Page 1015 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 15515915965100510131014101510161017102510651115 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,300 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Statistics are your friend.
    statistics can be useful...but people are individuals...if you have statistics on say Individual 1 that's fine...but to use statistics on a whole group to say something about Individual 1 is dubious and in your hands ends up being a textbook example of bigotry
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,969 Posts
    Presenting a factual statement such as cartel memebrs deserve to be shot does not support racism. The fact that you think it does speaks to what kind of thought police you envision in the future
    Stop playing coy. By itself, it may not have racist undertones (though considering your stance on immigration and Muslims I question that). But that was in reply to a blatantly racist remark, and your statement was a clearly similar stance on the subject. Also, at zero point since have you condemned the original statement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Stop playing coy. By itself, it may not have racist undertones (though considering your stance on immigration and Muslims I question that). But that was in reply to a blatantly racist remark, and your statement was a clearly similar stance on the subject. Also, at zero point since have you condemned the original statement.
    I forgot to play fealty to the moral overlords by strongly condeming an individuals statements. I will do my best to ensure i dont end up being ostraciszed from our future utopia where we all think alike.

And to clarify my stance is against illegal immigrants but i know thats a difficult nuance to discuss in your world view.

Further, i am against Islam which is a belief system that turns people into murderers.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    statistics can be useful...but people are individuals...if you have statistics on say Individual 1 that's fine...but to use statistics on a whole group to say something about Individual 1 is dubious and in your hands ends up being a textbook example of bigotry
    Lets ignore the 100 million islamists out there just so we can not upset people.

Very smart strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    Lets ignore the 100 million islamists out there just so we can not upset people.

Very smart strategy.
    None of us are advocating ignoring people that can be identified as likely to commit acts of terrorism. What I'm saying is that you have tarred an entire religious community based on the actions of a relatively small group within that community. I'm sorry you can't see that.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,969 Posts
    I forgot to play fealty to the moral overlords by strongly condeming an individuals statements. I will do my best to ensure i dont end up being ostraciszed from our future utopia where we all think alike.

And to clarify my stance is against illegal immigrants but i know thats a difficult nuance to discuss in your world view.

Further, i am against Islam which is a belief system that turns people into murderers.
    Still haven't condemned the original statement. To date all you have done is align yourself with a similar viewpoint to a racist comment and then defend that you what you said isn't technically racist.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-10-2019)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,742 Posts
    Still haven't condemned the original statement. To date all you have done is align yourself with a similar viewpoint to a racist comment and then defend that you what you said isn't technically racist.

Reminds me of yesterday when Donnie shifted the goalpost at one of his rallies from "no obstruction" to "essentially no obstruction".
    Forever Fredi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-10-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    Giuliani himself said he was worried about obstruction charges back when he first took the job.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-10-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    None of us are advocating ignoring people that can be identified as likely to commit acts of terrorism. What I'm saying is that you have tarred an entire religious community based on the actions of a relatively small group within that community. I'm sorry you can't see that.

A large portion of that group agrees with those terrorists though and our foreign policy of the last 20 years is making it much worse. Have you ever lookee at opinion polls from some of these countries. Not sure I want to import people from a country where 70% think atheists should be executed. Even if the people we bring in arent terrorists their kids could very well get radicalized like the Boston Bombing Brothers.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,969 Posts
    [MENTION=7]thethe[/MENTION], I realize my comments probablt come across pretty harsh. I still stand by the basis of the argument, but I do want to appologize if it seems I was a personally attacking you. You're good dude, even if we don't agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    [MENTION=7]thethe[/MENTION], I realize my comments probablt come across pretty harsh. I still stand by the basis of the argument, but I do want to appologize if it seems I was a personally attacking you. You're good dude, even if we don't agree.
    No need to ever apologize. I didnt think it was offensive or attacking. We should be able to disagree on topics and still get along.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    A large portion of that group agrees with those terrorists though and our foreign policy of the last 20 years is making it much worse. Have you ever lookee at opinion polls from some of these countries. Not sure I want to import people from a country where 70% think atheists should be executed. Even if the people we bring in arent terrorists their kids could very well get radicalized like the Boston Bombing Brothers.
    He refuses to acknowledge that statistics that are out there whoch paint a picture which is much worse than what he believes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    I dunno...I speak to a fair number of people from "those" countries...eat at their restaurants...buy fruit from them at their fruit stands...I have yet to meet one who I think might be a jihadi...they seem more interested in doing well in this country and seeing their children move forward with good educations...ymmv

the Tsarnaev brothers came here from Russia btw
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-10-2019 at 10:32 AM.

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,742 Posts
    Pretty sure you've done this consistently with maga hat wearers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Pretty sure you've done this consistently with maga hat wearers
    pretty sure what I've said is that those Covington boys would upon more mature reflection regret their antics and also that they have been poorly served by the adults in their lives including the chaperones

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    I dunno...I speak to a fair number of people from "those" countries...eat at their restaurants...buy fruit from them at their fruit stands...I have yet to meet one who I think might be a jihadi...they seem more interested in doing well in this country and seeing their children move forward with good educations...ymmv

Taqiyya
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    pretty sure what I've said is that those Covington boys would upon more mature reflection regret their antics and also that they have been poorly served by the adults in their lives including the chaperones
    They did nothing wrong other than violate the new groupthink ideology. No MAGA hats allowed.

Nathan was the instigator. Case closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts

And I know several fine people from the middle east. I dont want religious extremists of any religion even if they arent terrorists with bombs. They can still terrorize me with their vote too.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    Taqiyya
    what about him

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    And I know several fine people from the middle east. I dont want religious extremists of any religion even if they arent terrorists with bombs. They can still terrorize me with their vote too.
    Well good luck in your crusade.

"I am your retribution."