Thread: Ozzie Albies thread

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Are you going to make up a fake quote for your sig haha?
    I think it should be a group activity, but I forgot how to change my signature.

"Everything is awesome" - Brain Snitker
    AKA International Bonus Pool Slot

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Are you going to make up a fake quote for your sig haha?
    be nice, man.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    I was told by Gov that I was wrong about Albies’ power. He bumped my thread on Albies FB rate just to try to call me out for being wrong. The laws of HR/FB rate and BABIP are absolute, no matter how much ignorant blabber Gov and the rest of the derptards spew out.

Then he got mad and made up a fake quote by me to put in his sig lol.
    Hey, if it makes you feel good to say that, it's fine. It's also false.

I said at least twice that I knew he couldn't continue to be successful with that batted ball profile, launch angle and exit velo.

Then I said it was fun while it lasted, that it sure was nice watching him shove it up your ass every night, which he did for six glorious weeks.

As we've both said, he'll need to adjust back.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    Hey, if it makes you feel good to say that, it's fine. It's also false.

I said at least twice that I knew he couldn't continue to be successful with that batted ball profile, launch angle and exit velo.

Then I said it was fun while it lasted, that it sure was nice watching him shove it up your ass every night, which he did for six glorious weeks.

As we've both said, he'll need to adjust back.
    You said I was too quick to judge his power potential.

Shall I go quote it?

I won’t make up quotes like you do. No wonder you couldn’t pass the bar and are stuck filing paper for real lawyers lol.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuarantano's Volunteers View Post
    I think it should be a group activity, but I forgot how to change my signature.

"Everything is awesome" - Brain Snitker
    “In the sempiternal antinomian battle between Descartes and Spinoza, I fall firmly in the camp of Kant, and choose sides only out of deference to human practicality. That side is, nevertheless and as ever, allied with Heraclitus and his radical disunity of ontos, if not also a radical dereliction of telos alongside.” — Nick Markakis
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

auyushu (06-09-2018), GovClintonTyree (06-10-2018), Jaw (06-11-2018), Managuarantano's Volunteers (06-10-2018), zbhargrove (06-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,519 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    “In the sempiternal antinomian battle between Descartes and Spinoza, I fall firmly in the camp of Kant, and choose sides only out of deference to human practicality. That side is, nevertheless and as ever, allied with Heraclitus and his radical disunity of ontos, if not also a radical dereliction of telos alongside.” — Nick Markakis

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Carp (06-09-2018)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Yea, Neck defs could’ve phrased that final clause better; but he’s a pro baseball player and amateur continental philosopher, not vice versa.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (06-11-2018)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    He needs to get optioned out to Gwinnett July 15th if he doesn't make ANY move at all to adjust to up in the zone.

Little over a month to make the adjustment. Do it or go down and have some sense knocked into your head.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    SHUT. THE. ****. UP.
    No. If he doesn't adjust to up he really needs to get optioned down. I'm not kidding. Sometimes coaching doesn't fix anything, so if he's below .240, just like with Dansby last year, to Gwinnett, you go in July.

And that's where it's heading if Snit doesn't bench him at all.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    No. If he doesn't adjust to up he really needs to get optioned down. I'm not kidding. Sometimes coaching doesn't fix anything, so if he's below .240, just like with Dansby last year, to Gwinnett, you go in July.

And that's where it's heading if Snit doesn't bench him at all.
    Ozzie isnt going down to Gwinnett, jesus christ you're dumb if you're a girl.

Kitchen maybe?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Ozzie isnt going down to Gwinnett, jesus christ you're dumb if you're a girl.

Kitchen maybe?
    Oh he's going to. Because he's batting .150 or worse for the month of June and then not much better in July. Bookmark it.

It's 2017 Dansby part two. Yes, Albies will be in AAA by mid July.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Oh he's going to. Because he's batting .150 or worse for the month of June and then not much better in July. Bookmark it.

You've really dug in on this.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    GeorgiaGirl

Let me make this clear. You are becoming the worst posters on this board because your hatred of players, we don't like that. I understand how you feel I do, but this is not the way to do it.

So let me be your mediator. Albies needs a day or two or three to just sit and make him understand he is not helping on offense but tell him at least your defense is elite, but we need a bat right now as we have been having issues and you are the problem like others.

But you want to demote him, have him spend time in the minors. YOU DON'T POST THINGS LIKE THAT if you want to survive here. That is why you receive grief from here. You are 22 years old, you didn't know, we, of this board have been here 12 to 15 (me) years seen a lot of whippersnappers like you come and go. Since I am probably one of the most senior here (2003), I just want you to know, think before you post, get your point across without people jumping on you and then they will respect your posts and not shame you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    I don't have any hatred of any players.

I can just call it like it is. I have spidey senses on a player's slump, and I know here, I'm 100% sure, that Albies is not going to just revive himself if the choice of do nothing is continued. It's going to be like early season Dansby last year in June without the errors on defense, where a guy just looks thoroughly and hopelessly lost and it continues for at least a month, if not even longer.

And there's no come out of it and mash that is coming either.

I'm used to the cr*pping all over too. People HATED me for saying that Dansby was going to be one of the biggest busts of the season last year after a couple weeks, turns out I was right. So I'm not leaving unless I get banned, I'll allow myself to get cr*pped all over and I'll step up and say so if I'm wrong if there is a come out of it and mash that comes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts

I can just call it like it is. I have spidey senses on a player's slump, and I know here, I'm 100% sure, that Albies is not going to just revive himself if the choice of do nothing is continued. It's going to be like early season Dansby last year in June without the errors on defense, where a guy just looks thoroughly and hopelessly lost and it continues for at least a month, if not even longer.

I'm used to the cr*pping all over too. People HATED me for saying that Dansby was going to be one of the biggest busts of the season last year after a couple weeks, turns out I was right. So I'm not leaving unless I get banned, I'll allow myself to get cr*pped all over and I'll step up and say so if I'm wrong if there is a come out of it and mash that comes.
    dont let the pouterz and haterz get u down...for my money you are the best poster around here...bar none
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Managuarantano's Volunteers (06-10-2018), Super (06-11-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    All I want is some punctuation and grammar, please. It makes things much more readable.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

Jaw (06-11-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Or may be he's been extremely unlucky on ball in play and it'll even itself out before long??

Ozzie has flaws, but he'll be fine once the ball starts bouncing his way again.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Actually what you said was you thought the FO was giving up on him and you wouldn't be surprised to see him traded because they thought he was bust.

You were clearly wrong on that.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Actually what you said was you thought the FO was giving up on him and you wouldn't be surprised to see him traded because they thought he was bust.

You were clearly wrong on that.
    I was not "clearly wrong" because Coppy gate ousted that front office. It was pretty clear to me that John Hart thought Albies was a bust.

I'm talking about what I said at other places. I said Dansby was going to have a bust of a season about 3 weeks in, got killed for that, wala, I was right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    So we should trust your spider sense rather than a .103 babip when a lot of us have been watching baseball longer than you've been alive? I don't like Enscheff, but he at least makes his case with an admittedly unrivaled understanding of advanced metrics. I'm supposed to just take your word for it? No thanks, babygirl. Albies needs a day. That's it. A day. Inciarte and Swanson need one too, because they're human beings. But Albies is a long-term answer. There is no realistic scenario where he gets sent to AAA, especially while there's any hint of contention.