Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Violence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    “She has art for first period. We just don’t know where she is and if she’s okay. We’re praying,” Thurman added. “It’s really shocking to hear this could happen in our schools.”

Santa Fe is the 22nd school shooting in 2018, according to CNN.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    prayers and thoughts didn't work again eh?

i wonder if we could come up with a different plan
    like putting people who shoot at paper targets of humans into jail

to take the place of all of the nonviolent drug offenders you want freed

great "plan"

or did you mean banning all the murder machines?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    the number of school shootings that have happened since the year 2000 around the world:
    ENGLAND: 0
    GREECE: 1
    NETHERLANDS: 1
    SPAIN: 1
    INDIA: 1
    ARGENTINA: 1
    RUSSIA: 1
    CHINA: 3
    MEXICO: 4
    AUSTRALIA: 5
    CANADA: 5
    GERMANY: 5
    SOUTH AFRICA: 5
    USA: 213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    the number of school shootings that have happened since the year 2000 around the world:
    ENGLAND: 0
    GREECE: 1
    NETHERLANDS: 1
    SPAIN: 1
    INDIA: 1
    ARGENTINA: 1
    RUSSIA: 1
    CHINA: 3
    MEXICO: 4
    AUSTRALIA: 5
    CANADA: 5
    GERMANY: 5
    SOUTH AFRICA: 5
    USA: 213
    CNN was pushing a similarly absurdly misleading stat. The actual number of bonified school shootings is obviously significantly lower than that number. The real number is still an outlier, so no reason to push the lie. This is one of several lies that left wing media has strongly pushed just this week.

- Israel is indiscriminately killing Palestinians (Almost all of them were members of terrorist orgs).
    - Trump called immigrants animals (He was specifically referring to MS13)
    - 22 School shootings this year (Includes any shooting on or near large university campuses, including accidental shootings and shootings from non lethal weapons)

Once you open your eyes to just how dishonest the press is, or just bad at their jobs if you give them the benefit of the doubut, it's really quite an eye opener. Obvious stuff that can easily be debunked by just a bit of research.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The left is wrong on purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    For discussion sake let's say you have a point.

Making the number something in the range of 150 ?
    125 ?

Parkland and Santa Fe , within the last 3 months alone outnumbers 7 countries on that list.
    Over 18 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

125 ?

Parkland and Santa Fe , within the last 3 months alone outnumbers 7 countries on that list.
    Over 18 years
    Are we banning shotguns and handguns now?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

125 ?

Over 18 years
    Has there been more school shootings in America since 2000 or more shootings last year in Chicago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

125 ?

Over 18 years
    The actual number is probably closer to ten. The original tweet would still be relevant if he went with an honest number. Taking into account population and all that stuff you still come up with the conclusion that gun availability is probably a factor in school shootings in the US. The big question is what regulations will significantly reduce that and how will those regulations effect us in other ways. There are certain regulations that I'm eager to discuss and think might help.
    thank you weso1!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'd be interested to know what criteria you use to come up with 10.

I also get why you want to separate certain kinds of gun violence incidents that happen on school/college grounds from buzzword "school shootings," but, honestly, if the topic is gun violence and gun availability, it's not quite a distinction without a difference, but not far from that.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Weso

57 has an IQ of an amoeba so go easy on him. He takes anything liberal as gospel and he worship their news. So he is not going to listen to you because his brain can't process simple things as logic. The echo chamber the liberal media feeds him to keep him alive. If he doesn't get his daily IV of Trump news, he might go into cardiac arrest. So be careful in addressing this simpleton who probably ate too many paint chips in his youth back in the 1940's and then upgraded to short bus scenarios later.

Just some friendly advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I'd be interested to know what criteria you use to come up with 10.

I also get why you want to separate certain kinds of gun violence incidents that happen on school/college grounds from buzzword "school shootings," but, honestly, if the topic is gun violence and gun availability, it's not quite a distinction without a difference, but not far from that.
    The stat is any weapon in any BLOCK range of the school. Gang shootings, suicides, carjacks, assaults, if it is in the vicinity it is counted as a school shooting. Actual shooting in the school is less than 10.

You know that yellow sign "15 MPH when children are present" you see when you are driving, as soon as you pass that zone, you are in school territory and I guess that is what they are counting and that can be up to a two to three block range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I am all for not selling any more guns in America, even hunting shotguns. Bambi can live and procreate like a mother.

But you still have 340 mil (estimate now) with 3 to 5 thousand coming in from Mexico illegally everyday (google it). So the guns will be there regardless, more expensive, yes, but how are you going to confiscate 340 mil weapons without depopulating most of our police and armed forces in doing it? I would love to see you plan.

Oh buyback, you might get 60 mil if that and none of the crooks and crazies are going to give up their weapons without a fight, so maybe what 100000 dead troops and policeman in a gun war which would make the world look us like we are crazy in doing something like this. Well that is a dead end.

As always I have common sense.

Bullying
    Social Media
    School lack of commitment in doing anything.

The shooter was on the school, town and county radar, nothing done. Bullied mercilessly until he snap, the school knew and some of their members were responsible. We have a problem with this and we want to go after NRA who has NOTHING to do with it at all for political purposes.

How many people have to die to address the problem of bullying and mental illness and not the NRA. Guns are out there and you can't get them back so quit trying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Like I asked, once these qualifications are imposed what is the actual number ?
    10 is absurd

Even 10 is twice as many as the next closest country
    why not jsut look at the number a say yeah,there is a problem -what are we going to do instead of quibble over trivialities

Here are 10 incidents since Jan 1, 2018 - by "we" criteria as written in the article

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/u...ings-2018.html

last paragraph before list

Here are some of the school shootings of 2018.

(This list does not include several times guns were used on or near school property, including suicides or attempted shootings in which no one was injured.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-19-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I am all for not selling any more guns in America, even hunting shotguns. Bambi can live and procreate like a mother.

But you still have 340 mil (estimate now) with 3 to 5 thousand coming in from Mexico illegally everyday (google it). So the guns will be there regardless, more expensive, yes, but how are you going to confiscate 340 mil weapons without depopulating most of our police and armed forces in doing it? I would love to see you plan.

Oh buyback, you might get 60 mil if that and none of the crooks and crazies are going to give up their weapons without a fight, so maybe what 100000 dead troops and policeman in a gun war which would make the world look us like we are crazy in doing something like this. Well that is a dead end.

As always I have common sense.

Bullying
    Social Media
    School lack of commitment in doing anything.

The shooter was on the school, town and county radar, nothing done. Bullied mercilessly until he snap, the school knew and some of their members were responsible. We have a problem with this and we want to go after NRA who has NOTHING to do with it at all for political purposes.

How many people have to die to address the problem of bullying and mental illness and not the NRA. Guns are out there and you can't get them back so quit trying.

I agree about the bully part. Schools are ****ed up when it comes to rules for students. I was suspended 15 times in middle school almost all were me getting hit first and me hitting back. Schools believe a student should curl into a ball and piss themself if attacked. No one else has to live by that standard. I actually tries telling the teachers first. For example, in one class a kid took my pencil, three it down the hall and told me to go get it. I tell the teacher and her response is "well then go get it". So I took the teachers pen and threw it down the hall and told her to go get it. I asked her to explain why I am In trouble and the student who did it to me is not. Then I walked behind that student and slammed his head into his desk. Another instance a kid comes up to me after class and slaps me. I insulted his mother after his sister in class insulted me. I told the teacher. The teacher did nothing. He actually told me I need to bulk up. Next day I immediately start hitting that student that slapped me. After 2 fights semester they are supposed to send you to ALC which is one step before expulsion but the principal said he was not doing that because I was being harassed for being one of 4 white kids in the school. Also almost got expelled for refusing to wear a uniform. The first year I started was the first year they had them. They said it was about safety and that we could get shot for wearing the wrong colors. ALL I simply requested was that the teachers be safe too by wearing the uniforms.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Cajun

I defended people like you in school. If you ever saw the movie My Bodyguard with Adam Baldwin and Chris Makepeace, the environment then is what you are saying. I was not like Adam Baldwin, I was an active personn of seeing if bullying was carrying on and I see it, the bully and I will have a little chat after school, fist fight if you will. If they are bigger or a group, I have friends that would help me out. I never got suspended, many times in the chair getting yelled at for defending (vigilantism) but the principals knew I did the right thing. Plus it was usually off school grounds and after school. You get a reputation and bullying stopped and our school had around 800 students. Was I a bad ass, no, but I was intimidating.

We don't have that nowadays, because of social media has made it infinitely worse.

The glaring aspect of all of this. The Left want to shut the NRA down. The NRA has nothing to do with it. They can only control what guns that are sold or those legally that can have them. What about the 200+ mil that are illegal? What about the 3 to 5k that comes in daily for Mexico via tunnels or overground where there is no wall.

If the NRA did not exist, we will still have this because no NRA member nor the parents were part of the NRA that did these things. So the only thing NRA can say is, please don't sell any more guns. That won't stop the problem.

If some bullied or wacko who wants to shoot up a school don't need their parents weapons, they can probably get them off the street. Might take a bit longer but if they are hellbent on shooting something up, they will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I think fighting is healthy for boys. I think we should encourage it in a healthier way. Like boxing. Let kids do it in a safer environment than on the streets. most of the kids I got in fights with I ended up becoming friends with.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think fighting is healthy for boys. I think we should encourage it in a healthier way. Like boxing. Let kids do it in a safer environment than on the streets. most of the kids I got in fights with I ended up becoming friends with.
    I as well. I never loss and being my age I don't think I will ever lose unless they break into my house. I don't have guns but two Katanas can do nice work on a persons head. With training, decapitation can be the outcome. You have guns, take my stuff, which isn't much, good luck on the TV because you better have friends to help you move it and a gun trained on me or you probably die and I have a hefty cleaning bill of all the blood I have to clean or change out the carpet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I lost plenty but they never wanted to go again. Always had a hard head but I would go down like a sack of potatos from a gut punch. Fortunately few people tried that. I very rarely have any kind of physical confrontation with anyone now but I use my big as car key through my fingers in my fist to the ribs to be both effective and not cause serious injury.

It’s over."