Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Guess I don't know what Libertarianism is after all !!

It is 4% and losing ground to Joan Stein

New Suffolk national poll:
    Clinton 47 Trump 38 Johnson 4 Stein 2
    Joan "Allepo" Stein

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (10-26-2016)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    As much as young people participation is (allegedly) up, I'm somewhat surprised Stein isn't polling higher.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    As much as young people participation is (allegedly) up, I'm somewhat surprised Stein isn't polling higher.
    I know no one who I know who says they're supporting Stein who's gotten a polling call. Young people I'd argue are disproportionately polled and when they are the polls are so leading that they often get the result they want.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    it's a good thing he didn't compromise in anyway at all on anything.

it did a lot of good

or else he might would get elected and actually have to do something

It's hard to compromise when your positions are based on what the constitution says. Your not supposed to pick and choose which parts of the constitution you want to obey.

Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    yeah blame the media for ron paul being a ****, nutso candidate. what's that self-responsibility thing mean, again?

How about letting the voters decide who the nut jobs are. What some call a niche I call a passionate base. The guy you call a nutso out raised all other GOP candidates combined in donations from the military in the primaries.

I think we all know the reason he was black listed, he wanted to bring our troops home and stop invading other countries. Warmongering and empire building will be our downfall. This middle east **** is eventually going to lead to ww3. One day some kid whose parents were collateral damage from one of our hundreds of thousands of bombs is going to grow up and pull off a very major attack in a major city. Then the real war starts.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    It's hard to compromise when your positions are based on what the constitution says. Your not supposed to pick and choose which parts of the constitution you want to obey.
    this might carry weight if the oh so precious document didn't have amendments added to it showing that it isn't infallible imo

"Your not supposed to pick and choose which parts of the constitution you want to obey."

of course you can. the first amendment gives me that right

you're btw
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

How about letting the voters decide who the nut jobs are. What some call a niche I call a passionate base. The guy you call a nutso out raised all other GOP candidates combined in donations from the military in the primaries.

I think we all know the reason he was black listed, he wanted to bring our troops home and stop invading other countries. Warmongering and empire building will be our downfall. This middle east **** is eventually going to lead to ww3. One day some kid whose parents were collateral damage from one of our hundreds of thousands of bombs is going to grow up and pull off a very major attack in a major city. Then the real war starts.
    The voters spoke, and they didn't say Ron's name. Hence why he never made actual noise. Again: Stop blaming the media for it. If the people truly wanted him, he'd be there. They didn't, so he never was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    "Your not supposed to pick and choose which parts of the constitution you want to obey."

of course you can. the first amendment gives me that right

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    The voters spoke, and they didn't say Ron's name. Hence why he never made actual noise. Again: Stop blaming the media for it. If the people truly wanted him, he'd be there. They didn't, so he never was.
    The voters spoke... and then the rules were changed.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The voters spoke... and then the rules were changed.
    What would you think about a write in campaign for RON Paul in this election? I realize it wouldn't matter mathematically speaking, but I"m starting to think this may be the only approach I can actually live with, given the current "Top 4" and assuming I"m actually sober when I go to the polls, which the closer we get to election day less certain that becomes.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

Jesus, he really is losing it. I thought he was going to bite the reporter at the end of the video.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Jesus, he really is losing it. I thought he was going to bite the reporter at the end of the video.
    holy ****

5:04 for those that want to see the freak out
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

It's hard to make noise when the media won't cover you. They wouldn't even bother to run hit pieces on him because there's so little ammo. How can you justify candidates that got less than one hundredth his support getting 100 times more coverage? Sarah Palin takes a **** and it's breaking news. Herespecially some noise for you.

Here's a whole bunch of noise being made when the chairman arbitrarily changes the rules to not allow cameras and refuses to let the caucus vote on it. Gee, I wonder why they don't want video proof of the vote or all the Paul supporters there?

Here's Paul dominating debate results. The host sure seems to be hearing some noise.

Paul yet again making some noise winning debates. Then listen to them tell you Paul's results don't matter because it must be his highly passionate base influencing the results. Is this the Twilight Zone?

Here's some noise being made at the RNC convention. You might have missed it since they kept cutting the mic when someone said his name.

You don't change the rules mid primary to stop a candidate who isn't making noise. They didn't even do that to Trump. I am fine if Paul loses, I just want him to get a fair shake. Fact is you can only be President as a Republican or Democrat. We are so polarized that both sides are voting more against someone than for someone. If we allow those parties to rig their own primaries then we really aren't a democracy. If they don't want Paul as their candidate then don't let him enter the race as a Republican in the first place. You look at his support and say it wasn't big enough but I look at it as a damn miracle considering how little coverage he got. Unless you want to argue that there is no correlation between votes and amount of coverage they receive.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Johnson needs more weed.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

If that's losing your cool what the **** is Trump doing on a daily basis?

Honestly, that guy wasn't there to do an interview, he was looking for a hit. He found it. Notice the editing breaks and things of that sort.

Cause a simple good of economists for eliminating sales tax pulls results immediately. Guy was being a troll and should be fired.

FOr those interested

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...liticians-hate

To not read the article like Steaksauce won't even if it's NPR

Three: Eliminate the corporate income tax. Completely. If companies reinvest the money into their businesses, that's good. Don't tax companies in an effort to tax rich people.

Four: Eliminate all income and payroll taxes. All of them. For everyone. Taxes discourage whatever you're taxing, but we like income, so why tax it? Payroll taxes discourage creating jobs. Not such a good idea. Instead, impose a consumption tax, designed to be progressive to protect lower-income households.

Seriously, guy was being a troll and not a journalist, if he claims to be anything less than an opinion writer, he should be fired cause he wasn't looking for news, he was looking to piss Johnson off.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    holy ****

5:04 for those that want to see the freak out

I'm thinking he probably could use some cannabis.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-29-2016)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Bill Weld doesn't really seem to want to be running for office, but he should've been on top of that ticket if Libertarians wanted to be taken seriously. But, yannow, Libertarians.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (10-31-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Bill Weld doesn't really seem to want to be running for office, but he should've been on top of that ticket if Libertarians wanted to be taken seriously. But, yannow, Libertarians.
    Weld is new to the ticket. And he'd get skewered nationally by the Hillary hit team.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Weld is new to the ticket. And he'd get skewered nationally by the Hillary hit team.
    Maybe, but at least he is a veteran of some rough-and-tumble, higher-profile races. I'd think he'd handle the bright lights better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Maybe, but at least he is a veteran of some rough-and-tumble, higher-profile races. I'd think he'd handle the bright lights better.
    True, but Johnson was a vet of races as well. Weld I think has a more standard demeanor which is what will do him well and I think politically he's more savvy than Johnson who I see more as someone who does well to get a crowd on their side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    LOLGOP

We found someone libertarians have empathy for -- single-digit millionaires.

Tim Fernholz Verified account
    ‏@TimFernholz

"If you are a single digit millionaire like Hulk Hogan, you have no access to the legal system." — Peter Thiel
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.