Page 603 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1035035535936016026036046056136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,060 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    The idiot doesn't know the words to the national anthem. Lol
    So predictable the left would say this. Just more and more fake news. We should have a game where we predict the next fake news to be created by the left.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    [MENTION=128]sturg33[/MENTION] Are you reading this Google lawsuit? **** is crazy.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/le..._medium=Social

As if we didn't know the left just sees the dreamers as votes. At this point never give them legal status.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Unfortunately, the once reasonable Julio has fallen victim to TDS
    TDS because I don't see how signing a bill relating to an MLK monument is somehow a burn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/o...pposition.html

Of course it is - There is nothing reasonable to oppose him about. This was so predictable for over a year. I said so many times that this would end up embarrassing the left to the point where their influence in this country would diminish. We are seeing that happen now. The center of the country will never take the left seriously again.
    I think he's exactly right about what he calls the epistemic closure in certain anti-Trump circles, but also spot-on in pointing it out as a reflection of its opposite. Do you disagree?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    TDS because I don't see how signing a bill relating to an MLK monument is somehow a burn.
    Wasn't meant to be a burn.

Just an acknowledgement that the left is incapable of providing any positive commentary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,742 Posts
    Think people are starting to get it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    I think he's exactly right about what he calls the epistemic closure in certain anti-Trump circles, but also spot-on in pointing it out as a reflection of its opposite. Do you disagree?
    Oh I agree that both sides have their warts. But the right preaches individual liberty and personal responsibility and the left...well I have no clue what the left stand's for anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    Think people are starting to get it

Easily predictable for well over a year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/le..._medium=Social

As if we didn't know the left just sees the dreamers as votes. At this point never give them legal status.
    That article, in the first paragraph, mischaracterizes what the memo says. Your post echoes that mischaracterization.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    That article, in the first paragraph, mischaracterizes what the memo says. Your post echoes that mischaracterization.
    No Julio its pretty clear.

"The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,” reads Palmieri’s memo, obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond,” reads the memo. “In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects.”

I know rhe route you'll take and discuss how thedreamers are popular and they won't get votes for 2018 if the dems don't get something done. However, the dreamers are concentrated in areas where they could help sway elections. And since it's so clear that illegals and the dreamers don't substantially help America as all migrants don't help their host country in relation to their detriments it's very obvious what the lefts plans are. I'm sorry it offends you as you've mentioned you're an immigrant. Not sure about how you got here but I suspect it was via legal means and that's fantastic. I hope more people come to this country like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Um, I'm not an immigrant. I can't think of anything I've ever said that suggests that. If I wrote something that gave you that impression, mea culpa.

But surely you understand the difference between DACA being politically important and dreamers=votes.

Actively courting Latinx votes is not a devious end. It's politics. So is courting anti-immigration votes. It's how elections work. And I'd argue that it is possible for policy preferences and politics to overlap.

FWIW, most DACA beneficiaries are in big blue states, and Texas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts
    Has a ring to it.

FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts

"The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,” reads Palmieri’s memo, obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond,” reads the memo. “In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects.”
    This is hogwash. Immigrants are free to vote any way they want to, or not vote at all, like most Americans. Another example of how politics, for the GOP, is all about race, and specifically, denying people of color their rightful seat at the table of government and society.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Another example of how politics, for the GOP, is all about race
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabaha hahababahahababava

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Really smart people are believing things like the gorilla channel story. It's absolutely bat **** crazy what is happening currently.
    With the money that UFC makes now on PPV events, imagine the cash people would pony up for a 24/7 gorilla death match channel! Gorillas are stronger, tougher, meaner, and can't be refereed. This fairy tale from the Trump book is a free money mint just waiting to be claimed.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Objectively, Trump has clearly been a good president to this point. He hasn't directly or indirectly caused a major war and the economy is doing its thing. That obviously could change based on future outcomes. The only real grumps about Trump at this time are based on opinions.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabaha hahababahahababava
    A decent chunk of the right is invested in race, but an even bigger and ultimately more dangerous portion of the left is even more invested in race. I wish more of them would recognize this. The Ta-Nehisi Coates wing of the the left seems impervious to their obvious racist leanings. It's concerning to say the least.
    thank you weso1!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts

I know rhe route you'll take and discuss how thedreamers are popular and they won't get votes for 2018 if the dems don't get something done. However, the dreamers are concentrated in areas where they could help sway elections. And since it's so clear that illegals and the dreamers don't substantially help America as all migrants don't help their host country in relation to their detriments it's very obvious what the lefts plans are. I'm sorry it offends you as you've mentioned you're an immigrant. Not sure about how you got here but I suspect it was via legal means and that's fantastic. I hope more people come to this country like that.
    Since you brought it up, Trump's wall and his whole immigration policy is really just an attempt to slow down the un-whitening of the demographic which doesn't bode well for the GOP. It isn't about security; it's about votes.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    So predictable the left would say this. Just more and more fake news. We should have a game where we predict the next fake news to be created by the left.
    you're right

the video is lying

lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"