Page 902 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 4028028528929009019029039049129521002 ... LastLast
Results 18,021 to 18,040 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Travis Kelce just verbally slayed the refs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    And in other news, if the Falcons and Steelers pull it off next week, things are gonna get chippy at my house with my Steelers fan of a wife.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I'll take a 7-6 win right now.
    I'll be happy to just take a win.
    Forever Fredi

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-16-2017), UNCBlue012 (01-16-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I'll be happy to just take a win.
    yeah, i was like, i'll 2-0 as long as we win

lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    My end of the season assessment on the Dallas Cowboys:

Obviously, a disappointing way for the season to end. But, if you told me when Romo went down that the Cowboys would be in the playoffs, I would have taken it and ran with it. I don't believe in moral victories, but Dallas fans have to be encouraged.

WHAT WENT WRONG:
    Secondary: Pass defense showed to be the weakness and the ultimate downfall against the Packers. Though to be fair, Aaron Rodgers was just that good. I'm not sure any defense would have had an answer.

Randy Gregory: The Cowboys took a chance at drafting him, even with all the things being said about his character. He's suspended for a year because he'd rather do drugs than play football. The team should not count on him ever being a contributor to the team.

Rolando McClain: He got a second chance after his career with the Raiders derailed due to off field behavior. After behaving himself for a season, he hasn't done so in the last couple years. His career with the Cowboys, and the NFL for the matter, should be done.

WHAT WENT RIGHT:
    Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott: Not much I can say that hasn't been said already about what these two did this season. Had a feeling Zeke would be a force, but Dak really became a revelation. These two will only get better as they go along in their careers.

Sean Lee: Finally able to have a season in which he escaped the injury bug. Great player and a great leader for the team.

David Irving: Showed himself to be a force on the defensive line. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

NOTABLE FREE AGENTS:
    Brandon Carr: Reportedly mulling retirement. Signed a rich five year deal, which expired this season. Never really played to that contract's level. Regardless if he plays or not in 2017, I don't look for him to be back with the team.

Mo Claiborne: The Cowboys moved into the top ten in the draft to get him in 2012. He has never achieved that status. Had a chance to prove himself this season. He was rather good, when healthy. Problem was, he was not healthy much of the season, and got banged up again Sunday against Green Bay. Not looking for a return either for him.

Ronald Leary: This is a bit interesting. Leary played well, but will he return? Dallas has La'el Collins as a future guard (he was hurt much of this season). Leary's future could depend on what the team does with RT Doug Free, who is a FA after next season. No guarantee Free returns. If not, Collins could move to RT, though Chaz Green is a possibility there. My hunch he is elsewhere next season, thought I'm not ruling out a return at all.

THE TONY ROMO QUESTION:
    That's the thing everyone in the NFL will be watching. Dak Prescott is the starter, no question. I'd love to see Romo return as a backup, but he still has pride and feels like he has a couple more years in him. I hope the Cowboys can work a trade and get a couple draft picks in return. Not sure what teams would give up for a guy who is getting into his late 30s and has been banged up the last few years. Broncos, Bears, and Jets are top possibilities.

TWO YOUNGSTERS ON THE MEND:
    Charles Tapper: Fourth round pick who suffered a back injury early and never saw the field. Think he'll recover and be ready for camp. If he's good to go, he'll be in the rotation for a defense looking for pass rushers.

Jaylon Smith: Many fans know this kid. Top five talent in the draft, who suffered a horrible knee injury in the Fiesta Bowl. Cowboys made a bold move and drafted him in the second round, knowing he probably wouldn't, and didn't, play this season (helps the doctor who did his surgery works for the team and his brother plays for the Cowboys). Recent reports on Jaylon have been encouraging as the nerve that was also injured seems to be healing. Rooting hard for this young man. Good kid to boot. If Jaylon heals and is able to even play close to level he did at Notre Dame, the Cowboys 2016 draft class may end up being the best since Jerry Jones took over as owner

NEEDS FOR THE OFFSEASON:
    Defensive Back: Will need both corners and safeties. Which one will be greater? Kind of depends on what position Byron Jones ends up at. An early pick will be needed in this area.

Defensive End: Need a pass rusher here on the other side of DeMarcus Lawrence. Especially with Tapper being hurt and not playing in his rookie season and Gregory being undependable.

Wide Receiver: Terrence Williams likely will not return, so need a good #2/3 receiver to pair up with Dez Bryant.

Tight End: Jason Witten, as good as he is, getting up there in age. Gavin Escobar is not a long term solution, so need to start thinking about the future there.

Offensive Line: What? Cowboys have a great O-Line. Why here? Can never have too much O-Line depth.

A PEEK TO THE DRAFT:
    The Cowboys will have the #28 selection in the NFL Draft. While draft boards will change over the next three months before draft time, here is an early list of guys I'd like to see Dallas take a good look at:
    Taco Charlton (DE/Michigan)
    Charles Harris (DE/Missouri)
    Cordrea Tankersley (CB/Clemson)
    Sidney Jones (CB/Washington)
    Carl Lawson (DE/Auburn)
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Dak Prescott reminded me of a young Ben Rothlisberger. Really impressed. How did this kid last until the 4th round?

Aaron Rodgers made some mistakes that gave the Cowboys a chance (that INT would have been a TD had the pass not been 6 feet off target) but with the game on the line he was just inhuman. If the Falcons want to win they better be up 9 or more at the 2 minute warning.

Finally, super impressed with my Falcons. That offense has so many ways to beat you and Matt Ryan is so dialed in right now. The young defense impressed as well. They looked awful on that first drive, made the necessary adjustments, and just shut Wilson and Co down the rest of the way. I am worried about special teams. Hester made the kick coverage group look foolish.

My prediction is that Atlanta faces New England in the Super Bowl. I think the Falcons defense is better than the Packer's D and that's the difference in the game. Brady will just be Brady and win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    If we lose to Rodgers that's fine, but I can't take ANOTHER gutwrencher. Something eventually has to go the right way for an Atlanta team.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (01-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    If we lose to Rodgers that's fine, but I can't take ANOTHER gutwrencher. Something eventually has to go the right way for an Atlanta team.
    I'm with you. I can't take missing the Super Bowl by 10 yards again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm with you. I can't take missing the Super Bowl by 10 yards again.
    I also can't stomach blowing that 17 point lead.
    Forever Fredi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-16-2017)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    As bad as the Steelers slayed him?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (01-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I'm pretty pumped to see the Steelers take the win! I rarely post in this side of the forum, but I'm a huge fan -- I have been since the Tommy Maddox days... eh.

I'm hoping we can lean on Bell and make it past the Patriots next week and the Falcons (who I really like in the NFC) to take the Packers. That would be an awesome matchup.

That being said, Ben looked like absolute garbage last night and he has to step up!

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    If he's talking about that holding call on the two point conversion, Kelce needs to stay quiet. That was a clear hold by a Eric Fisher on James Harrison.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    They are getting carved up by the greatest QB of our generation. That isn't Garrett's fault. I agree they should run the ball more, but a Dallas pick gives them life again.

I didn't see Brees, Brady or Manning in the game.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    If he's talking about that holding call on the two point conversion, Kelce needs to stay quiet. That was a clear hold by a Eric Fisher on James Harrison.

I think Harrison slipped some and that definitely helped sell the call. I agree it was a hold though for sure. I keep hearing people say yeah it was a hold, but can't call it in that situation. Hate that line of thinking. I have said it before, but a penalty is a penalty regardless of the situation.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    There's holding in the trenches on every play in the NFL. The refs only decide to call it when they bother to see it.
    Forever Fredi

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    There's holding in the trenches on every play in the NFL. The refs only decide to call it when they bother to see it.
    It's one of the ways they "influence" the outcomes of games, sort of like when to call or not call illegal contact/pass interference. Now the whole 15 yards for having 12 guys in, or at least near the huddle is absolutely beyond stupid. I mean if it's a penalty fine, but why should that be as many yards as literally taking somebody's head off? In the end though you can't afford to just try and play well enough to compete or even just well enough to win. You have to kick ass and take names to have a chance unless you're one of the "golden teams" and you guys are playing one of those teams this weekend. Be on your guard.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    The Cowboys are one of the "golden teams."

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    The Cowboys are one of the "golden teams."
    Totally disagree. There was a time when you would be right, but if you've followed them since they became "sucky" you'd know what I"m talking about. Goddell wants good ratings matchups and while I'm not saying they orchestrate the winners like in the WWE I don't think he or any of the upper echelon minds when they get the high dollar matchups for $$$ purposes. Look at a couple of years back when NE won the Super Bowl, the league wanted another Peyton vs Brady matchup in the Conference championship game but the Colts came in and just played so well Peyton and the Broncos fizzled out like a snowball in July and it was the Colts vs Brady and Delfategate. Again I"m not saying the system is "rigged" but influenced is another matter. That's why you have to play your best game every time out and don't expect any favors from the zebras. You go out there and TAKE your win or you may not get it.

By the way, did you see how the Packers players were looking at the refs after just about every play? I know lots of people do that but between them and McCarthy they remind me of the 80s Celtics, they expect the officials to take their side and they get it more often than not.

EDIT: The Cowboys stunk it up early yesterday but turned things around and almost won. In the end it was Rodgers' greatness that won the day, no question, but if a person would study film, which I don't have time to do I think they'd be amazed just how bad the whole thing stinks.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Ratings will drop with Dallas being eliminated and you already saw super bowl tickets take a plunge. Even so, I don't believe in the conspiracy theories. Dallas was on the end of some favorable calls as well.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Ratings will drop with Dallas being eliminated and you already saw super bowl tickets take a plunge. Even so, I don't believe in the conspiracy theories. Dallas was on the end of some favorable calls as well.
    Very true, I saw them get away with some. I wasn't saying they got screwed yesterday, though there were some suspicious things going on. Had they played better in the 1st half it wouldn't have mattered. Yesterday it was Rodgers who skewed the curve. Hard to stop that guy when he gets on a roll.