Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: GDT 8/16/2013: Nationals @ Braves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Yeah, we have a lot more to lose than they do.

I do not believe Avilan hit him on purpose. Julio.. probably did.

I don't understand why we cheered hitting him. That's pretty lame.
    Because it was funny.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chopdrew For This Useful Post:

Diesel (08-17-2013), kingphatcow (08-17-2013)

Still Playing the Waiting Game DaneHill's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    My understanding of the whole 'Barves' thing is that it's a play on both Braves and Barf. So the plural of Barf.

Still Playing the Waiting Game DaneHill's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Also I may be in the minority, but I do NOT want to see a brawl, or even someone get plunked. Not worth the chance of injury this close to the postseason, and with the Braves rolling. If/When someone (Justin) does get plunked, I hope he just takes it and calmly walks to 1B, ending it. We don't need to prove anything else to the Nats this season.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaneHill For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (08-17-2013), gilesfan (08-17-2013), mossy (08-17-2013)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneHill View Post
    Also I may be in the minority, but I do NOT want to see a brawl, or even someone get plunked. Not worth the chance of injury this close to the postseason, and with the Braves rolling. If/When someone (Justin) does get plunked, I hope he just takes it and calmly walks to 1B, ending it. We don't need to prove anything else to the Nats this season.
    Fully agree. I want this ended, and for the games themselves to be the only story.

I didn't like any of the Harper plunkings, and I wish our fans wouldn't cheer for that kind of stuff. He never started anything after all.

Gotta love how the Nats announcers painted all our fans with a broad brush. "Bloodthirsty Braves Fans." Those guys are so unprofessional.
    Last edited by mossy; 08-17-2013 at 01:16 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (08-17-2013), gilesfan (08-17-2013)

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Hit him again tomorrow leading off the game. Right between the shoulder blades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chopdrew View Post
    Because it was funny.
    Riotous. As long as you're not coming in high, I see no problem with turning him into a nice baseball voodoo doll. As Pedro would say, "drill him in the ass again."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    The Fifteen Point Fives
    Hey- yo!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Any fans in any stadium would be cheering on a punk opposing player getting plunked intentional or untinentional.

98% of the people in any stadium are your run of the mill average joe fans who are going to root root root for the home team no matter what.

Like I said earlier, if Robert Fick had punched Karros' glove in Atlanta instead of Chicago, the crowd is probably rooting for him like crazy because his "hustle" and it's just rooting for the home team. I wouldn't be embarrassed at our fans tonight, because they dind't do anything different than any other stadium would do.

Do you think Fenway would boo Lester for hitting someone on the back intentionally? No.
    Do you think Yankee Stadium would book Joba or Rivera if they were intentionally hitting someone? No.

So why anyone thinks our own fans would boo Avilan or Wood for hitting Harper, I have no idea what to tell you. That's just baseball.
    Forever Fredi

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dunit24 (08-17-2013), kingphatcow (08-17-2013), NYCBrave (08-17-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    I predict Strasburg will take it upon himself to dispense some justice in the first inning. Jey-Hey and Justin might just break him in half.
    I really don't think I'd **** with us. We don't get much smaller after that. Freeman and Mac are big boys, and Mac really doesnt like Harper. We've only got one Janish, and he can stand in back or maybe fight their batboy or something.
    Last edited by GovClintonTyree; 08-17-2013 at 07:01 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

mcollier (08-17-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin 8m
    #Braves have 40 games remaining. If they went 20-20 the rest of the way, the #Nationals would need to finish 36-5...to tie.
    Bryce, this ****'s over.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

Dunit24 (08-17-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javyz1fan View Post
    Yup. I didn't see Harper getting hit, but I saw the end of the game and the postgame show.

Knight was saying he was glad Harper didn't retaliate because he would get in trouble, but if he were Harper he would have gone after the pitcher. Saying someone needs to be body slammed for the sake of family, friends, and children, because it was in the neck area and was endangering his life. Said Justin Upton should get drilled in the first inning because he's hitting the HRs against them, and they should do it early so they (the Gnats) won't face any punishments.

Went on to say the Braves fans in Atlanta were totally classless over cheering the HBP and that he (and the other guy) had never, ever seen anything like that from fans in any professional sport.

Knight can spare me. The Nationals fanbase has plenty of jackass classless fools in its midst, so he whose fanbase lives in a glass house...
    That's the sound of a biased broadcaster whos team is getting owned. I would hate us too. 15.5 games back of us and we are drilling there best player. Im waiting for the nats to do something. They have been all talk all year long. Shut up gnats and do something then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    That's Knight, Nattering on (hyuk).

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe this has something to do with last nite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    When Harper has to pick himself up off the ground and face the next pitch --- then he has a beef. I agree with the guy above that says hit him in the shouder blades.

Braves staff are definitely in his / their cap -- until he proves otherwise --

Instead of 15.5 fans pissn and moanin about Harper getting a free base they should be pissdt that
    a) they been beat 2 nights in a row with walk off HR's
    b) 2 XBH last night (one of them Harper)
    c) 1 walk last night (again Harper)
    d) 10 K's (as opposed to Braves 9)
    e) no SB or SAC's
    f) Ray Knight being a spokesperson.

Like Pedro said - but not Minor because I think first pitcher to touch someone gets tossed

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javyz1fan View Post
    Yup. I didn't see Harper getting hit, but I saw the end of the game and the postgame show.

Knight was saying he was glad Harper didn't retaliate because he would get in trouble, but if he were Harper he would have gone after the pitcher. Saying someone needs to be body slammed for the sake of family, friends, and children, because it was in the neck area and was endangering his life. Said Justin Upton should get drilled in the first inning because he's hitting the HRs against them, and they should do it early so they (the Gnats) won't face any punishments.

Went on to say the Braves fans in Atlanta were totally classless over cheering the HBP and that he (and the other guy) had never, ever seen anything like that from fans in any professional sport.

Knight can spare me. The Nationals fanbase has plenty of jackass classless fools in its midst, so he whose fanbase lives in a glass house...

I'm not a big fan of Knight at all. But what did he say that was wrong?

Cheering someone getting injured may be the most classless things I've seen from the Braves fanbase, a fanbase that prides itself on class.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    I think it's telling of what Nats players think of Harper for not retaliating yet. I don't think they're too fond of him either. Seems like they would have had his back by now.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I hate Harper. I can't stand how he goes about his game.. maybe it's an irrational hatred, but I just don't like the kid. He's like the anti-David Wright to me (and since I have a lot of respect for Wright, I know its not just blind homerism).

Gilesfan- I see guys giving you a hard time about the Nats. Are you more of a Nats fan than a Braves fan? Just curious.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I think it's telling of what Nats players think of Harper for not retaliating yet. I don't think they're too fond of him either. Seems like they would have had his back by now.

If something doesn't happen this weekend, then I would agree with you. They keep talking about how they are handling it in house and trying to win. I can understand not doing something last night. But at this point you have to stick up for your fellow player even if you don't believe in intentionally hitting players.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Knight at all. But what did he say that was wrong?

Cheering someone getting injured may be the most classless things I've seen from the Braves fanbase, a fanbase that prides itself on class.
    Get real homie, any fan base would have cheered for the same thing if their home team did it.

Yes even thr glorious fan bases of St. Louis, NY, Boston.

Do you think if Strasburg would have hit Heyward he wouldn't have gotten a cheer at Nats Park last week? Stop being delusional about it. It happens in baseball all the time.
    Forever Fredi

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramadon101 View Post
    I hate Harper. I can't stand how he goes about his game.. maybe it's an irrational hatred, but I just don't like the kid. He's like the anti-David Wright to me (and since I have a lot of respect for Wright, I know its not just blind homerism).

Gilesfan- I see guys giving you a hard time about the Nats. Are you more of a Nats fan than a Braves fan? Just curious.

I'm supposedly a Nats fan because I get their coverage and follow them.

I actually have mutual friends with David Wright. He's just a laid back guy. I've heard other players talk about Harper and they like him but all comment on how intense he is.