Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    He had to be an alias, I don't know of who....but no way that was a "real" poster.
    I'm fairly certain it was Horsie. Horsie complained about Duckie getting banned or something. Then he got into it with Bill and he himself got banned.

The RedneckParamedic thing was just him trolling I think, because every blue moon he'd actually post something legit. He and Vuchato became good friends I think.
    Forever Fredi

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Nice to see you back, Hawk.

This is a pretty fascinating narrative; I'd be interested in reading the full creative non-fiction piece (though if you get laid for it this time around, someone besides me will have to step up to the plate).

Also: as someone who wrote for you during the early days of BravesCenter original content, I can honestly say I had no idea we were pretty much the same age at the time.
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-14-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (08-14-2013)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Wasn't RedneckParamedic a pseudoname for Horsie after he got banned?
    Not sure, but I'm pretty sure the most recent alias Horsie was using was "Rorshach," or at least he was using that circa 2010.
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-14-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Haha -- you know I also found where the old BravesBeaters hole up -- maybe you've found it? Really depressing.

That's why I was so shocked to find these forums as active as they are.
    I have not, I actually stopped posting on any sites for months, this was after I finally gave up on scout and PD. Plus, actually growing up and having a real job, family, etc. I just started posting again when Osama/GMAJAH texted me to come over to SAV's site (invision). Luckily my job is pretty much all done on a computer and I can post at work, otherwise I doubt I'd have the time.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Since we are going down memory lane....does anyone know what team BRB is playing DB for in the NFL?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Holy crap. Back from the dead.

I must have been slightly older at the time, but that is a wild story from someone that was "involved" from the beginning.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Nice to see you back, Hawk.

This is a pretty fascinating narrative; I'd be interested in reading the full creative non-fiction piece (though if you get laid for it this time around, someone besides me will have to step up to the plate).

Also: as someone who wrote for you during the early days of BravesCenter original content, I can honestly say I had no idea we were pretty much the same age at the time.
    Good to see you around as well JP. What are you doing with your life nowadays? Between MFII (Andrew) and yourself, I had two professional writers on staff for a time at BC.

If I dig the story out of mothballs one of these days I will get a copy to you. I'm one of those types who writes something, reads it obsessively for a short period of time, and then becomes so repulsed by it that I never look at it again. I'll take [MENTION=132]pfiggy[/MENTION] as a consolation prize.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

pfiggy (08-14-2013)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I don't think most of the posters have any issues with Bill. obviously there were some battles, but Bill would let posters speak their mind. (he had a quick temper, but would relent)

It's moreso with Patio, who ran your site into the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Well that was an interesting read.

Sounds like there are other posters out there we can grab. Maybe it's time to expand this board's reach into other sites.
    thank you weso1!

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    I have not, I actually stopped posting on any sites for months, this was after I finally gave up on scout and PD. Plus, actually growing up and having a real job, family, etc. I just started posting again when Osama/GMAJAH texted me to come over to SAV's site (invision). Luckily my job is pretty much all done on a computer and I can post at work, otherwise I doubt I'd have the time.
    I've seen a lot of people bashing PatioDaddio. All I remember about him was an avatar of a hotdog swinging a baseball bat or something to that effect. When was he made moderator of the old board and who thought that was a prudent decision? What happened to MikeAdams, RNikki, Nocahoma?

I thought the quality of moderation degenerated to Stasi-esque levels when gr8tobestr8, or whatever it was, was given mod powers by Bill. How did that end up working out?

I know what you mean about forums in general. I didn't post online at all from 2006 until about a year ago (call it bitterness,) when I became a member of a travel forum. And I 'work' on the Internet too. Then again, I am reclusive and generally anti-social media (save Twitter, which I love.)
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    It's moreso with Patio, who ran your site into the ground.
    Is he publishing the site now? Or just in control of the forums? I don't even know what the site is called anymore.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Gr8 was awful. He was another hot head that got into too many heated arguments with posters and threatened to ban if you disagree (or said anything bad about Auburn)

I think Patio is the Admin under the fox sports banner. He kept claiming fox wanted to clean up the board, etc. His claims were they he was just following their orders.

I didn't believe him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    I've seen a lot of people bashing PatioDaddio. All I remember about him was an avatar of a hotdog swinging a baseball bat or something to that effect. When was he made moderator of the old board and who thought that was a prudent decision? What happened to MikeAdams, RNikki, Nocahoma?

I thought the quality of moderation degenerated to Stasi-esque levels when gr8tobestr8, or whatever it was, was given mod powers by Bill. How did that end up working out?

I know what you mean about forums in general. I didn't post online at all from 2006 until about a year ago (call it bitterness,) when I became a member of a travel forum. And I 'work' on the Internet too. Then again, I am reclusive and generally anti-social media (save Twitter, which I love.)
    PD has been a mod for awhile now, it all kind of blends together now...it got really bad, probably 5-6 months ago?

RNikki is over here, Mike is MIA - no one can find him, Noc - not sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Is he publishing the site now? Or just in control of the forums? I don't even know what the site is called anymore.
    PD's story is pretty much the opposite of yours. You were a well liked young pup who built a message board community from the ground up to an impressive pinnacle. PD is a grumpy old man who took a board from its impressive pinnacle to its destruction.
    thank you weso1!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-14-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    Hey Hawk, you, I guess now, can be called an old reprobate......good seein' ya son. pFascinatin' narrative sir. Stick around, we are all a lot older, but not much wiser, strictly speakin' pfor myownself. Renee is here, we're still lookin' pfor a pfew good men and women though. Ima gonna ask mojo the met pfan if she can get a hold of Noc.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pfiggy For This Useful Post:

Hawk (08-15-2013)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pfiggy View Post
    Hey Hawk, you, I guess now, can be called an old reprobate......good seein' ya son. pFascinatin' narrative sir. Stick around, we are all a lot older, but not much wiser, strictly speakin' pfor myownself. Renee is here, we're still lookin' pfor a pfew good men and women though. Ima gonna ask mojo the met pfan if she can get a hold of Noc.
    Pfigster, you're always looking for a few good woman aren't you??? ;)

I remember the name Kyle Hawkins, though I didn't know him/you that well. We might be able to find Noc once the fantasy football season gets going, he used to play with us, Pfiggy, Paul, and some of the others.

What about Trailer Trash. I always liked conversing with him as well and I have been trying to track him down for quite a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    I just sent PJ/Suri and Rick/Trailertrash an email, maybe it will work. And yeah, a pfew good women are a lot better than a buncha beaches, I'm thinkin'. I asked Mojo if she could tell Noc about this place, but he may be too old to care anymore, lol.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

I forgot that was Patio's avatar before he went with the Heineken thing he had for ages. Yeah he was a crazy old person in the first place (was one of the people instrumental in the premium vs. free board rift) and in general was a douche to everyone. But he was moderately enjoyable as a poster. When he was given his mission for God he was terrible.

The gr8 mod experiment was just that, gr8. So much fun happened when he was mod probably just to act out against him. Not to mention the legendary Meta/gr8 battles that to this day haven't ended.

I still hold the belief though that all these things were instrumentations done by Bill. When he left scout I think he recommended Patio knowing he'd torpedo the board. I think the same thing with making gr8 a mod, he did it so that he wouldn't be public enemy number 1. I don't think Bill is a bad guy but I do think he had more to do with the negative side of things than he'll wind up being given credit for.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pfiggy View Post
    I just sent PJ/Suri and Rick/Trailertrash an email, maybe it will work. And yeah, a pfew good women are a lot better than a buncha beaches, I'm thinkin'. I asked Mojo if she could tell Noc about this place, but he may be too old to care anymore, lol.
    How can someone be too old to care with OKHawk puttering around here?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    Good question zeets.......care to elaborate OKHawkster?