Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1885

Thread: Political Correctness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I’m not sure I follow. I can see why you can’t call veggie protein “beef,” but I don’t see why you can’t call it a burger. It seems to get to some abstruse metaphysical pondering about what a burger or a hot dog is. I mean, a hot dog isn’t a dog, is it? The example you’re using is not a good analogy, as it’s making an unsubstantiated claim about health benefits, which is clearly a no-no.

I’d also think this was a pretty clear call from a libertarian perspective, and it’s obviously speech policing—and, unlike almost everything else in this thread, it’s being done by the government.
    Want to disagree with you but the logic is too strong.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    I’m not sure I follow. I can see why you can’t call veggie protein “beef,” but I don’t see why you can’t call it a burger. It seems to get to some abstruse metaphysical pondering about what a burger or a hot dog is. I mean, a hot dog isn’t a dog, is it? The example you’re using is not a good analogy, as it’s making an unsubstantiated claim about health benefits, which is clearly a no-no.

I’d also think this was a pretty clear call from a libertarian perspective, and it’s obviously speech policing—and, unlike almost everything else in this thread, it’s being done by the government.
    You are right and the example infused is. Ot a good comp.

As I said, I dont support the government regulating this stuff as its up to the consumer to be informed about what they eating, in my opinion.

But yes, this is speech policing and not good. Sets a bad precedent and could lead to other states doing something similar.

I am glad that there is still some speech policing that will get goldy riled up though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Apparently the festival scrapped the pricing structure and is instead encouraging white customers to make donations in excess of the ticket price. Of course rather than just admit they were wrong, the organizers are saying they’re changing the policy in response of threats from white supremacists. One biracial performer pulled out of the event over the absurdity of it all, so at least there was one voice of reason...
    I'm not sure why this is different than the Colorado baker... but I should not be surprised there isn't any outrage from the left on this board about this racism.

I saw a few other stories of businesses who charged a "man tax" and a "white privilege " tax.

Luckily they closed down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    This is pretty much exactly what you do.
    I went back and checked my last 10 posts of new content in this thread...

1. Festival charging white people more money to enter

2. Nike pulling Betsy Ross flag over liberal outrage

3. Girl bragging about her gay money going to chick films a (just laughing at that stupidity)

4. NBA teams not using the word "owner" anymore

5. Amazon auto search filling in PC search terms rather than pans

6. A bunch of outlets celebrating children being at weirdly sexual events

7. A school district deciding boys can now play in girls sports

8. Yet another person suing the Colorado baker

9. Researchers studying the oppression of dodgeball

10. A publicly posted sign in Oregon saying it's not ok to date white people

Curious which of those compares to the non-outrage of mermaid Balley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Nobody can live up to the new standards of the left

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Feminism is so effective that they have let men dominate women's sports now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Why this is ok with anyone is insanity to me.

Once again, a method to police speech.

And this is the part where people say "stuff whining"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Why this is ok with anyone is insanity to me.

Once again, a method to police speech.

And this is the part where people say "stuff whining"
    If you go against the orthodoxy you arent allowed to have equal opprortunity in society. This is true fascism and everyone is too inflicted with TDS to see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If you go against the orthodoxy you arent allowed to have equal opprortunity in society. This is true fascism and everyone is too inflicted with TDS to see it.
    I'm trying to imagine someone for being stripped of their crown because of their race.

And of course that would be proof of facism of literal hitler.

But the other way around? Not only silence, but in most cases, support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    If Trump supporters cared about freedom and equality I might actually give a **** that she is stripped of her crown.

The ironic thing here is that if she went on Twitter and said anything bad about Trump and he heard about it he would have demanded she be stripped of the crown. It's happened atleast a thousand times with people who say anything but complementary things about him. Please ask me for examples.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If Trump supporters cared about freedom and equality I might actually give a **** that she is stripped of her crown.

The ironic thing here is that if she went on Twitter and said anything bad about Trump and he heard about it he would have demanded she be stripped of the crown. It's happened atleast a thousand times with people who say anything but complementary things about him. Please ask me for examples.
    Do you have any examples of things like this, where someone lost their award bc of their opposition to Trump?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Its cute that you want to try the narrowest terms. I submit Penn Teller on celebrity apprentice who won Celebrity Apprentice which was then changed because Trump required the winner to endorse him for President.

edit - almost forgot the part where Trump tweets that Penn owes his whole career to being on Celebrity Apprentice.

It’s over."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Do you have any examples of things like this, where someone lost their award bc of their opposition to Trump?
    He knows of at least a thousand examples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    You doubt I can find a ****load of tweets from Trump suggesting adverse actions against people who dont say good things about him?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    You asked me to ask you for examples.

Trump dancing around on Twitter is nothing.

Where is the person who lost their status bc they were against a Democrat?

I'm happy to assess since you have so many examples

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    You asked for an example of someone losing an award because of their opposition to Trump. I gave you an exact example of someone losing an award solely based on him not being willing to endorse Trump for President.

I looked into the link posted about the girl supposedly losing her crown for supporting Trump but I cant seem to find one mention of Trump or her support anywhere in that link. They do have a policy requiring the winner "being of good character and whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute Miss World America or any person associated with the organisation". I think its pretty clear from her post about blacks killing blacks that she is not of good character and that she will use the platform to advance racist propoganda. How can statistics be racist you ask? I could write a book at this point about dishonest debate and its a common tactic people use against marijuana. For example, if something bad increased 51% you dont say 51% you say "over 50%". You arent lying but it makes a person assume far more than 51%. In this womans case she is conveniently leaving out that the majority of white people are killed by white people. That context is intentionally left out because thats how propaganda works.

Almost everything Trump does is about rewarding loyalty to him or attacking anyone and everything that doesnt kiss the ring. If you cant acknowledge that then there is no point talking about it further.

edit - let me break down my post for you

"The ironic thing here is that if she went on Twitter and said anything bad about Trump and he heard about it he would have demanded she be stripped of the crown."

I can provide you with a lot of examples of Trump saying people shouldnt be in a position or shouldnt be given a platform for the sole reason that they say something he doesnt like. You asked for a example using a scope so narrow it doesnt even fit the beauty queen situation this was all about in the first place because her support for Trump is never mentioned or even hinted at in all the communication she posted. Nevertheless I presented you with an example of Trump personally changing the winner of his own show because they would not endorse him for President.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-20-2019 at 02:27 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    This is absurd - Please lay off your medication.

There are many high profile examples of people losing awards/livelihood not because they support Trump. This isn't what that article is about. They are losing these things because they refuse to go along with the Liberal orthodoxy thought.

Question Islam's compatability with the West - You are evil.

Question why people have so much hate towards America - You are evil.

Question why we allow having a 20+ million illegal population in the country - You are evil.

Question why there is so much hate/racism towards white males - You are evil.

Question why we have to give more and more handouts to people when there are vast job opportunities out there - You are evil.

Question why we have to pay back debt stemming from bad choices of individuals - You are evil.

It goes on and on. These questions and feedback have been around for decades now but Trump has made everyone go crazy so all of these are now derivative of TDS.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    You asked for an example of someone losing an award because of their opposition to Trump. I gave you an exact example of someone losing an award solely based on him not being willing to endorse Trump for President.

I looked into the link posted about the girl supposedly losing her crown for supporting Trump but I cant seem to find one mention of Trump or her support anywhere in that link. They do have a policy requiring the winner "being of good character and whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute Miss World America or any person associated with the organisation". I think its pretty clear from her post about blacks killing blacks that she is not of good character and that she will use the platform to advance racist propoganda. How can statistics be racist you ask? I could write a book at this point about dishonest debate and its a common tactic people use against marijuana. For example, if something bad increased 51% you dont say 51% you say "over 50%". You arent lying but it makes a person assume far more than 51%. In this womans case she is conveniently leaving out that the majority of white people are killed by white people. That context is intentionally left out because thats how propaganda works.

Almost everything Trump does is about rewarding loyalty to him or attacking anyone and everything that doesnt kiss the ring. If you cant acknowledge that then there is no point talking about it further.

edit - let me break down my post for you

"The ironic thing here is that if she went on Twitter and said anything bad about Trump and he heard about it he would have demanded she be stripped of the crown."

I can provide you with a lot of examples of Trump saying people shouldnt be in a position or shouldnt be given a platform for the sole reason that they say something he doesnt like. You asked for a example using a scope so narrow it doesnt even fit the beauty queen situation this was all about in the first place because her support for Trump is never mentioned or even hinted at in all the communication she posted. Nevertheless I presented you with an example of Trump personally changing the winner of his own show because they would not endorse him for President.
    Trump having a personal animus against someone who has personally attacked him is =/= as institutions stripping people of their status due to their political beliefs.

This seems pretty obvious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Would you consider saying Bernie Sanders 15$ an hour minimum wage is crazy a personal attack because Trump does not differentiate political opinions from personal attacks. For example, a good friend of his Judge Andrew Napalitano who Trump attacked for simply giving his legal opinion. Trump wholeheartedly believes that anyone who does not bow before him should face serious consequences. That he is only sometimes able to follow through on those threats is not the point.

Its hard for me to fathom someone who believed in Ron Paul can be so blind to this ****. Maybe you should listen to Dr. Paul some more.

It’s over."