Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin Amash

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I disagree with Amash quite often, but I find it really hard to question the dude's commitment to fairly looking at every bill and deciding on them based on constitutionality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Dude makes $174,000 to look at and decide the constitutionality.
    It's his job
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Dude makes $174,000 to look at and decide the constitutionality.
    It's his job
    LOL your hatred from his cute... despite y'all probably agreeing more than most Republicans.

But good for him for actually doing his job unlike 98% of the rest of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But good for him for actually doing his job unlike 98% of the rest of them
    yes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    go on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Well it is highly disappointing that the only thing Trump can be bipartisan on is spending more money we don't have. I for one root for a government "shut down". They don't actually shut down they just cut down to only what they consider essential. That's how it was supposed to be in the first place.

I remember when they used to threaten that police won't be able to function if the government shuts down. With all the shot happening today they don't dare make that claim or government shut down would rise in popularity.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "spending more money we don't have" ? ?

what does that mean -- will you be turning down street repairs and infrastructure repairs included in "spending what we don't have"
    should government money ( including that which is payed for by people in New Hampshire or Maine ) go toward cleaning up the chemical mess left in your neighborhood .
    Policy based Austerity has been a disaster

reading down the comments on the twitter feed one suggests increasing revenue
    novel idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    "spending more money we don't have" ? ?

what does that mean -- will you be turning down street repairs and infrastructure repairs included in "spending what we don't have"
    should government money ( including that which is payed for by people in New Hampshire or Maine ) go toward cleaning up the chemical mess left in your neighborhood .
    Policy based Austerity has been a disaster

reading down the comments on the twitter feed one suggests increasing revenue
    novel idea
    Yes I would turn it down if I could and no one in Maine should pay for our repairs just as no one in Maine has any right to vote away my basic human rights. Now I will personally take FEMA money and I will quote what I told the judge the first time I was arrested for an unpaid traffic ticket.

"I have worked full time my entire life, I have lived on my own since I was 17 and I have never taken a dine of government money and never will. Right now I work 2 jobs to make my ends meet instead of working 1 job and collecting food stamps , welfare, or any other government aide. I paid my damm taxes. You already have my money. If you want money get a job like everyone else. If you want my money come so my damn job and earn it. I work as a delivery driver in am area where I can't go 10 minutes without seeing a cop car. Excuse me if in he course of my 40 hours on the road a week I go 8 miles over the speed limit or commit a minor traffic violation. It is literally impossible to drive legally. If a cop wants to give someone a ticket they only need to follow them for 5 minutes to find something. You know that, any cop that patrols knows that's true. There are about 10 schools in the area where I live so there are constantly changing speed limits. Just because I make a minor traffic violation does not make my money your money. You are stealing from me and worse yet you have thugs use violence to extract that money from me. What happened to violence is never the answer. Apparently it is the answer when the question is how do I make honest hard working Americans pay me money I arbitrarily decided they owe me. This is nothing more than a scam. If I challenge it it is my word vs a cops word and we both know you will take the officers word every single time thus I am burdened to prove my innocence rather than the state prove my guilt. I can provide you any number of cases where police officers have been caught lying about traffic violations and you will ignore it. It wasn't but months ago an HPD officer blew his brains out after facing felony charges for falsifying reports in traffic cases to get more overtime. No matter how many officers are shown to be liars you will still take a cops word as gospel because of cops aren't considered paragons of virtue by the courts and they lose the benefit of the doubt you magically assigned to them then your ability to steal from people falls apart.

You and I both know this is a scam and you only care about collecting money. You proved me wrong about one thing though. I should take any and every opportunity to get free money from the government because now I know you will take any and every opportunity to take my money. So you will get 300 dollars today but I will get my money back 100 fold eventually."

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you are in effect "troubled" :)

Maine wants to help. Montanans want to help. Oregonians want to help I'm sorry but I don't agree with the notion that we ( United States) pool our money together via taxation as "stealing"
    That is stupid Koch Brothers/ Rush Limbaugh logic to politically rile up the base. Nothing more -- nothing less.

Marco Rubio has already asked for relief for Hurricane Irma.
    He voted against it for Sandy

Be thankful you live in a place where we share hardships. I am more than happy that my tax dollars go to helping clean the toxic mess your area has become.
    Perhaps one day your taxation will repay the favor. Perhaps not ------ doesn't change my attitude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Justin Amash is proving to be a one step up two steps back kinda guy.

For everything he says that is worthwhile he does or says 2 things that are for lack of a better word, deplorable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    So he said the government should not take money from future generations, and disagrees with the notion of eliminating the debt ceiling...

And this is a bad thing?
    Last edited by sturg33; 09-08-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    you are in effect "troubled" :)

Maine wants to help. Montanans want to help. Oregonians want to help I'm sorry but I don't agree with the notion that we ( United States) pool our money together via taxation as "stealing"
    That is stupid Koch Brothers/ Rush Limbaugh logic to politically rile up the base. Nothing more -- nothing less.

Marco Rubio has already asked for relief for Hurricane Irma.
    He voted against it for Sandy

Be thankful you live in a place where we share hardships. I am more than happy that my tax dollars go to helping clean the toxic mess your area has become.
    Perhaps one day your taxation will repay the favor. Perhaps not ------ doesn't change my attitude

I don't have a problem helping people in need. I have a problem being forcesd to give my money to inefficient bureaucrats to throw money at the problem. I don't know what you consider using the threat of violence and incarceration to make someone give up their money but I call it theft. Not any different than going around with a gun robbing people and calling it tax collection.

The thing is you have already paid to help people in Texas. The government just prioritized other things. Last year we sent 35 billion to other countries. We spent 10 times more rebuilding Iraq than we will rebuilding Texas. Giving more money yo the government to fix a problem is like fixing a crackhead problems by giving him more crack.

Would it change how you feel if you knew Texas has a 10. Billion dollar rainy day fund that they are refusing to use for hurricane relief?

It’s over."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (09-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Also about taxes, when I have the right to do whatever the **** I want in the privacy of my home I will agree to paying taxes. Right now my tax money is used to bomb the middle East and fund people's whose job it is to put me in a cage. All I want in exchange for my tax money is to be left the **** alone. Is that really too much to ask? Forcing me to pay for the assholes trying to harm me is not in any way consensual.

It’s over."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (09-08-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I don't have a problem helping people in need. I have a problem being forcesd to give my money to inefficient bureaucrats to throw money at the problem. I don't know what you consider using the threat of violence and incarceration to make someone give up their money but I call it theft. Not any different than going around with a gun robbing people and calling it tax collection.

The thing is you have already paid to help people in Texas. The government just prioritized other things. Last year we sent 35 billion to other countries. We spent 10 times more rebuilding Iraq than we will rebuilding Texas. Giving more money yo the government to fix a problem is like fixing a crackhead problems by giving him more crack.

Would it change how you feel if you knew Texas has a 10. Billion dollar rainy day fund that they are refusing to use for hurricane relief?
    I knew of it and know they don't feel compelled to use it -- government interference or some such non sense
    How does that saying go, people get the government they deserve

They are saving that $10B in case Obama wants to invade.
    Texas politics are now and have always been other worldly.
    I just started the 4th Robert Caro book on LBJ. The stories on the rise of LBJ in Texas politics are to say the least informative of Texas politics.
    Why is NASA in Houston ?

Look at how much money flows through Houston --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So he said the government should not take money from future generations, and disagrees with the notion of eliminating the debt ceiling...

And this is a bad thing?
    No, just sophomoric.
    Things don't change from the outside in or from the top down.

You seem to politically align yourself with outside inners and top downers.
    Then don't understand why things happen the way they do .

Why doesn't Amash run to replace Ryan ?
    or Whip or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    No, just sophomoric.
    Things don't change from the outside in or from the top down.

You seem to politically align yourself with outside inners and top downers.
    Then don't understand why things happen the way they do .

Why doesn't Amash run to replace Ryan ?
    or Whip or something
    Honestly, what are you talking about?

You view any voice in congress suggesting we should stop billing our grandkids for our wants today as sophomoric?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    we are not billing our grandchildren.
    That is a political ruse

What we are doing ?
    We are giving tax breaks to people and corporations that really don't need tax breaks . I don't understand why you keep defending those people.

We are the richest nation in the history of the world,, where is the money ?

and why doesn't Amash get on the leadership track?
    He then would have a seat at the table and could get his concerns addressed.

My thoughts ? then he would have to put his name on things instead of just talk , subsequently vote the opposite of his talk then meely mouth his way out the door
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-08-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Tell me how "we are giving tax breaks to people"

You act as if the government owns the money to start with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    then be a leader and have an alternative. He has been in Congress how long ?
    Right now he is nothing more than another guy that likes the sound of his own voice

this:

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...harvey-package