Page 124 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2853

Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline ROSTERBATION

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I'd be down with the Granderson pickup to get RF out of Snitker's hands. If we need another infielder we can always just call up somebody like Ruiz. I'm sure he couldn't be worse than Flaherty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I'd still like to see the Braves get Yandy Diaz and try to alter his launch angle.

He's currently sitting in AAA with a 16% BB rate and a 17% K rate.

Going by his limited statcast data from 2018, he's still crushing the ball with an average LD/FB exit velocity of 97 mph.

Surely someone can figure out how to translate that good 3b defense, exit velocity, plate discipline and contact skill into an MLB contributor.
    Man I'd love to get him. Wonder how the Indians value him. Doesn't seem like they do all that much for some reason but he hasn't been traded and surely teams have asked about him... I just have no clue what it'd take to get him

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    The weakness of our bench became highly evident in game 1 of Fish DH. Had to use a RH bat(Duval), teetering on the Mendoza line, vs a RHRP who he can't hit.. Why, because the only LH bat on the bench is the Georgia piss ant who goes by the name of Flaherty. The only other 2 choices of the 4 man bench were the back up catcher and Damsby. Some up grade of bench needs to be addressed if the Braves want to go deep in the PO if they make them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to salmagundy For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-14-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    He seems redundant to me. Our OF is already crowded. He could never platoon. Only starts would be to give nick a rest or FF a rest. (Nick covers 1st). That said I would still do it if nothing better clears in the next day or so.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    He seems redundant to me. Our OF is already crowded. He could never platoon. Only starts would be to give nick a rest or FF a rest. (Nick covers 1st). That said I would still do it if nothing better clears in the next day or so.
    He would strictly PH, but as salma correctly pointed out, the lack of a decent LHH off the bench has been apparent recently.

If Duvall is the first option off the bench vs a RHP, there are problems with the roster construction.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    He would definitely be purely a bench bat to use as a left handed option as a pinch hitter. He would basically serve Flaherty's purpose. I mean, how often do we really see Flaherty play defense nowadays anyway? Plus we are a couple weeks away from being able to make some call ups like Ruiz and whatnot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    He would strictly PH, but as salma correctly pointed out, the lack of a decent LHH off the bench has been apparent recently.

If Duvall is the first option off the bench vs a RHP, there are problems with the roster construction.
    RF has been the first option off the bench with snit, even in late innings lately. AA needs to DL RF soon to take this option away from snit as it is moronic what snit is doing here. RF should only be used in extra inning games if you run out of players.

I double checked, looks like RF didn't pinch hit that game. That is the only game lately he hasn't been the first PH off the bench, even late. It was game two he was the first pinch hitter off and late in the game.
    Last edited by Braves1976; 08-14-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    He would definitely be purely a bench bat to use as a left handed option as a pinch hitter. He would basically serve Flaherty's purpose. I mean, how often do we really see Flaherty play defense nowadays anyway? Plus we are a couple weeks away from being able to make some call ups like Ruiz and whatnot.
    AA may be waiting to add Beltre or Donaldson or another infielder. But I hope he DL's RF soon regardless.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Man I'd love to get him. Wonder how the Indians value him. Doesn't seem like they do all that much for some reason but he hasn't been traded and surely teams have asked about him... I just have no clue what it'd take to get him
    Pretty crazy that guy hasn't been given a chance the big league level.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    How shocked are you by the PTBNL in the Archer deal? Seems crazy to throw last years 1st rounder on top of that package
    sean
    12:11 does it seem the pirates really overpaid for archer
    Kiley McDaniel
    12:12 Seemed reasonably fair as a 2-for-1 with once team cashing in a valuable player and another moving guys that weren't impact guys right now and still had some prospect sheen, but I leaned toward TB's end of that deal, since I don't think Archer will be much better than he is now. Throwing in Baz does make it more clear that TB did well here. Still could've done better a year or two ago...like you wouldn't believe how much better...but they did very well with what they had to work with right now.

Hmm. Sounds like the Braves might have made a godfather offer that wasn't accepted?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    1:05
    Reggie: Heard from someone who has an inside source that said the Braves offered Pache, Gohara, and Anderson for Archer, thoughts?

Kiley McDaniel: Don’t believe that, because TB would’ve taken it

Remember all of this the next time someone clamors for the Braves to "add a TOR guy".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-16-2018)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Interesting post on reddit, but since Manny was traded to the Dodgers on July 20th:

Camargo - .310/.341/.552 - BABIP - .354
    Manny - .255/.340/.394 - BABIP - .349

Camargo has more hits, homers, RBI, and 15 fewer plate appearances.

I know it's a SSS, and maybe Manny does better on the Braves, but it again shows that Camargo has held his own this season. He's also up to 2.4 bWAR.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

Garmel (08-15-2018), jpx7 (08-15-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Reggie: Heard from someone who has an inside source that said the Braves offered Pache, Gohara, and Anderson for Archer, thoughts?

Kiley McDaniel: Don’t believe that, because TB would’ve taken it

Remember all of this the next time someone clamors for the Braves to "add a TOR guy".

One relatively informed observer saying the Rays would rather have Pache, Anderson, Gohara than Matthews, Glasnow, Baz.

Sort of an interesting thing to consider in evaluating Braves trade values.

I'd be willing to move Anderson, Gohara, and Pache for a premium MLB asset, I think.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    [B]1:05

If we are saying you could get a true TOR for the Archer package, then I'm interested.

The hesitation with Archer is that he hadn't really been that for awhile. He'd been a mid rotation guy recently not too dissimilar from Shelby Miller. Basically, you were banking on a mid-rotation guy who was going to be very cheap for a good while, that you hoped might pitch up to a #2 in the NL.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    If we are saying you could get a true TOR for the Archer package, then I'm interested.

The hesitation with Archer is that he hadn't really been that for awhile. He'd been a mid rotation guy recently not too dissimilar from Shelby Miller. Basically, you were banking on a mid-rotation guy who was going to be very cheap for a good while, that you hoped might pitch up to a #2 in the NL.

But the Braves ended up getting someone in Gausman for whom you could have more or less the exact same dream about, really, for spare parts, useless international money, and cash (and cash in the form of an asset that could actually help).

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-16-2018), jpx7 (08-16-2018)

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    [B]1:05

totally rational!

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Granderson may be the best we can do without Philly blocking the move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    I was looking to see if valbuena was hitting any better of late, and saw he's been released. Wouldn't be a good guy to take a chance on with a minor league contract? He would be better than flaherty imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was looking to see if valbuena was hitting any better of late, and saw he's been released. Wouldn't be a good guy to take a chance on with a minor league contract? He would be better than flaherty imo
    yes
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good catch. He was released on the 7th. If they were going to pick him up and give him 1-2 weeks in AAA in preparation for a bench role I think they would have done so already.