Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Praise of the Little King

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I have no doubt Ozzie can reach 30 HRs if the ball remains as is. All that has to happen is a single flukey month where he pops 10 and he will likely reach that mark.

Of course, that's pretty much the case for all MLB hitters with the current ball.
    Nick Markakis says "wassup"
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (09-26-2019)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Ozzie is the second to only one other second baseman playing. The great Dee Gordon.
    Coppy

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Before his elbow fracture, were people not predicting something like this for Albies? Acuna quickly overshadowed him, but I remember those days when Albies was the sun and moon for the franchise when he was 18 or so.
    People were thinking that he had batting champion like ability but that he didn’t have much power. I think it’s fair to question it because of the 2019 superball (at least 4 of his 24 home runs were juiced ball influenced and that doesn’t even get into extra base hits that weren’t hit that hard but ended up hitting a wall). He mostly is back to his old approach (before he sold out and ended up screwing himself up for the 2nd half last year) where if he hits a HR it’s an accident (outside of early counts where if he sees a strike he sometimes still looks to try to turn on the ball). FBs are down and LDs are up.

This has been the worst year so far of it but there’s been other years however as well in which they’ve tinkered with the ball. In 2017 they messed with the ball as well.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sport...c-794df4ee7130

94 slapped at, not hit that well, but it leaves the park. That is something.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Braves already into surplus-value territory on the guaranteed portion of his extension. Wonder if they’ll be picking up that option ...

All the people butt hurt that the Braves didnt pay Yankee market value is quickly making him one of my favorites.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    same person who wanted him sent down last year suggested, earlier in the season, that he drop hitting LH at all. glad neither of those things happened.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    same person who wanted him sent down last year suggested, earlier in the season, that he drop hitting LH at all. glad neither of those things happened.
    LOL, I completely forgot about that. Someone mark a point down for everyone and against that poster on the message board scoreboard.
    Ivermectin Man