Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: GDT- 8-15-18- IT COMES FROM THE ISLAND OF GAUS... IT IS THE REVENGE OF THE GAUSMAN

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Well, I thought him going ape**** and yelling at Urethra and the umps like a redass maniac was actually a pretty solid move. I’m not exactly a lover of the old school, but I used to get annoyed when I perceived that Fredi wasn’t sticking up for his players.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (08-15-2018), gamecock4braves (08-15-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Well, I thought him going ape**** and yelling at Urethra and the umps like a redass maniac was actually a pretty solid move. I’m not exactly a lover of the old school, but I used to get annoyed when I perceived that Fredi wasn’t sticking up for his players.
    Did you copy and paste?

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,012 Posts
    Thought the Braves handled everything pretty well. We are in the middle of a pennant race and some bitch ass ain't worth the suspensions. His time will come. Loved the reaction from Snit. He still drives me crazy sometimes but I 100 percent understand why the players love him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Me too and good point about Fredi, though to be fair I believe even he would've responded here. But maybe not get as mad as Snit. I think the only time Fredi got pretty mad that I recall was in the wild card game after Holbrook's infield fly call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Did you copy and paste?
    Trash minds think alike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    At least Urena is in the NL. He needs to bail out in his next AB against ATL.

Pedro Martinez would head-hunt and get away with it due to the DH in the AL.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I think the Umps were going to throw out Urena regardless of Snitkers' tirade. They went to committee and discussed the situation after mostly veryone went back to the dugouts and agreed to throw Urena out. Fredi being calm and talking to them about it would have accomplished the same thing.

But again this is why I laugh at this over exaggeration of masculinization of baseball. The manager has to have wild tirades and outbursts at umpires to get players to know he has their back? Fredi did get into some tirades with umps but he wasn't always as animated. I've seen Bobby get thrown out for calmly disputing calls then throw tirades after he was thrown out.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    That’s awesome.

They interviewed Urena on Braves Live, and he was in full denial mode. “Why would I wait 5 days to throw just one pitch?” was the line he kept going back to.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Fredi snapped on Holbrook during the wild card game and didnt get ejected. If he Snitker did the same thing in that wild card game it wouldn't have gotten Holbrook or the crew to reverse the infield fly.
    Forever Fredi

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    I would not be surprised if the Marlins sent Urena down to AAA for two weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    I think the Umps were going to throw out Urena regardless of Snitkers' tirade. They went to committee and discussed the situation after mostly veryone went back to the dugouts and agreed to throw Urena out. Fredi being calm and talking to them about it would have accomplished the same thing.

But again this is why I laugh at this over exaggeration of masculinization of baseball. The manager has to have wild tirades and outbursts at umpires to get players to know he has their back? Fredi did get into some tirades with umps but he wasn't always as animated. I've seen Bobby get thrown out for calmly disputing calls then throw tirades after he was thrown out.
    Bobby threw tirades all the time and tried intentionally to get thrown out. Why? To protect his players and sometimes even fire them up. I don’t think it’s really a fool proof way to accomplish anything, and fairly overrated in its effect, but it is a part of the game.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Don Mattingly's comments were pretty damning to his own player. I'm not sure I've seen a manager throw a pitcher under the bus like that in this kind of situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts

Fredi was in that scuffle. He’s probably the one who calmly talked the umpires into ejecting Urena. Amirite?

He’s the manager that keeps on...umm...managing.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    That’s awesome.

They interviewed Urena on Braves Live, and he was in full denial mode. “Why would I wait 5 days to throw just one pitch?” was the line he kept going back to.
    Pretty sure I heard him use that as the basis for victimhood status. It is unfair to him that he only got to throw one pitch. Unreal comment.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Fredi was in that scuffle. He’s probably the one who calmly talked the umpires into ejecting Urena. Amirite?

He’s the manager that keeps on...umm...managing.
    You brought Fredi into this.

My original question was How does snitker think he was protecting "his kid"? What did he do other than do what he was supposed to do which was complain to the umps about a clearly dirty play? The bar for Snitker is so low that now we're giving him extra credit points for doing exactly what he was supposed to do in that situation? Lol.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts

My original question was How does snitker think he was protecting "his kid"? What did he do other than do what he was supposed to do which was complain to the umps about a clearly dirty play? The bar for Snitker is so low that now we're giving him extra credit points for doing exactly what he was supposed to do in that situation? Lol.
    They clearly were not prepared to throw Urena out until Snitker forced the issue.

There’s a reason players love playing for Snitker, a manager taking up for his players like that is purely a mental thing. It means a lot. I certainly don’t believe you have to do that to be a good manager though, nor do I think Snitker is a particularly good manager. But, I see no qualms in appreciating what he did tonight.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-16-2018), jpx7 (08-16-2018)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

I think the credit being giving to Snitker is that he was going at Urena. I can't recall a HBP where the manager went so hard after the pitcher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    X-rays on Acuna negative. Awaiting CT results.

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Why wouldn’t they know ct scan results now