Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting List Of Potential Spring Cuts...

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Would be surprised if Jace is "cut" in the spring unless he completely flounders. Micah Johnson hasn't been able to stick anywhere, but has wheels if he can ever figure out how to steal 1st.

Adding Kelly Johnson again would be so Braves.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Interesting...I agree.

Albies is 20 (or 19?) and hurt. So I was assuming he'd start in the minors.

I was thinking they'd play Jace and Adonis and hope someone catches lightning in a bottle for a flip.

But I could see them starting both guys. Hitting Albies at 9th or 8th to protect him. Albies will come to FA years SOOO young that he could be very expensive if he lives up to 75% of the hype.

I do agree they'll sign Swanson long term and soon. Assuming he doesn't fall flat on his face they'll look to lock him up next off season or maybe the one after like Simba.

But if Albies is up, then he's starting. So that makes having Rod, Jace and Adonis not make a lot of sense for me.

No doubt. That's what makes me think camp could be so interesting.

Let's just imagine for a moment that Albies does win the job. That and a Valbuena signing then makes all three of Jace, Adonis, and d'Arnaud "expendable" IMO. Make Bonifacio the 4th OF/backup CF. Platoon Valbuena/Rodriguez at 3B, and Rodriguez becomes the backup corner OF. Albies could slide over anytime Dansby gets a day off, and Bonifacio or Rodriguez could fill in for him at 2B.

CF- Ender, SS- Swanson, 1B- Freeman, LF- Kemp, RF- Markakis, 3B- Valbuena/Rodriguez, C- Wieters/Flowers, SP, 2B- Albies

You'd have speed on the bench (Bonifacio), both right-handed and left handed pop on the bench (Flowers/Rodriguez/Valbuena/Wieters), plus the flexibility to carry an extra pen arm (release Roe, and you could still carry both Winkler and Rivero).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?