Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Russia scandal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Bill Clinton meets Putin shortly before Uranium One is signed.

Probably just to discuss their yoga classes of course.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked Panetta how it was possible that neither “the chair of the DNC and the Clinton campaign” knew about payments for the dossier.

“Well, it’s obviously something that the Intelligence Committee is going to have to look at,” Panetta said. “You know, knowing presidential campaigns, they’re big operations and somehow the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing. And that could be the case here.”

Panetta continued, “I really do think that the committee is going to have to get into this, determine just exactly what happened. Who knew what and when?”

Blitzer followed up by asking Panetta why Clinton campaign attorney Marc Elias didn’t tell Clinton campaign chair, John Podesta, they had paid for the dossier.

Elias was the lawyer was represented the Clinton campaign and DNC, during the election and is alleged to have paid Fusion GPS for the Trump dossier.

“Well, it certainly makes the situation very awkward,” Panetta said. “If you’re testifying and saying you have no knowledge, and the attorney sitting next to you is one of those that knew what was involved here, I think it does raise an issue that the committee is going to have to look at and determine just exactly who knew what.”

Don't want this to be buried on the bottom of the previous page.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Can you briefly sketch out for me exactly what horrors are supposed to have been perpetrated in this whole thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Can you briefly sketch out for me exactly what horrors are supposed to have been perpetrated in this whole thing?
    I'm confused. Russia is now evil incarnate. So its fine we sold them uranium?

Its just a coincidence that the CGI got 140+ Million around the time of the sale.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked Panetta how it was possible that neither “the chair of the DNC and the Clinton campaign” knew about payments for the dossier.

“Well, it’s obviously something that the Intelligence Committee is going to have to look at,” Panetta said. “You know, knowing presidential campaigns, they’re big operations and somehow the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing. And that could be the case here.”

Panetta continued, “I really do think that the committee is going to have to get into this, determine just exactly what happened. Who knew what and when?”

Blitzer followed up by asking Panetta why Clinton campaign attorney Marc Elias didn’t tell Clinton campaign chair, John Podesta, they had paid for the dossier.

Elias was the lawyer was represented the Clinton campaign and DNC, during the election and is alleged to have paid Fusion GPS for the Trump dossier.

“Well, it certainly makes the situation very awkward,” Panetta said. “If you’re testifying and saying you have no knowledge, and the attorney sitting next to you is one of those that knew what was involved here, I think it does raise an issue that the committee is going to have to look at and determine just exactly who knew what.”

The one thing that I have seen that is hinky about this is that reportedly some parties with knowledge of the funding may have not accurately disclosed to Congress that knowledge. We'll see, I'm sure, if there is a Congressional inquiry. I assume that's what Panetta is getting at here.

It is is noteworthy, on that score, that the current Attorney General gave an untruthful answer to Congress during his confirmation hearing, and that his subsequent explanation (that his meetings with the Russian ambassador were in his capacity as a Senator on the FR committee) were, by his own admission, false. It seems rather hypocritical to be potentially measuring a DNC lawyer for the noose while giving the head of the damn Justice Department a pass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'm confused. Russia is now evil incarnate. So its fine we sold them uranium?

Its just a coincidence that the CGI got 140+ Million around the time of the sale.
    Ok. So, first, we didn't sell them any uranium. The fact that you're alleging that is a pretty clear indication that you're not really concerned with the facts.

Second, the timeline of the "$140M donations" to the CGI don't match up with the Uranium One sale. Almost all of that dollar figure was made up by a donor who divested from the company years before its later sale to a Russian company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ok. So, first, we didn't sell them any uranium. The fact that you're alleging that is a pretty clear indication that you're not really concerned with the facts.

Second, the timeline of the "$140M donations" to the CGI don't match up with the Uranium One sale. Almost all of that dollar figure was made up by a donor who divested from the company years before its later sale to a Russian company.
    You are being deceitful by using a technicality. It is absolutely Russia that is the ultimate benefactor of this agreement.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The one thing that I have seen that is hinky about this is that reportedly some parties with knowledge of the funding may have not accurately disclosed to Congress that knowledge. We'll see, I'm sure, if there is a Congressional inquiry. I assume that's what Panetta is getting at here.

It is is noteworthy, on that score, that the current Attorney General gave an untruthful answer to Congress during his confirmation hearing, and that his subsequent explanation (that his meetings with the Russian ambassador were in his capacity as a Senator on the FR committee) were, by his own admission, false. It seems rather hypocritical to be potentially measuring a DNC lawyer for the noose while giving the head of the damn Justice Department a pass.
    Sessions is an enigma to me. Trump doesn't like him, Trump's opponents don't like him, Trump's voters don't like him. He must either be an olive branch to establishment Republicans or be in possession of some incriminating photos to still have his job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts

No way man. Haven't you seen those ads for hot Russian girls looking for an American to bring them over here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    You are being deceitful by using a technicality. It is absolutely Russia that is the ultimate benefactor of this agreement.
    Um, it's a pretty simple question: did the US sell Russia any uranium?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Sessions is an enigma to me. Trump doesn't like him, Trump's opponents don't like him, Trump's voters don't like him. He must either be an olive branch to establishment Republicans or be in possession of some incriminating photos to still have his job.
    Sessions was, for ages, the only prominent Republican elected official to endorse Trump. I'm pretty sure he was the only senator to endorse him until after Trump was the nominee. Stephen Miller, who is still very influential in Trump-land, came from Sessions's office. He was in no way an olive branch to establishment Republicans--he was isolated within his own caucus and attached himself to Trump because he was an anti-immigration extremist. If Trump's voters don't like him, that's only because Trump publicly attacked him in the wake of Mueller's appointment.

Trump only subsequently turned on him because he would not shut down the Russia investigation...likely because he realized that he'd be exposed to obstruction of justice charges if he had.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    just for the record republicans began the funding for the dossier and abandoned it when it wasn't politically beneficial to them anymore. regardless, it's meaningless who paid for it.

as far as uranium: it wasn't fully in russia's control and posed no national security threat, and clinton may well have not even known about the whole thing.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

not concerned with the facts, or doesn't understand the facts? when all your info comes from fox news and trump himself, you won't really know or understand detail and nuance. yeah, the $145M mostly came from 1 guy who wasn't even part of this anymore. that leaves about $4M.

more and more examples of how listening to fox news and other POTUS mouthpieces leads to incorrect information.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think that another question worth asking is why the DNC didn't publicize the dossier before the election.

The first whiff of it the public got was within a week of the election, and that was based on Steele talking anonymously to an American reporter because he was concerned about what he had learned. If the whole thing was a nefarious Clinton op, why did they not publicize it before the election?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    But, you know, Dana Rohrabacher and Julian Assange seem like a good place to put your chips.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I think that another question worth asking is why the DNC didn't publicize the dossier before the election.

The first whiff of it the public got was within a week of the election, and that was based on Steele talking anonymously to an American reporter because he was concerned about what he had learned. If the whole thing was a nefarious Clinton op, why did they not publicize it before the election?
    It was John McCain that gave it to BuzzFeed in January
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Last edited by goldfly; 10-28-2017 at 04:20 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

For really bro?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I also appreciate the "DNC dossier" distancing act.