Thread: Verlander?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Verlander?

Would be perfect IMO if we don't have to overpay with prospects. Yes his contract is expensive but he's still a legit TOR starter that would push everyone down a spot in the rotation going forward. The guys a horse and would have a huge impact on the performance of our rotation in the short term as well as help mentoring and with the development of some of the young guns already or close to being in the big club.

What would it take to acquire him I wonder? Going into next year with a rotation of Verlander, Tehran, Folty, Dickey, Newk would be pretty good start.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwood1Hitter View Post
    Would be perfect IMO if we don't have to overpay with prospects. Yes his contract is expensive but he's still a legit TOR starter that would push everyone down a spot in the rotation going forward. The guys a horse and would have a huge impact on the performance of our rotation in the short term as well as help mentoring and with the development of some of the young guns already or close to being in the big club.

What would it take to acquire him I wonder? Going into next year with a rotation of Verlander, Tehran, Folty, Dickey, Newk would be pretty good start.
    Verlander has been discussed at length in the trade deadline thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Folty reminds me of Verlander when he first came up. He could help him big time