Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: C. Bethancourt to SD for RHP Kelly, and '14 International Signee R. Rodriguez (C)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    No reason to dump him for a non prospect. Just send him to AAA.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atl717 View Post
    No reason to dump him for a non prospect. Just send him to AAA.
    For the 50th time, he is out of options and can't just be sent to AAA without first passing through waivers. Surely some team would claim him and he would be gone anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    One name being discussed in exchange for Bethancourt to #Padres is Casey Kelly coming back to #Braves

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Really, I think this is a change of scenery move. Braves will try to get some form of talent back but it wont be much.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    One name being discussed in exchange for Bethancourt to #Padres is Casey Kelly coming back to #Braves
    Kelly's done. Too many elbow problems. He also would have to be on the 40 man, right?

Rather see someone else.
    Last edited by Horsehide Harry; 12-10-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Kelly sucks, oh well.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Jayson Stark was the first to report that the Padres were pushing hard for Bethancourt. So, I think it's safe to step down from the soap box now.
    Meh, whatever. Not everybody has ample free time to flip among Twitter, MLBTR and here all day long to react to every single update.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    Meh, whatever. Not everybody has ample free time to flip among Twitter, MLBTR and here all day long to react to every single update.
    then don't make a comment..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atl717 View Post
    Kelly sucks, oh well.
    I listened to an interview with Hart last night. He tried to talk CB up but it was clear the Braves are exasperated with him. They really don't care what happens to him and really don't care what the return is.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    So why would you be upset when people put all of that in one spot so you can quickly react and then get back to your busy schedule?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Poster #1: You guys are wrong, and dumb.

Poster #2: We are not wrong...here's some proof.

Poster #1: I am too smart and busy to bother looking at proof. I am not too busy to come here and call you all wrong and dumb though.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-11-2015), Freshmaker (12-18-2015), goldfly (12-10-2015), MadduxFanII (12-10-2015), Metaphysicist (12-11-2015), Runnin (12-10-2015), UNCBlue012 (12-10-2015), zedsdead (12-10-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    So why would you be upset when people put all of that in one spot so you can quickly react and then get back to your busy schedule?
    more importantly, if you don't have the time to do so, how do you have the time to be on a forum?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    or maybe, just maybe less than 300 Abs in the majors is not enough time to evaluate a hitter... or maybe just maybe if Frediot would have played him more than 4, FOUR, that is right 4 times in back to back games last year, he might have improved more. I think Catching has to be one of the most demanding positions on the field. and if you are playing every three days, and on top of that, you are a rookie.. I bet you would find it hard to develop consistency.

But his time with us is past.. wish him luck and just hope we can salvage something in a trade for him..
    May be, but his lack of effort has been widely noted. You want to play more, you have got to put in the work. And according to multiple reports, the Braves staff just wasn't seeing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Wow... Way to open yourself up for all that flack... Lmao

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    May be, but his lack of effort has been widely noted. You want to play more, you have got to put in the work. And according to multiple reports, the Braves staff just wasn't seeing it.
    I never read such reports. they may exist.. and don't worry about looking for them really. I am not questioning your sources.. Just saying from what I have seen.. I have heard radio and message boards saying he was lazy.. but that can also be hear se.. it really doesn't matter.. I am not that upset over CB... I am just a kind of guy that likes for a team to give a player a shot before saying nope.. beat it..

like folty getting a year of starts before casting him to the pen..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I never read such reports. they may exist.. and don't worry about looking for them really. I am not questioning your sources.. Just saying from what I have seen.. I have heard radio and message boards saying he was lazy.. but that can also be hear se.. it really doesn't matter.. I am not that upset over CB... I am just a kind of guy that likes for a team to give a player a shot before saying nope.. beat it..

like folty getting a year of starts before casting him to the pen..
    agree until the bold statement....Folty may be an okay starter in the long run... but his main value could be at the back end of the bullpen setting up/closing down the line....and with the amount of pitching we have coming through our system I wouldn't be opposed to let him grow into the role...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-11-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    We will take a draft pick I'm sure
    Ivermectin Man

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    agree until the bold statement....Folty may be an okay starter in the long run... but his main value could be at the back end of the bullpen setting up/closing down the line....and with the amount of pitching we have coming through our system I wouldn't be opposed to let him grow into the role...
    there are plenty of power arms for the bullpen. not as many that can maintain that through out the game. I would want him time to develop before saying his best value is out of the pen..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Jenkins
    Newcomb
    Blair
    Perez
    ManBan
    Folty

Those are all guys that could reasonably show up to spring training with a chance to break spring training with the team as the 5th starter. If we sign a veteran SP for the 4th spot, I would like to see what either Jenkins, Newcomb, or Blair can do....we saw Perez/ManBan/Folty last year

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Jenkins
    Newcomb
    Blair
    Perez
    ManBan
    Folty

Those are all guys that could reasonably show up to spring training with a chance to break spring training with the team as the 5th starter. If we sign a veteran SP for the 4th spot, I would like to see what either Jenkins, Newcomb, or Blair can do....we saw Perez/ManBan/Folty last year
    Jenkins/Newcomb/Blair won't start in Atl next season.. one, no need to start their clock this season... two, they will benefit more from AAA next year... and three, Folty/ManBan/Perez/Weber need to define their roles and/or build value.. there is a great chance that 3 of those four I just mentioned to be with another organization next year.