Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1885

Thread: Political Correctness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/botham-shem-jean/

here is a good example of why Kaepernick kneels. Police officer coming home fromnher shift enters the wrong apartment and shoots the resident who dies. The killer is not immediately arrested and only put on administrative duty. Can you imagine any scenario where a black mam enters a cops home and kills them and is not immediately arrested? What the **** kind of investigation do you need to do here? The police officer was committing a crime so she has no right to self defense even if the victim pointed a gun at her. The killer said she thought she was entering her own apartment, who makes that kind of mistake without being high or drunk? I bet they didnt even attempt to determine if she was impared. Now its too late.

Imagine if the situation was reversed? He would be in jail with a million dollar bail. Intent dont mean **** here. Heres the questions I have.

Was the officers gun taken immediately upon arrival?

Was the victim handcuffed while dying? ie he was treated as the suspect instead of the victim.

Did they screen the cop for intoxication?

Did they search the whole apartment and what possible reason was there to search other than looking for an excuse to blame the victim?

Was a drug sniffing dog brought in and why would potentialndrug use by the victim be relevant?

Last edited by cajunrevenge; 09-07-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/botham-shem-jean/

here is a good example of why Kaepernick kneels. Police officer coming home fromnher shift enters the wrong apartment and shoots the resident who dies. The killer is not immediately arrested and only put on administrative duty. Can you imagine any scenario where a black mam enters a cops home and kills them and is not immediately arrested? What the **** kind of investigation do you need to do here? The police officer was committing a crime so she has no right to self defense even if the victim pointed a gun at her. The killer said she thought she was entering her own apartment, who makes that kind of mistake without being high or drunk? I bet they didnt even attempt to determine if she was impared. Now its too late.

Imagine if the situation was reversed? He would be in jail with a million dollar bail. Intent dont mean **** here. Heres the questions I have.

Was the officers gun taken immediately upon arrival?

Was the victim handcuffed while dying? ie he was treated as the suspect instead of the victim.

Did they screen the cop for intoxication?

Did they search the whole apartment and what possible reason was there to search other than looking for an excuse to blame the victim?

Was a drug sniffing dog brought in and why would potentialndrug use by the victim be relevant?

Yeah, but it’s only a scenario in which they’re killed by the responding officers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Even when they kill them they put them in handcuffs atleast.

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Progress!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Norm McDonald was cancelled by the tonight show since people were offended about his #metoo jokes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Nike stock is reaching all time highs. Kaep earning that sponsor money.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Norm McDonald was cancelled by the tonight show since people were offended about his #metoo jokes

Pretty sure Norm tries to get banned from anything he can. Check out his "Bill Clinton is a murderer" apperance on the view. On a side note notice how protective they are of the Clintons.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    This action is fine by me. Starbucks can do whatever they want... But to all those who said bakers can't refuse service, how do yall feel about this?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-12-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Wait, there are democratic professors of economics? Lololololololololololol.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Progress!

Party of Science.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-12-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Party of Science.
    Actually there is a much better example of the left disrespecting science. This would be the claim that genetically modified food is somehow unhealthy or dangerous.

Much of the organic and biodynamic farming movement is also a croc, but I hesitate to pin those folks at one end of the spectrum. I have my suspicions about the political leanings of Whole Foods shoppers though!
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-12-2018)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Progress!

I’m withholding an actual judgement on this due to a lack of knowledge of all the facts, but it’s hard to accept at face value that the author is providing the whole story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I’m withholding an actual judgement on this due to a lack of knowledge of all the facts, but it’s hard to accept at face value that the author is providing the whole story.
    I don't know about that particular paper, but the question of variability acrosses sexes and racial and ethnic groups is something that is going to be more carefully investigated in the years ahead. It's going to be the source of a lot of controversy. But hey science is science. Let the chips fall where they may.

I recently finished an interesting book by the geneticist David Reich (Who We Are and How We Got Here) in which he discussed why certain populations might show greater variability in things like height or intelligence. These questions are going to be investigated and we might find some of the answers uncomfortable.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-12-2018 at 11:15 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I don't know about that particular paper, but the question of variability acrosses sexes and racial and ethnic groups is something that is going to be more carefully investigated in the years ahead. It's going to be the source of a lot of controversy. But hey science is science. Let the chips fall where they may.

We won't see any research. We've seen what happens to people who dare insist that maybe the genders have differences. They get fired or silenced.

What's the point in doing the research if you can only report on one finding without consequence?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    We won't see any research. We've seen what happens to people who dare insist that maybe the genders have differences. They get fired or silenced.

What's the point in doing the research if you can only report on one finding without consequence?
    Research is conducted for all sorts of reasons.

But I think it is worth pointing out that even if some groups were found to be more variable along a particular characteristic, I'm not sure it would imply anything about how we should treat people individually. In fact I don't think it would. But it might help us understand why certain outcomes occur in society. I will mention something I've alluded to before. I have a daughter who is very good at science and currently in a PhD program at a prestigious university. I've met some of her friends, of many ethnicities and both sexes. And it is kind of an eye-opening experience. The current generation of women in their 20s is going to change a lot of perceptions about what women can excel at. I grew up with a different set of attitudes. I majored in mathematics 30 something years ago. And my experience back then reinforced prejudices that I had about how good women could be at math. And I've come to the conclusion those views are unfounded. I might be wrong now. But I think we'll see some research on this that will provide some interesting answers.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-12-2018 at 11:31 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Actually there is a much better example of the left disrespecting science. This would be the claim that genetically modified food is somehow unhealthy or dangerous.

Much of the organic and biodynamic farming movement is also a croc, but I hesitate to pin those folks at one end of the spectrum. I have my suspicions about the political leanings of Whole Foods shoppers though!
    The better example is considering that transgender is healthy and celebratory rather than a mental illness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    The better example is considering that transgender is healthy and celebratory rather than a mental illness
    Seriously. There is a whole range of ways to look at this beyond those two. I don't think most individuals or families of individuals celebrate those situations. But they want a chance for productive happy lives. I'm just kind of amazed to see people hung up on this.

I have an anecdote about this. There is a young lady I know who is transgender (well she is a young man now). She was a pre-school classmate of one of my children, age 3 when I first met her. I vividly remember a chat I had with their teacher. He was an insightful guy. He told me the boys played together and the girls played together except for this girl who played with the boys. He used the word androgynous to describe her. I suppose there are other terms. Tomboy etc. But as she grew up she decided she was not happy being a woman.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-12-2018 at 11:45 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Seriously. There is a whole range of ways to look at this beyond those two. I don't think most individuals or families of individuals celebrate those situations. But they want a chance for productive happy lives. I'm just kind of amazed to see people hung up on this.

I have an anecdote about this. There is a young lady I know who is transgender (well she is a young man now). She was a pre-school classmate of one of my children, age 3 when I first met her. I vividly remember a chat I had with their teacher. He was an insightful guy. He told me the boys played together and the girls played together except for this girl who played with the boys. He used the word androgynous to describe her. I suppose there are other terms. Tomboy etc. But as she grew up she decided she was not happy being a woman.
    Cool. Not happy being 5'10. I now say I'm 6'3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Cool. Not happy being 5'10. I now say I'm 6'3
    Another anecdote. One of my other children had a very good little soccer player on his team. Emphasis on little. His dad was a medical doctor and he and I often chatted on the sidelines. As the boys got older some of them hit their growth spurts sooner than others and this little guy kept getting left further and further behind. His dad mentioned to me that he might have some sort of hormonal deficiency that need to be treated. I don't know what they decided because I moved away at about that time. But yeah medical science to some extent allows for intervention with respect to height.

"I am your retribution."