Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves sniffing around on Yelich, Realmuto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    unrealistic to think that gets you Yelich...i think at a minimum you would need to replace Allard and Anderson with Soroka and Wright...and even that probably won't do it
    Then that's a serious hard pass.
    Ivermectin Man

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (01-09-2018), buck75 (01-11-2018), JohnAdcox (01-10-2018), jpx7 (01-16-2018), Oklahomahawk (01-10-2018), UNCBlue012 (01-10-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I would do that deal. I think that's the kind of deal we'll do next off-season. Pitching for someone to play left.
    I'm in the camp that believes Julio bounces back (at least to a certain extent), but if Milwaukee doesn't decide to spend big on one of the four big free-agent arms and they would value Teheran as a 2 win Pitcher isn't this the time to deal him rather than taking the chance he has another bad season?

If they're seriously in on Cain and are willing to move a young OF, does Julio net you Santana and allow them to create a spot for Brinson in RF?

I obviously don't consult the be-all, end-all charts that some do, but given their wealth of OFs that type of deal from a traditional baseball standpoint would make lots of sense to us old-timers.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I'm in the camp that believes Julio bounces back (at least to a certain extent), but if Milwaukee doesn't decide to spend big on one of the four big free-agent arms and they would value Teheran as a 2 win Pitcher isn't this the time to deal him rather than taking the chance he has another bad season?

If they're seriously in on Cain and are willing to move a young OF, does Julio net you Santana and allow them to create a spot for Brinson in RF?

I obviously don't consult the be-all, end-all charts that some do, but given their wealth of OFs that type of deal from a traditional baseball standpoint would make lots of sense to us old-timers.
    We've been saying for months now that the Brewers make sense as a trade partner due to their extra OFers.

We've been saying for weeks now that Teheran to the Brewers for a young OFer makes sense if they miss out on the top 4 FAs.

Harry has probably listed a dozen trades centered around Teheran to the Brewers for an OFer.

I'm sure you think you came up with this idea though...

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    unrealistic to think that gets you Yelich...i think at a minimum you would need to replace Allard and Anderson with Soroka and Wright...and even that probably won't do it
    Valid
    But I was listing that bc it came from a non braves based site. It might not be as expensive as we think.
    And I think most non braves fans view allard as better than soroka.

What happens if yelich demands a deal?

I think Florida needs guys to play now. I think they need replacements for these guys. And I think they need some prospect capital.
    I’m not doing the future calc from my phone but maybe Le
    Pache as new yelich
    Jackson as new realmuto
    Riley for rh power
    Allard for first rounder and left handed
    Anderson for first rounder and rh
    Rio for this year
    Simms for this year and first rounder

First rounder matters for winning the press conference

That deal sets us up to have long term answers most places. You can move Tehran and flowers to replace depth.

The farm system would not be barren.

I’d obviously prefer to use pitchers over Pache or Riley but I think they’d need those guys

Frazier at 3b makes that team interesting

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    If the Braves can get Yelich without giving up anyone slated to contribute at the MLB level in 2018, then sign Frazier, that’s a legit .500 team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Frazier has power but I'm not interested in Frazier given the likely cost and that he is about to turn 32 before the season starts. He only hit .213 last year and has put up less than an .800 OPS in four of his last 5 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Then that's a serious hard pass.
    I'd try to sell the Marlins on lefty Sean Newcomb and include someone like Anderson and leave out Soroka and Wright. I'd trade Newcomb and Folty together before I would give Gohara, Soroka or Wright. I also value Allard's potential over Newcomb and Folty too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Braves1976 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (01-09-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    If we would have to give up that much for Yelich, what would we have to give up for a real star (which he is not yet). I like The guy, but dang that’s a lot to give up.

Couldn’t we trade Julio and get a solid MLB outfielder without giving up that much??

I get it...I’d love to have him. This just doesn’t seem like the proper use of resources. We have Nick...he’s average, but he’s ok for this year. We can sign whoever next year and you never know who will be available down the road.

I feel like the Marlins have put themselves in a corner in a way that they HAVE to get a absolute haul. We should not drink the koolaid.

Mallex netted us Gohara. That was a amazing example of how to use our resources. Granted that was an exception, not the rule. Man you put the above trade down like this:

Braves receive: Yelich

Marlins receive:
    The Braves next FOUR 1st round picks
    The Braves next 2nd round pick
    The Braves top international signing

Sound crazy? ...that’s exactly what we would be giving them and it is waaay too much. Those four 1st rounders aren’t back end either...2 top 10’s and 2 top 15’s!!
    Last edited by TheBravos; 01-09-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    The Gohara trade was helped by Seattle having concerns about him. They tried to trade him to Cincy previously but Cincy said no over his medicals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    If the Braves can get Yelich without giving up anyone slated to contribute at the MLB level in 2018, then sign Frazier, that’s a legit .500 team.
    Probably better bc the marlins might be historically bad and we play them 19 times

That is why you have to look hard at this.

But you don’t go crazy

If the nats offer Robles it will be interesting to see if the marlins play ever the blue chipper and some throw ins or a bunch of potential top 100 guys but no top ten guy.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    The Gohara trade was helped by Seattle having concerns about him. They tried to trade him to Cincy previously but Cincy said no over his medicals.
    Like I said...it’s the exception, but yet it DID happen. AA is that type of guy to take a chance. I don’t see him going all in on Yelich (unless he felt we were that one player away). I see him making a trade (like the Jackson trade), to chance finding a diamond in the rough and then signing someone if it falls thru.

The Yelich trade is not going to be a good deal. The Marlins don’t really want to trade him and whoever gets him will likely pay thru the nose.

In saying that...there will be some good trade deals out there (without making as big of a splash). I want a Fred McGriff type trade.2019 is the year for that. We can absorb some payroll and get a good player with less prospects.

That doesn’t mean we stil couldn’t swoop in and make a last second deal if the price lowers, but with all the penalties...we have to stretch the value of our farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I still think the nats get him. They go all in and use Robles to push to win with Harper and to keep Harper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I still think the nats get him. They go all in and use Robles to push to win with Harper and to keep Harper
    And they'll still fail to win any of worth in the playoffs. It's crazy how bad their personnel is.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    And they'll still fail to win any of worth in the playoffs. It's crazy how bad their personnel is.
    Wish we could trade for Robles but not sure we have anything they want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/1/1...atlanta-braves

Here’s a take on what it would take from us on a Marlins site. No thanks.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/1/1...atlanta-braves

Here’s a take on what it would take from us on a Marlins site. No thanks.

Did I miss the part where the article actually suggests a package? Looked like a breakdown of the Braves farm to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    It’s a breakdown but each breakdown suggested something. They said one of Gohara, Fried, or Wentz could be a secondary piece. Anybody who would think that Gohara would be a secondary piece is out of their mind. Like you said a trade is less likely after the Dodgers deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts
    Yelich’s agent says his relationship with marlins is beyond repair per espn ticker. Do these reports drive the price down on yelich?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Rotoworld- Christian Yelich's agent told Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com on Tuesday that his client's relationship with the Marlins is "irrevocably broken." Yelich expressed surprise and disappointment last month when the Marlins moved Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna, and now his trade request has become more of a trade demand. "The relationship between player and team is irretrievably broken," the agent, Joe Longo, said Tuesday. "It's soured. He's part of the old ownership regime. The new ownership regime needs to get new parts into this plan and move forward, and he needs to get on with his career where he's got a chance to win. The big issue is him winning and winning now." Yelich, 26, has drawn interest from the Nationals, Blue Jays, Giants, Phillies, Braves, and Rangers, but Miami's asking price is said to be sky high.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yelich’s agent says his relationship with marlins is beyond repair per espn ticker. Do these reports drive the price down on yelich?
    Yes it does.

It’s still a highest bidder situation, but a lower demand for sure.