Page 275 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 22943

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Nick Foles had 27 td to 2 int. 3 more td and 15 less ints and played less than Ryan. You think Ryan played better than Foles? LOL.

QBR has Ryan 10th:

McCown
    Manning
    Rivers
    BRees
    Foles
    Rodgers
    Kaep
    Cutler
    Luck
    Ryan
    Brady
    Romo

Outside of McCown, who didn't play enough, you could say that list is pretty accurate, though certainly anyone would take Brady or Romo over Ryan.
    Holy crap, are you think king of selective statistics? Foles threw for about 2900 yards Ryan threw for 4500. If you want to say FOles was a better rate QB than I wouldn't disagree as that's what DVOA tracks, but Ryan was a better QB cause he was out there more often.

And LMAO if you think that Romo is better than Ryan, If this was 5 years ago Romo I'd agree, but he's old and he was not very good. Ryan was for sure better than most of those QBs. Rodgers missed a ton of time, if he was healthy he would have bested Ryan and Brady had a bad season. Assuming Rivers is Derping his way back to being a great QB and didn't just have a one year fluke derp. Ryan is one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL for sure, and fighting for a top 5 spot. If Rivers isn't back, then Ryan is the 5th best QB in the NFL. He's the leader of the second group of QBs. Ryan was able to post great numbers with Harry Douglas as his number 1. Only other great QB to do that with garbage that bad at WR is Brady.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No surprise but I would take Kaep over Ryan. His ceiling is still much higher.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Kaepernick may have a higher ceiling. That's fine. He's yet to do what Ryan has though. Off to a nice start to his career but when he's out of his rookie contract will be when the tests start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Kaepernick may have a higher ceiling. That's fine. He's yet to do what Ryan has though. Off to a nice start to his career but when he's out of his rookie contract will be when the tests start
    What exactly has Ryan done?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (12-31-2013), thethe (12-31-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    yeezus, you make a great point about Selvie. I liked how he played this year. He played well for the most part Sunday against Philly. Not sure he's made himself THE guy at one of the DE spots, but he made a case for it. Hopefully Ware's contract can be restructured. He definitely showed signs of slowing down this year.

It needs to be a defense heavy draft for Dallas. Particularly at DT, OLB, and S. I saw a mock earlier today that suggested C.J. Mosley to Dallas. Of course, being an Alabama fan, I'd love to see him a Cowboy for the sole reason that Dallas hardly picks players from Bama. Problem is C.J. played ILB in Alabama's 3-4 defense. Not sure if he'd be a fit in Dallas' 4-3. The mock listed him as an OLB, but he always played ILB at Alabama.

I still feel like Dallas has to address the future of quarterback at some point soon. Not in the first round to be sure. However, it needs to be looked at. Romo will be going into the start of next season coming off a rather significant back injury at 34 years old. If A.J. McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, or Aaron Murray are available, they need to be looked at. Mettenberger and Murray are recovering knee injuries, but have great arms (I do have a little concern if Mettenberger mentally can be a NFL QB). McCarron doesn't have the arm of those two (though guys like Joe Montana prove you don't have to necessarily have to have a rocket arm to be successful), but he is a winner and a leader. He's also a smart QB. He got the reputation as a "game manager" at Alabama. But when you think about, all QBs have to be a game manager.
    I think we need a solid rotation of DEs and DTs next year.
    Someone on the cowboys board pointed out how the Seahawks didn't have one dominant pass rusher (no one in double digits) but had like 46 sacks. They got it from everywhere. Obviously, part of that is scheme. But Selvie could be a guy used frequently I think. Do you know what the deal with Spencer is? Will he be ours again? Selvie, Spencer, sign and draft a DT. Draft a LB and S.
    I'm in total agreement about QB. I'd love to snag McCarron in the 3rd or something. That'd be ideal and really work out. Love his attitude and he can throw and lead. Not a fan of Mettenberger's attitude. Murray always underperformed IMO but in the 4th, he'd be a steal. At the same time, how many QBs from these schools work out? Foles is from Arizona St. and look what he just did.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    What exactly has Ryan done? What exactly has Ryan done? I'll tell you exactly what Ryan has done. If you add up all his DYOA's, DYAR's, WC+'s, and WAR's you'll precisely see that Ryan has taken his team to the NFC Championship exactly one time and promptly lost a 17 point lead to the San Francisco Kaepernick's. It's going to take Kaepernick a few more years and another contract to be able to do what Ryan has done.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

nocalgirl10 (12-31-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Consistently top 10 qb. Pretty close to becoming top 5 active in game winning drives, despite having much less service time than the guys above him. Could go on. But I understand your need to try to justify romo as a great qb. It's all cowboys fans have to hold onto anymore.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Holy crap, are you think king of selective statistics? Foles threw for about 2900 yards Ryan threw for 4500. If you want to say FOles was a better rate QB than I wouldn't disagree as that's what DVOA tracks, but Ryan was a better QB cause he was out there more often.

And LMAO if you think that Romo is better than Ryan, If this was 5 years ago Romo I'd agree, but he's old and he was not very good. Ryan was for sure better than most of those QBs. Rodgers missed a ton of time, if he was healthy he would have bested Ryan and Brady had a bad season. Assuming Rivers is Derping his way back to being a great QB and didn't just have a one year fluke derp. Ryan is one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL for sure, and fighting for a top 5 spot. If Rivers isn't back, then Ryan is the 5th best QB in the NFL. He's the leader of the second group of QBs. Ryan was able to post great numbers with Harry Douglas as his number 1. Only other great QB to do that with garbage that bad at WR is Brady.
    Romo was better this year.

The back injury is quite concerning however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Consistently top 10 qb. Pretty close to becoming top 5 active in game winning drives, despite having much less service time than the guys above him. Could go on. But I understand your need to try to justify romo as a great qb. It's all cowboys fans have to hold onto anymore.
    Hm, what does this have to do with Romo? I'd love to see Ryan on Romo's teams the last 4 years, by the way. But, Ryan hasn't really done anything (either has Romo) but Romo is the better QB.

And Romo has never won just 4 games. Even with injuries and what have you. So, there's that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Lol why don't you compare romo's win record to Ryan. That would he a funny comparison.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,809 Posts
    Do you know what the deal with Spencer is? Will he be ours again?
    Not sure about Spencer. That will be an interesting thing to see in the offseason
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,809 Posts
    Just did another mock draft simulation for Dallas. Here's what I came up with:

Round 1: HaHa Clinton-Dix (S/Alabama)
    Round 2: Aaron Donald (DT/Pittsburgh)
    Round 3: Adrian Hubbard (OLB/Alabama)
    Round 4: Aaron Murray (QB/Georgia)
    Round 5: Scott Crichton (DE/Oregon State)
    Round 6: Ryan Groy (OG/Wisconsin)
    Round 7: Ricardo Allen (CB/Purdue)
    Round 7: Jay Bromley (DT/Syracuse)
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    What exactly has Ryan done? What exactly has Ryan done? I'll tell you exactly what Ryan has done. If you add up all his DYOA's, DYAR's, WC+'s, and WAR's you'll precisely see that Ryan has taken his team to the NFC Championship exactly one time and promptly lost a 17 point lead to the San Francisco Kaepernick's. It's going to take Kaepernick a few more years and another contract to be able to do what Ryan has done.
    You and nocal's flirting has turned this thread about sweaty men wrapping each other up and wrestling each other to the ground, sometimes in a pile, penetrating defenses, and driving through the hole so ghey.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

ESP47 (12-31-2013)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Just did another mock draft simulation for Dallas. Here's what I came up with:

Round 1: HaHa Clinton-Dix (S/Alabama)
    Round 2: Aaron Donald (DT/Pittsburgh)
    Round 3: Adrian Hubbard (OLB/Alabama)
    Round 4: Aaron Murray (QB/Georgia)
    Round 5: Scott Crichton (DE/Oregon State)
    Round 6: Ryan Groy (OG/Wisconsin)
    Round 7: Ricardo Allen (CB/Purdue)
    Round 7: Jay Bromley (DT/Syracuse)
    Hey CC, what are your thoughts on maybe trying to sign Jarius Byrd from Buffalo? I know he had a foot problem early on but didn't he still make the Pro-Bowl?? If possible I'd rather sign a good reliable safety and hopefully another OL or two and then just draft the hell out of DL/DE, maybe a LB and a decent RB if we can find one. Your thoughts??

I'm OK if we stick with using the Cover-2, I just just sick of the Cover-Nobody scheme we used for so much of the season.

EDIT: Oh and I'm a little skiddish about having a player on the back end of our defense named "ha-ha"............................................... ....You know, just saying.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Won less playoff games than Kaepernick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Won less playoff games than Kaepernick.
    If only Ryan could have played on a team with 4 first team All-Pro defenders. When I look back at Ryan's 5 years in the NFL before this one, he had a combined 4 first team All-Pros on his team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    If only Ryan could have played on a team with 4 first team All-Pro defenders. When I look back at Ryan's 5 years in the NFL before this one, he had a combined 4 first team All-Pros on his team.
    Kaep was basically teh #1 reason his teams won both of those playoff games. he was fantastic in both games and another QB probably doesn't win those games.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Kaep was basically teh #1 reason his teams won both of those playoff games. he was fantastic in both games and another QB probably doesn't win those games.
    Lets see in his 3 games, 798 yards 4 TDs 2 picks, toughest defense he faced was the good ravens. In 2 games Ryan threw for 646 yards with 6 TDs and 3 picks against 2 of the 3 best defenses in the NFL.

Yeah Kaeprnick was basically the number 1 reason. Not the overall talent the Niners had. Niners rocked, Kaepernick played great, but he was barely called upon in the Falcons game. Gore/James and Vernon Davis had as much to do with the win as Kaepernick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're insane my friend. Kaep averaged 11.21 Y/PA with a 76% completion percentage. He had a 95 QBR and the Falcons were so **** scared of him they left running lanes all day for Gore/James.

You are just not being truthful if you don't think Kaep was the #1 reason they won that game.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The Falcons pathetic defense is the number 1 reason they lost that game. Not Kaepernick's play. You must have missed the week before where Zack Miller literally had the best game of his career. The pathetic play of the Falcons D was to blame for that game. Ryan was perfect aside from the botched snap. And Gore and James were able to run all day. Falcons LBs tanked last year. Sorry I'm being bitterly truthful. Kaepernick played well, but he could have played even better. Considering Zack miller put up 142 yards against them. Davis could have gotten 200 on his own.