Page 815 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3157157658058138148158168178258659151315 ... LastLast
Results 16,281 to 16,300 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    The other big thing is that "this" has not been happening for years, and you keep trying to slide that idea through. ****ty, dehumanizing things HAVE been happening for years. But "this" is an extremely acute and entirely avoidable thing which the Trump government is choosing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Interesting pictures of holding areas with teenagers.
    Ever seen pictures of Ellis Island or
    Lower East Side NY turn of the century?

Wanna show some fucjked up **** to make your point that the government sucks?
    Find pics of living conditions on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation
    or even Japanese interment camps .

What is missing here?
    Toddlers separated from their families.

apple meet orange

http://revisionisthistory.com/episod...9;s-last-stand
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    ^

See what I mean Julio?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    ^

See what I mean Julio?
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ntral-america/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    ^

See what I mean Julio?
    Ann Coulter says they are child actors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Ann Coulter says they are child actors
    Oh... Well then nevermind I guess you were right all along

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    ^

See what I mean Julio?
    I mean, sure, whatever. I see what you mean. I just don't really see why some people think that the most constructive way to grapple with the issue is to find fault with how and when other people--people who are quite right on the moral calculus--choose to discuss it.

It's in the same category with ignoring blatant, corrosive racism while vocally finding fault with accusations of racism. It's pretty weak sauce overall.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (06-19-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I honestly don't have any problem with deporting illegals, but it should be done in a humane and decent way. I need to read up on why small children are being separated from their parents. If they're all illegal, deport them all together.

Trump and the GOP really want to remove the welcome mat from America's doorstep and deter immigration in general.

If they are allowing families to enter, then taking the kids and deporting the parents, that's kidnapping and despicable. I'm surprised there hasn't been more of an international outcry about this. Perhaps it's coming.
    Last edited by Runnin; 06-19-2018 at 01:23 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Ah, still towing a dumb line

Awesome

You have an interesting hang up for me asking why Che was so bad I. Your eyes

Much less that you think I love communism etc

Or that I wasn’t pissed about Obama killing American citizens without trial with drone strikes etc

But don’t let facts get in the way

Good stuff as always

Good to see you you land on the side of defending fascism again. Like usual. Lol
    Last edited by goldfly; 06-19-2018 at 01:15 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I honestly don't have any problem with deporting illegals, but it should be done in a humane and decent way. I need to read up on why small children are being separated from their parents. If they're all illegal, deport them all together.

Trump and the GOP really want to remove the welcome mat from America's doorstep and deter immigration in general.

If they are allowing families to enter, then taking the kids and deporting the parents, that's kidnapping and despicable. I'm surprised there hasn't been more of an international outcry about this. Perhaps it's coming.

I don't have a problem with deporting illegal immigrants either. What they are doing is trying to **** up the people trying to immigrate so badly that they will stop coming. Theybsont want to deport them and have them try again so they torture them and tell them it will be worse if they come back again. There was a loophole in that they weren't torturing the parents if they had kids because the kids had no one else to take care of them. They now changed the policy to everyone gets convicted and tortured.

So frankly they are announcing to the world of you bring your kids here we will rape and abuse them. I guarantee you sexual abuse is rampant in these facilities. Just a matter of time before we are "shocked" by these "unforseen consequences". Sexual abuse in foster care is staggeringly high, the people who do this do it to these kids because they know they can get away with it. That's why pedophiles and rapists go into law enforcement jobs.

It’s over."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I think one of the best things Trump has done is expose how ****ed up our government is. What's hilarious to me is the hysterical outrage the left throws a fit about every chance they get, when it's extremely easy to show this has been happening for years but they were just fine with it when it's their team. I saw a tweet this morning that summed it up nicely:

Mr. Brightside
    @MrBrigh21239717
    I feel like the left just sits in a room spinning a bingo cage wheel with problems that have been around for decades... they pull one out once a month, blame it on Trump, offer zero solutions, then act like they're saving the world because they're upset all of a sudden.

8:03 AM - Jun 18, 2018

Meanwhile, to address your point beyond the very vicious illegal immigration policy of Obama (that shockingly nobody cared about until Trump came in)

Of course these were taken in 2014... and I did a pretty decent search in the Obama thread and didn't find a single mention. I was pretty active on twitter then, too, and don't recall this being mentioned.

Commie boy already explained it away above by either not knowing about it or not caring about it.

Is it worse today? It certainly appears so. But the hysteria rings hallow knowing that this wasn't a concern 4 years ago... now it is of course.

And it is horrible, and I think it's shameful that Trump is using it to negotiate... but this is what happens when you keep giving the government more power. People like Obama and Trump thoroughly abuse it and push it further and further. Patriot Act was supposed to be temporary... now it's unpatriotic to not support it. You give an authoritarian government more and more power (a liberal position that is pushed from both parties), you get awful **** like this.

Of course... we're not allowed to try the unicorns, so I don't expect much to change
    Since you're back to bringing up stuff Obama did, could you enlighten those of us who aren't as twitter informed on the subject as you, if the child separation policy existed during the Obama years and how that was processed?

Hasn't the White House right now already admitted that the separation policy is indeed being done now as a deterrent to potential asylum seekers?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Oh... Well then nevermind I guess you were right all along
    Amendment V111

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Please note, ALL bail is not the issue nor ALL fines nor is ALL punishment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Susan Gross
    ‏ @pricklyeater
    4h4 hours ago

Visualize THIS IMAGE happening in DC.

THIS is what it looked like in S. Korea

for 5 months until prez was ousted.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-19-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Since you're back to bringing up stuff Obama did, could you enlighten those of us who aren't as twitter informed on the subject as you, if the child separation policy existed during the Obama years and how that was processed?

Hasn't the White House right now already admitted that the separation policy is indeed being done now as a deterrent to potential asylum seekers?
    It happened much less frequently, and wasn't part of a policy, but it did indeed happen.

And if it's as horrible as we all believe, we should likewise call Obama a monster even if it only happened once.

Regardless, the constant cries of Trump being a monster just don't mean as much when Goldy starts a thread about Obama who did the same thing saying how great he was and how much we'll miss him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    the violence in Catalonia will look tame compared to what police do if they try that. Trump is very highly supported by police. Trump was supported by 84% of working law enforcement who planned to vote according to policemag. You know Trump would tell them to go crack skulls to break up the crowd and these cops they don't see protestors as people. They see them as animals who got out of line.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/pat...tial-poll.aspx

Border patrol also highly supported Trump. So don't say this isn't the employees fault.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Man, if I got like a dollar for every time someone of the big 3 right wingers here out right make up a lie of my stance or what I said or mischaracterized my stance

I would be retired already. Lol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    i wonder why trump would lie about the crime in germany like he lied about the crime in many US cities.
    what could it be? is he simply mistaken? or blatantly lying to stoke racial fear?
    and why do certain people eat it up or not care that he blatantly lies about such things? can't be because they're racist as well, can it?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-19-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

don't you insult hard working law enforcement.

It’s over."