Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

FBI

Big picture
    Anyone else concerned over the FBI's influence/participation in a national election ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-04-2016 at 07:19 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    no. they are corrupt like every other part of government.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-04-2016)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Big picture
    Anyone else concerned over the FBI's influence in this national election ?
    Guess she's not 'to big to jail' like she thought he was.

You're only concerned about this because it's against Hillary. If it were against Donald instead, you'd say the FBI was doing the right thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Take the names Clinton and Trump out of the equation.

That is what Big Picture means
    This is getting old

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Take the names Clinton and Trump out of the equation.

That is what Big Picture means
    This is getting old

Doesn't bother me. If you break the law you should be charged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I'm tired of giving 9th grade Civics lessons. Or trying to converse with people posessing only a bumper sticker knowledge of current events

The FBI does not charge

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I'm tired of giving 9th grade Civics lessons. Or trying to converse with people posessing only a bumper sticker knowledge of current events

The FBI does not charge
    And much like a ninth grader, you always avoid the point. He never said the FBI charged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I am more concerned about the influence thats left us with only 2 choices to be President who are both viewed unfavorably by 60% of likely voters. If this was happening in another country we would say it is not a legitimate election. Big picture I think we look back at this election as the official moment our democracy died.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I am more concerned about the influence thats left us with only 2 choices to be President who are both viewed unfavorably by 60% of likely voters. If this was happening in another country we would say it is not a legitimate election. Big picture I think we look back at this election as the official moment our democracy died.
    Our election explained very easily...

http://9gag.com/gag/aqr2qjv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Probably the biggest reason I'm voting for Johnson today. Mostly a protest vote.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    I'm a little troubled, but the FBI under Hoover did a lot of really underhanded stuff. They threatened public officials with a variety of things, but didn't get into the elections so much. Tough place for Comey to be in, but I do wonder if he got pressure from Republican operatives. I have no proof. We'll just have to wait it out. Trump has legal problems of a different sort waiting for him if he's elected and maybe that's the nature of the game now. Maybe no one will ever be able to run for President again given the scrutiny. That doesn't excuse out-and-out breaking of the law, but anyone who gets to the level of Trump or Clinton in their respective field is standing on a pile of figurative dead bodies and they didn't play nice to get where they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    And much like a ninth grader, you always avoid the point. He never said the FBI charged.
    excuse me but I took his statement " If you break the law you should be charged. "
    to mean the FBI has jurisdiction over charging people.

In fact, the point is, the FBI and not me

You obviously have no problem with the investigative arm of law enforcement dropping unsubstantiated hearsay and innuendo into a national election.
    Or the one-sidedness of the participation of the FBI. Kinda putting their authoritative thumb on the scale of an election.
    Regardless the candidate

Because hey, both sides suck --- right?
    And you voted for Johnson, so you get a free pass.
    I call Bull****

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    People on sites like reddit and 4chan are starting to uncover the tangled web that the mainstream won't talk about. Go check it out for yourself. This stuff is getting weirder and weirder by the day and where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

I can only shake my head at someone who thinks the FBI is trying to influence the election by investigating possible acts of treason by someone who might run this country here soon. I've never seen blinders on so tight.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (11-04-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    People on sites like reddit and 4chan are like posters on the baseball side of this blog that report on imminent trades.
    Stop with that nonsense

" I can only shake my head at someone who thinks the FBI is trying to influence the election by investigating possible acts of treason by someone who might run this country here soon. I've never seen blinders on so tight. "

This has been documented by both NYTimes and Wall Street Journal.
    This excerpt from an overview :

The implications of an increasingly partisan F.B.I. are deeply troublesome. If Clinton becomes president, the bureau will likely become the primary tool of Republicans seeking to investigate her. The word “impeachment” is already on the lips of several lawmakers eager to resurrect the scandal-driven Clinton mania of the late 1990s. And if Trump becomes president, he may find in the bureau an army of sympathetic law enforcement officers ready to assist his political agenda—or vendetta, as the case may be. During interviews with The Guardian, published Thursday, a number of F.B.I. agents described an intensely anti-Clinton atmosphere at the F.B.I., with one characterizing it as “Trumpland.” Clinton, the agent said, is seen as “the antichrist personified” to many people within the bureau, and “the reason why they’re leaking is they’re pro-Trump.”

LINK
    http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...izer-breitbart

I don't care who the candidate is. The FBI, the military or any other law enforcement entity has no place interjecting themselves in elections in this manner.
    IF you disagree tell me why
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-04-2016 at 10:13 AM.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    When the "smoke" goes beyond anonymous denizens of the internet making unverifiable claims, let me know.

I can only shake my head at someone who thinks the FBI is trying to influence the election by investigating possible acts of treason by someone who might run this country here soon.

I'm not sure how anonymous sources leaking unsupported innuendo (about what is apparently a dead letter, i.e. the Clinton Foundation "investigation") six days before the election isn't an attempt to influence said election. Do you disagree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    [I]I can only shake my head at someone who thinks the FBI is trying to influence the election by investigating possible acts of treason by someone who might run this country here soon.[/I]

from Reuters:
    Two law enforcement sources familiar with the FBI's New York Field Office, which initially discovered the emails, said a faction of investigators based in the office is known to be hostile to Hillary Clinton. A spokeswoman for the FBI's New York office said she had no knowledge about this.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN12Y2QD

going beyond 2016 --- this precedent ?

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    People on sites like reddit and 4chan are like posters on the baseball side of this blog that report on imminent trades.
    Stop with that nonsense

" I can only shake my head at someone who thinks the FBI is trying to influence the election by investigating possible acts of treason by someone who might run this country here soon. I've never seen blinders on so tight. "

This has been documented by both NYTimes and Wall Street Journal.
    This excerpt from an overview :

The implications of an increasingly partisan F.B.I. are deeply troublesome. If Clinton becomes president, the bureau will likely become the primary tool of Republicans seeking to investigate her. The word “impeachment” is already on the lips of several lawmakers eager to resurrect the scandal-driven Clinton mania of the late 1990s. And if Trump becomes president, he may find in the bureau an army of sympathetic law enforcement officers ready to assist his political agenda—or vendetta, as the case may be. During interviews with The Guardian, published Thursday, a number of F.B.I. agents described an intensely anti-Clinton atmosphere at the F.B.I., with one characterizing it as “Trumpland.” Clinton, the agent said, is seen as “the antichrist personified” to many people within the bureau, and “the reason why they’re leaking is they’re pro-Trump.”

LINK
    http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...izer-breitbart

I don't care who the candidate is. The FBI, the military or any other law enforcement entity has no place interjecting themselves in elections in this manner.
    IF you disagree tell me why
    New York Times and Wall Street Journal? I can't even take you seriously. I figured at this point, with all that's come out, you guys would have learned by now that your trusted "news sources" are complete biased BS. You guys like to make fun of other people for using non mainstream sources when in fact your mainstream sources are akin to a mom saying her son who is a proven convicted murderer is innocent. If you can't follow the money and see the bias, then go ahead walking through life with your blinders on, completely oblivious to how the world around you is ran.

Julio, if this was some scapegoat like Anthony Weiner or some lower level person not named Hillary, they would have been indicted months ago. Can you honestly sit here and say that Hillary got no special treatment originally from the FBI and DOJ on this matter? I don't care what the timing is, the right thing is the right thing. The president of this country should not be breaching our national security due to incompetence. You guys are so brainwashed by the mass media pounding "woman hater" and "bad businessman" in your heads that you can't even take the time to think about the danger that the other candidate brings to this country. Real present danger. Not just "he's an asshole" fear mongering fake danger.

I know you guys all want proof but it's simply not going to be presented to you as a smoking gun and it especially wont be presented to you by the mass media outlets who are doing their damn best to cover her ass on this entire thing until the bottom eventually drops out and they're forced to cover the corruption. The funny thing is that you'll refuse to believe there is any sort of corruption going on here because we don't have proof but I guarantee in 10 years if news broke that most of this stuff was true, you'd either ignore it because it doesn't pique your interest anymore or you'd just say haha you'd have to be an idiot to not think it was going on. Conspiracies are true way more often than we think and they are much more simple and realistic than aliens and lizard people.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    People can gripe about The New York Times, but The Wall Street Journal has probably the best--and least biased--reporting outfit in the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Can't wait for the movie.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    People can gripe about The New York Times, but The Wall Street Journal has probably the best--and least biased--reporting outfit in the world.
    Which is why their reporting on the Clinton Foundation investigation being a thing and other outlets choosing to ignore it is interesting.