Page 274 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374774 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Cowboys could do well to tank. Cowboys have been 8-8 the last 3 years and are just getting older. Only positive is Dez and Murray are coming into their own. Problem is that the other guys they've relied so heavily on like Romo and Ware are more or less done. Maybe a few more years but that's it.

Cowboys must restructure or cut Ware that's the first step. They need to do it to get under the cap. Then at that point they have a choice. Personally I think they should give it a shot next year. Trot out the same team more or less and if it fails, then the following year you can cut guys like Romo, Austin, Free, and Witten and save some serious money at that point.
    They'll probably have to release Austin anyway, go with Terrence Williams opposite Dez, with Beasley in the slot.

And draft someone else for depth.

They're like 18-20+ over the cap i believe.

I would agree i'd give it another run next year though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    There's no way the Cowboys should trade guys like Dez and Romo this off-season. That would just be really stupid. Romo has at least 2 good years left. Dez is becoming dominant, if he's not already.
    They need to get healthy on defense (who knows if Sean Lee ever will be for a full year, really sucks) and draft DL and a good safety. It's tough because they can't rely on Lee. When he's in, he's great. Bruce Carter looks like a bust to me and should not be counted on as a starter. He can't cover anyone. Always getting burned and chasing guys. Hatcher will be gone after he emerged this year.

They need to draft a LB, too. I want them to take a QB around the 3rd or 4th, but they have so many defensive needs first. DL, safety, LB. I'm fine with Selvie at DE, he was impressive this year. But they need speed at LB. Having Lee is almost a detriment because you don't want to draft to replace him, but when he's out the defense is completely screwed. Ware is slowing down as well, and can't be counted on like before. I won't be surprised or upset if he's cut.

This draft needs to be defense heavy. Pretty much all defense. Maybe get a good FA in as well.
    It'd be nice to have Spencer back.
    They won't be terrible as long as Romo is there. Put a better defense out there, get a real coach, and this team can easily win the division next year.
    I'm not convinced Foles is that good still. I watch him every week and I think a lot is wide open for him, and McCoy makes his life 100x easier. But he makes a lot of questionable throws and definitely started to panic yesterday. His numbers just haven't reflected it yet. He's very far from 27 TDs and 2 INTs good. I think with more film on him/Kelly, his numbers will reflect his talent and play. Maybe I'm in denial, but I just don't see it. Kelly took care of him when he started to melt yesterday, and that was good by him. I believe he's a good coach. But I think teams will adjust a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    someone on a cowboys forum summed it up well:

"It starts with better coaching, we should have won the game by 10-14 pts with the defense that showed up tonight. 1st and 10...shot gun formation... ladies and gentleman your Cardiac Cowboys!.....It gets old losing the same exact way. It doesn't matter who the QB is, Garrett put Orton in the same position he puts Romo in all the time. Make one big mistake and you lose. The real choker is Jason Garrett and his puppet is Bill Callahan."

The problem with this team is the coaching. The scheme and decisions haven't worked for years.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Matt Ryan finished 4th in the NFL in DYAR, with Harry Douglas as his leading receiver.

What a bum.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Go Panthers!

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Matt Ryan finished 4th in the NFL in DYAR, with Harry Douglas as his leading receiver.

What a bum.
    9th in DVOA, which probably more accurately describes his season.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    You can't tank in football like you can in basketball. It just doesn't make sense.

How does it make sense to trade Dez for like a 2nd round pick? You just can't tank bc teams aren't willing to give up draft picks for established players very often; you never get value for them.

Unless its a dumb move like Galloway for 2 first rounders or whatever that trade was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Exactly. Its easy to rank higher in DYAR when your running game stinks and all you do is throw the ball.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Kaep again with a solid season after a rough stretch.

8th in DYAR
    7th in DVOA
    7th in QBR

I hope they can extend him without giving 100 million dollar deal to him. That would be huge.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts

What a bum.
    104 mil and same amount of wins as Mike Glennon!!!!! Lulz
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BRule For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (12-31-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Lulz.

Look at some of the guys above him.

Obviously some are legit better than him. But some either didn't play enough, or they didn't have to make the tough decisions Ryan had to make. So you think that Josh McCown and Nick Foles were better than Ryan? Or Rodgers had a better season despite missing several weeks? Your argument is basically saying we should weight baseball seasons on wRC+ and UZR/150 instead of WAR for who actually contributed more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Lulz.

Obviously some are legit better than him. But some either didn't play enough, or they didn't have to make the tough decisions Ryan had to make. So you think that Josh McCown and Nick Foles were better than Ryan? Or Rodgers had a better season despite missing several weeks? Your argument is basically saying we should weight baseball seasons on wRC+ and UZR/150 instead of WAR for who actually contributed more.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Foles, yes, even though i think he's in line for huge regression next year.

McCown didnt play enough.

Not sure Ryan was 4th best this year, probably somewhere in the Top 10 though.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    yeezus, you make a great point about Selvie. I liked how he played this year. He played well for the most part Sunday against Philly. Not sure he's made himself THE guy at one of the DE spots, but he made a case for it. Hopefully Ware's contract can be restructured. He definitely showed signs of slowing down this year.

It needs to be a defense heavy draft for Dallas. Particularly at DT, OLB, and S. I saw a mock earlier today that suggested C.J. Mosley to Dallas. Of course, being an Alabama fan, I'd love to see him a Cowboy for the sole reason that Dallas hardly picks players from Bama. Problem is C.J. played ILB in Alabama's 3-4 defense. Not sure if he'd be a fit in Dallas' 4-3. The mock listed him as an OLB, but he always played ILB at Alabama.

I still feel like Dallas has to address the future of quarterback at some point soon. Not in the first round to be sure. However, it needs to be looked at. Romo will be going into the start of next season coming off a rather significant back injury at 34 years old. If A.J. McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, or Aaron Murray are available, they need to be looked at. Mettenberger and Murray are recovering knee injuries, but have great arms (I do have a little concern if Mettenberger mentally can be a NFL QB). McCarron doesn't have the arm of those two (though guys like Joe Montana prove you don't have to necessarily have to have a rocket arm to be successful), but he is a winner and a leader. He's also a smart QB. He got the reputation as a "game manager" at Alabama. But when you think about, all QBs have to be a game manager.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    Yup I play the guitar. Why do you find us ax men irresistible?
    Yes. Yes I do.

I had a feeling you'd pick the Kaep picture. I bet it's hard to say no to that tatted up bod.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Clay Matthews ruled out for Sunday's game against the 49ers
    I'm pretty sure he's out for the season. It would've been nice to have him for the Niners game. He and Kaepernick have a little thing going on back and forth that would have been fun to watch.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Lulz.

Nick Foles had 27 td to 2 int. 3 more td and 15 less ints and played less than Ryan. You think Ryan played better than Foles? LOL.

QBR has Ryan 10th:

McCown
    Manning
    Rivers
    BRees
    Foles
    Rodgers
    Kaep
    Cutler
    Luck
    Ryan
    Brady
    Romo

Outside of McCown, who didn't play enough, you could say that list is pretty accurate, though certainly anyone would take Brady or Romo over Ryan.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Carlos Rogers not expected to play.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...d-to-play.html

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nocalgirl10 View Post
    Yes. Yes I do.

I had a feeling you'd pick the Kaep picture. I bet it's hard to say no to that tatted up bod.
    My heart is saying no, but my body's saying lets go.

Quote Originally Posted by nocalgirl10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's out for the season. It would've been nice to have him for the Niners game. He and Kaepernick have a little thing going on back and forth that would have been fun to watch.
    Poor Clay is out with a booboo to his thumb. Patrick Willis hurt his hand and they just put a cast on it that he used to club fools with. Ronnie Lott cut off the tip of his finger so he could go back out and play. What's Clay's excuse? He's a long haired diaper wearing hippie that gets an owee on his fingie and has to sit out the season.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    My heart is saying no, but my body's saying lets go.
    Sing it, girl.

Yeah yeah whatever. Our medical staff isn't gonna clear a guy when he's just had surgery. I guess they could cast it up again so he could go out there and club some uneducated fools but he's not nearly as effective so what's the point. He'd just be drawing flags anyway.