year, it'll Smoltz road gray on Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    There brewery is stunning. The land is stunning as well. I want to go to a show there, but when Dinosaur Jr./Primus, or OCMS will be there.
    For a town that small, it's amazing with the number of local breweries. Ommegang definitely left a nice impression. Will see if there's a way to include that in the itenerary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    gator in hot sauce? wtf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    For a town that small, it's amazing with the number of local breweries. Ommegang definitely left a nice impression. Will see if there's a way to include that in the itenerary.
    It'stotally worth it. Though it's more of alunch spot with the food. But totally worth it. Frites were quite nice, and as I said the Chicken and Waffles are freaking insane.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (06-01-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    gator in hot sauce? wtf?

Tasted like chicken. Really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    gator doesn't taste like chicken imo

but :cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    At this annual New Year's Even soiree, one of the guest showed up with some Johnnie Walker, aged 10 years in rye casks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    At this annual New Year's Even soiree, one of the guest showed up with some Johnnie Walker, aged 10 years in rye casks.
    That's interesting.

I need the equivalent of untapped for scotch. Cause I keep having interesting ones and forgetting the names. Usually cause many less interesting ones come later.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (01-18-2016)