Page 49 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline ROSTERBATION

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    But didn't His Highness tell us that they must be watching Moose (even though he's a rental that AA said he's not looking for) in that game?
    I wonder what His Derpness thinks it would take to get Castellanos?

Think the Braves could get him for Albies? Or are they saving Albies to make a run at Dee Gordon as you suggested before?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    That's already been posted. You're just padding your post count now and wasting bandwith. It's people like you that cause our subscription fees to keep rising.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-24-2018), Tapate50 (07-24-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    How was Castellanos' defense as a 3B?

Pretty bad. Maybe not as bad as his OF defense.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Pretty bad. Maybe not as bad as his OF defense.
    Both positions are atrocious defensively. Plus Castellanos doesn't make a ton of sense at the plate given he hits lefties WAY better than he hits righties. I'm not sure what the idea behind bringing him on board would be.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Adam Conley is a name I've heard that I'd like to see in the pen.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Both positions are atrocious defensively. Plus Castellanos doesn't make a ton of sense at the plate given he hits lefties WAY better than he hits righties. I'm not sure what the idea behind bringing him on board would be.

He's a lot better hitter than Camargo. He wears out left handed pitching. At the very least he makes the bench better. Those are the reasons you might want him. maybe you are looking at flipping him in the winter.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    He's a lot better hitter than Camargo. He wears out left handed pitching. At the very least he makes the bench better. Those are the reasons you might want him. maybe you are looking at flipping him in the winter.
    Against righties he has a .763 OPS right now. He isn't that much better against righties. The difference is that he absolutely murders left handed pitching and plays insanely awful defense. Does he make the bench better? Yeah definitely. But he doesn't really solve the proposed problem that we have which is finding someone to hit righties. I wouldn't want him starting anywhere for us defensively, and it seems like the reason you would acquire him is to start him at 3rd. It seems like acquiring a platoon guy for righties that doesn't play terrible defense would be the move that helped our team much more and could probably be had for less.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    It could be that we were just gauging the cost. If it's low enough compared to the price of other players then it starts to make a little more sense.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Against righties he has a .763 OPS right now. He isn't that much better against righties. The difference is that he absolutely murders left handed pitching and plays insanely awful defense. Does he make the bench better? Yeah definitely. But he doesn't really solve the proposed problem that we have which is finding someone to hit righties. I wouldn't want him starting anywhere for us defensively, and it seems like the reason you would acquire him is to start him at 3rd. It seems like acquiring a platoon guy for righties that doesn't play terrible defense would be the move that helped our team much more and could probably be had for less.
    First, I'm not selling him as anything other than interesting. The Braves are the ones apparently scouting him.

Second, I think Castellanos is a good hitter who can improve the Braves depth and bench. Whether or not he starts at any particular position, I don't know. Clearly his defense is not good. But it needs to be noted he's better vs LHP and RHP than Camargo with the bat. His defense seems to suck. I haven't spent any great time watching him play but the numbers sure seem to show that.

Third, I don't particularly believe in Camargo. He played clearly above his head in Mar/April. Since then he's been a 108 wRC+ whose walk rate is regressing to his norm. That said, I'm not sure it will make sense to upgrade Camargo this trade season. It should definitely be on the agenda this offseason. Depending on where some of the 3B pieces fall, Atlanta may well be in a position to do just that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    First, I'm not selling him as anything other than interesting. The Braves are the ones apparently scouting him.

Second, I think Castellanos is a good hitter who can improve the Braves depth and bench. Whether or not he starts at any particular position, I don't know. Clearly his defense is not good. But it needs to be noted he's better vs LHP and RHP than Camargo with the bat. His defense seems to suck. I haven't spent any great time watching him play but the numbers sure seem to show that.

Third, I don't particularly believe in Camargo. He played clearly above his head in Mar/April. Since then he's been a 108 wRC+ whose walk rate is regressing to his norm. That said, I'm not sure it will make sense to upgrade Camargo this trade season. It should definitely be on the agenda this offseason. Depending on where some of the 3B pieces fall, Atlanta may well be in a position to do just that.
    The time period he was hitting about .200 and hurt?
    Ivermectin Man

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Camargo only had 19 PA in Mar/April.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-24-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    i think it's more likely camargo and castellanos end up similar hitters this year than castellanos continues to hit at this level.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    Camargo only had 19 PA in Mar/April.
    It was a glorious 19 PA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    It was a glorious 19 PA.
    He hit like .200 for the first 2 months after rehab.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    He hit like .200 for the first 2 months after rehab.
    No he hit well in those 19 ABs...he did struggle a lot in May, but still kept his OPS okay because he walked a ton in May.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

Southcack77 (07-24-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Solarte or Yandy Diaz would be nice. Especially since Solarte would be controllable next season. Diaz just keeps getting yo yo'd by Cle. I get it, but dang he feels like he should be sticking in MLB.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    No he hit well in those 19 ABs...he did struggle a lot in May, but still kept his OPS okay because he walked a ton in May.
    Got about 500 ABs worth of info on Camargo... OPS in 17 and 18 is\was right around 780. Just saying.

And I'm still one of the few here that think he can play a decent SS for us in the event of injuries too. Pretty valuable cat!
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Got about 500 ABs worth of info on Camargo... OPS in 17 and 18 is\was right around 780. Just saying.

And I'm still one of the few here that think he can play a decent SS for us in the event of injuries too. Pretty valuable cat!
    Yeah...I'm okay with Camargo on the left side of the infield too. It would be nice to add someone just to improve the bench, but I have no idea who that could be.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts

Excellent utility guy. A bench anchored by Culberson and Camargo is pretty versatile.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Southcack77 (07-24-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Agree with encheff, he’s an excellent utility guy on a contending team. With Riley being hurt some we may not have enough AAA info on him by the end of the season to hand him 3b next year and with Soroka having a hurt shoulder who knows what that outcome will be so we could end up needing another good starter too.