Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 WINTER MEETINGS THREAD

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    Blash was just announced as the PTBNL from the Yonder Alonso deal.
    Ohhh.. so then the Braves are going to trade CB for Blash.. I got it..

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Evan Rutckyj taken by Braves in Rule 5
    OK, show of hands ... who had Rutckyj in the Rule5 pool?

Didn't think so.

He's a 6-5, 210 Canadian native, drafted in 15th round in 2010. LOOOGY who made it up to AA last year; 82 K, 57 Hits in 62 innings. 2.63 ERA. Sounds like potential to stick, but there are now a bunch of lefty arm ready to compete for the bullpen job(s).

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    OK, show of hands ... who had Rutckyj in the Rule5 pool?

Didn't think so.

He's a 6-5, 210 Canadian native, drafted in 15th round in 2010. LOOOGY who made it up to AA last year; 82 K, 57 Hits in 62 innings. 2.63 ERA. Sounds like potential to stick, but there are now a bunch of lefty arm ready to compete for the bullpen job(s).
    Round 1
    1. Philadelphia Phillies: Tyler Goeddel, OF, Rays
    2. Cincinnati Reds: Jake Cave, OF, Yankees
    3. Atlanta Braves: Evan Rutckyj, LHP, Yankees
    4. Colorado Rockies: Luis Perdomo, RHP, Cardinals
    5. Milwaukee Brewers: Colin Walsh, 2B, A's
    6. Oakland Athletics: Jabari Blash, IF, Mariners
    7. San Diego Padres: Josh Martin, RHP, Indians
    8. Baltimore Orioles: Joey Rickard, OF, Rays
    9. Los Angeles Angels: Deolis Guerra, RHP, Pirates
    10. Toronto Blue Jays: Joseph Biagini, RHP, Giants
    11. St. Louis Cardinals: Matthew Bowman, RHP, Mets
    Round 2
    12. Philadelphia Phillies: Daniel Stumpf, LHP, Royals
    13. Cincinnati Reds: Chris O'Grady, LHP, Angels
    14. MilwaukeeBrewers: Zack Jones, RHP, Twins
    15. San Diego Padres: Blake Smith, RHP, White Sox
    16. Los Angeles Angels: Ji-Man Choi, 1B, Orioles

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Rosenthal and Stark have both said we're open to dealing Inciarte. Stark said 12 teams called, Rosenthal mentioned the Cubs. I'd use our pitching depth to pair someone with Inciarte and get Soler back. Mallex settles into center field, Soler over in right field long term.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Rosenthal and Stark have both said we're open to dealing Inciarte. Stark said 12 teams called, Rosenthal mentioned the Cubs. I'd use our pitching depth to pair someone with Inciarte and get Soler back. Mallex settles into center field, Soler over in right field long term.

no!.. I am just not sold on Soler.. I like him, but his defense is awful.. I am in the camp of keeping Ender and seeing what we have more so than trading Ender. The dude is 25 and improved to a 5 War player last year. Power is only one part of the game.. Ender is better than Soler in ever other aspect of the game.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (12-10-2015), smootness (12-10-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    no!.. I am just not sold on Soler.. I like him, but his defense is awful.. I am in the camp of keeping Ender and seeing what we have more so than trading Ender. The dude is 25 and improved to a 5 War player last year. Power is only one part of the game.. Ender is better than Soler in ever other aspect of the game.
    I agree with this.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    agreed....besides, we have him for 5 years of control...lets see what we have this season, he could be a BIG piece to the club AND he's only making like $500k

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    agreed....besides, we have him for 5 years of control...lets see what we have this season, he could be a BIG piece to the club AND he's only making like $500k
    Ender could be a Pollock type player with less power. maybe a 10-15 Hr max kind of player. But his speed and defense will make him valuable. steamer has him down to a 1 something War this year.. but that is due to less ABs and adjusted BbiP to .299.. I have a feeling a guy with his speed, he will have a higher BaBIP than .299 .. and he could be our starting center fielder for some time to come...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Ender could be a Pollock type player with less power. maybe a 10-15 Hr max kind of player. But his speed and defense will make him valuable. steamer has him down to a 1 something War this year.. but that is due to less ABs and adjusted BbiP to .299.. I have a feeling a guy with his speed, he will have a higher BaBIP than .299 .. and he could be our starting center fielder for some time to come...
    They also project a similar decline in his defensive metrics, which is a bit strange.

I want to keep Inciarte, but I certainly want us to listen if this many teams want him. If we're able to flip him for even more value, then yay us.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    They also project a similar decline in his defensive metrics, which is a bit strange.

I want to keep Inciarte, but I certainly want us to listen if this many teams want him. If we're able to flip him for even more value, then yay us.
    Exactly....I don't flip him for anything less than what he is....and sure as hell don't flip him for Soler,,,,,

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts

I think you said this already.. but we should be listening on everyone. We are still rebuilding.. so talent for greater talent is an ok move.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Exactly....I don't flip him for anything less than what he is....and sure as hell don't flip him for Soler,,,,,
    it is kind of funny though.. there were many here that said we should flip Miller for Soler and maybe a lessor prospect.. now one third of the Miller trade is not worth Soler straight up.. That speaks volumes of how much we got back for Miller..

/or we are just so hitter hungry, we value every positional player that much more.. IDK..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts

They might be willing to flip him for the same reason they were willing to deal Simmons. Defensive skills peak early, and it is very likely Inciarte is at his absolute peak value defensively right now and will only decline from here.

I don't for a second buy into Inciarte being a 5 WAR player moving forward, or even a 3+ WAR player, so if some team values him as a star player in CF for the next 4 years and is willing to pay accordingly....send him out.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    I guess I'm one of the few that still really believes in Soler. I understand power isn't everything, but it's still worth something and we just don't have much of it. I guess I see the future CF/RF of Mallex and Soler as being better than Enciarte/Markakis or whatever else we come up with in right field.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    it is kind of funny though.. there were many here that said we should flip Miller for Soler and maybe a lessor prospect.. now one third of the Miller trade is not worth Soler straight up.. That speaks volumes of how much we got back for Miller..

/or we are just so hitter hungry, we value every positional player that much more.. IDK..
    Could go either way to be honest with you. But the main reason I don't trade him before seeing what he can do this season, is we have not had a leadoff hitter in YEARS. Having someone at the top of the lineup that can make contact, take walks, steal bases, and have a little pop is priceless and something that is often overlooked. we had Markakis in the leadoff position for a big chunk of last year, he hit for the average but was station to station from there. Peterson didn't hit....

When you can put someone at the top of the lineup with those skills, it puts the pitcher/defense in stressful situations and good things can happen.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few that still really believes in Soler. I understand power isn't everything, but it's still worth something and we just don't have much of it. I guess I see the future CF/RF of Mallex and Soler as being better than Enciarte/Markakis or whatever else we come up with in right field.
    I like Soler.. Just not the trade.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    They might be willing to flip him for the same reason they were willing to deal Simmons. Defensive skills peak early, and it is very likely Inciarte is at his absolute peak value defensively right now and will only decline from here.

I don't for a second buy into Inciarte being a 5 WAR player moving forward, or even a 3+ WAR player, so if some team values him as a star player in CF for the next 4 years and is willing to pay accordingly....send him out.
    He is 25.. I don't think his defense is slipping in his 26 year old season. I think he can be a 3 War player on Batting average and defense alone.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (12-10-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Ugh. Washington is the 'mystery' team involved in the bidding for Jason Heyward

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Usually when a mystery team swoops in, they get them.

Zobrist, and many others over the years.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Usually when a mystery team swoops in, they get them.

Zobrist, and many others over the years.
    Zona and Zack just this year..