User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sam Freeman

  1. #1
    Gwinnett Bound Ozzie's Chainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 63 Times in 43 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sam Freeman

    At what point is enough enough?!? This bum should have been released about a month ago! You can crawl out from under your couch at any moment now Mr. Intelli Brave, @Enscheff!
    Last edited by Ozzie's Chainz; 07-28-2018 at 09:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,212
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 358 Times in 222 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . . .

  3. #3
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,801
    Thanks
    1,133
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe they're just scared they'll accidentally release the wrong Freeman.
    From your favorite message board poster (me).

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

    Dalyn (07-28-2018),Garmel (07-28-2018),Individual-1 (07-28-2018),sc1767 (07-29-2018),TURBO (07-30-2018)

  5. #4
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 233 Times in 197 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he doesn't need to be released, DL him for now.

    Or maybe DFA him with the plan of him clearing waivers and going to Gwinnett to try to regain confidence, it'd be surprising if someone claimed him even if he's a living breathing left hander because while his metrics are better (because some of this is simply bad luck, while major league hitters punish meatballs, everything that is a meatball from him is getting hammered now), he's been so bad, his command has been so bad, and he's 31 years old, so it's doubtful anyone wants to claim him and take a shot.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

  6. #5
    Waiting for Free Agency striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,801
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 849 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    he doesn't need to be released, DL him for now.

    Or maybe DFA him with the plan of him clearing waivers and going to Gwinnett to try to regain confidence, it'd be surprising if someone claimed him even if he's a living breathing left hander because while his metrics are better (because some of this is simply bad luck, while major league hitters punish meatballs, everything that is a meatball from him is getting hammered now), he's been so bad, his command has been so bad, and he's 31 years old, so it's doubtful anyone wants to claim him and take a shot.
    The walks are what's killing him and the walks aren't bad luck. They're bad pitching. 6 BBs per 9 from a reliever will mean he's going to give up runs more often than not.

  7. #6
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 233 Times in 197 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    The walks are what's killing him and the walks aren't bad luck. They're bad pitching. 6 BBs per 9 from a reliever will mean he's going to give up runs more often than not.
    Where did I say all of it was bad luck? I just said some of it was.

    I'd gladly not have him on the next roster, but still.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

  8. #7
    Waiting for Free Agency striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,801
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 849 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    Where did I say all of it was bad luck? I just said some of it was.

    I'd gladly not have him on the next roster, but still.
    I'm just hesitant to write any of it off as bad luck. Giving up a hit on a mistake alone doesn't hurt that much as long as you keep it in the park. It hurts when you're walking the world.

  9. #8
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 233 Times in 197 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm just hesitant to write any of it off as bad luck. Giving up a hit on a mistake alone doesn't hurt that much as long as you keep it in the park. It hurts when you're walking the world.
    When every mistake pitch thrown by you is getting absolutely clobbered no matter what, yes some of it is. That shouldn't happen. Yes, some should, but a lot of the mistake pitches are getting clobbered.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

  10. #9
    Waiting for Free Agency striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,801
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 849 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    When every mistake pitch thrown by you is getting absolutely clobbered no matter what, yes some of it is. That shouldn't happen. Yes, some should, but a lot of the mistake pitches are getting clobbered.
    BABIP is only .302.

  11. #10
    High School Draftee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it will be justifiable to fire Snitker at the end of the season now. There is no way a new manager lets Freeman anywhere near his bullpen.

  12. #11
    It's OVER 5,000! CrimsonCowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Posts
    9,740
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked 3,655 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    STOP IT, BOTH OF YOU!
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

  13. #12
    Gwinnett Bound Ozzie's Chainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 63 Times in 43 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    STOP IT, BOTH OF YOU!
    I apologize to you but I will not be talked to like a juvenile and insulted without retaliating. I did my best to stay away from the poster but he insulted me and then Sam crapped the bed (again) his very next time out.

    Back on topic: DFA Sam Freeman!

  14. #13
    Gwinnett Bound Ozzie's Chainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 63 Times in 43 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freeman officially to the "DL". The front office had to do something and I applaud them even though it should have happened two months ago!

  15. #14
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,136
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must have missed it...

    Was Freeman sent to the 10 day DL as I predicted?

    Or was he DFA'd as others predicted?

    Anyone have this answer for me? Thanks!
    Gausman had a bad walk ratio for us -CrazyTrain 11/20/2018
    BB/9 with Braves: 2.72

    Fried, Newk and a couple other guys for Bumgarner and give him a pay day for 6ish years -CrazyTrain 10/15/18

    I analyzed Teheran's motion. He will be a CYA candidate in 2018-2020, and will be an extension candidate. Do not trade him -GovClintonTyree 12/17/15

    Matt Adams to the Tampa Bay Rays for Jake Odorizzi makes too much sense not to happen -clvclv 10/17/17
    Matt Adams non-tendered by Braves 12/2/17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •