Page 903 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 4038038538939019029039049059139531003 ... LastLast
Results 18,041 to 18,060 of 22942

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Ratings will drop with Dallas being eliminated and you already saw super bowl tickets take a plunge. Even so, I don't believe in the conspiracy theories. Dallas was on the end of some favorable calls as well.
    Non calls went both way in that game for sure. The one that hurt the most for Dallas was PI on Witten towards the end of the 1st half. Would of set them up inside the 5 and a likely touchdown. Instead they settled for a field goal. That being said 1 play doesn't make or break a game. They had a chance for a touchdown at the end of the game and had to settle for a field goal and gave Rodgers too much time.

Cowboys are one of the golden teams too. Top 4 highest rated games this year were Cowboys games I believe. A Cowboys and Pats/Steelers Superbowl would be mega high ratings.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,759 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    It's one of the ways they "influence" the outcomes of games, sort of like when to call or not call illegal contact/pass interference. Now the whole 15 yards for having 12 guys in, or at least near the huddle is absolutely beyond stupid. I mean if it's a penalty fine, but why should that be as many yards as literally taking somebody's head off? In the end though you can't afford to just try and play well enough to compete or even just well enough to win. You have to kick ass and take names to have a chance unless you're one of the "golden teams" and you guys are playing one of those teams this weekend. Be on your guard.
    Just like on hail mary plays there's interference and holding and illegal contact all in the endzone but it doesn't get called.
    Forever Fredi

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Just like on hail mary plays there's interference and holding and illegal contact all in the endzone but it doesn't get called.
    All I"m saying is if you want the championship you have to take it, not just play well enough to win. It really doesn't matter who you're playing but Rodgers does get a little extra love from the zebras IMO, which is terrible because he's one of the very best ever to play, he doesn't need that. Anyway, your guys better be clicking on all cylinders this weekend and don't expect any favors, don't even expect to be treated fairly/equally. You have to play to well that you take all that crap out of the game.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Garret needs to take heat. No taking freekick at end of first half is inexcusable. So was spiking the ball on first down with almost a minute left.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Garret needs to take heat. No taking freekick at end of first half is inexcusable. So was spiking the ball on first down with almost a minute left.
    I didn't see the very end of the first half so I can't speak to that, but I agree about the 1st down spike at the end of the game. Also, the whole Butler didn't know when he was/wasn't supposed to be in the game, not sure which coach is to blame but it's definitely a coaching thing. I will say this, if you had been watching them regularly for a few years you'd think Garrett was Vince Lombardi compared with where he was a couple of years ago. Now you just see half a dozen or so screw ups per game, it used to be 2 or 3 dozen per game.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I didn't see the very end of the first half so I can't speak to that, but I agree about the 1st down spike at the end of the game. Also, the whole Butler didn't know when he was/wasn't supposed to be in the game, not sure which coach is to blame but it's definitely a coaching thing. I will say this, if you had been watching them regularly for a few years you'd think Garrett was Vince Lombardi compared with where he was a couple of years ago. Now you just see half a dozen or so screw ups per game, it used to be 2 or 3 dozen per game.
    When you fair catch with no time left in half, you get an untimed free kick. Kind of like a kickoff but 3 points if you make it. I think it was from own 38, but essentially a kickoff. Can he not kickoff through the uprights? Worth a try for sure.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    When you fair catch with no time left in half, you get an untimed free kick. Kind of like a kickoff but 3 points if you make it. I think it was from own 38, but essentially a kickoff. Can he not kickoff through the uprights? Worth a try for sure.
    Sure why not? And Bailey is really good, they should have at least tried it. Nothing to lose. So do you think Shanahan is going to go to SF?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Sure why not? And Bailey is really good, they should have at least tried it. Nothing to lose. So do you think Shanahan is going to go to SF?
    Yes. Outside shot they go Cable but I think its Kyles.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,759 Posts
    Where did all of this Aaron Rodgers GOAT talk come from?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Where did all of this Aaron Rodgers GOAT talk come from?
    Probably from his unbelievable 104.1 career quarterback rating. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    Wouldn't put it passed the 49rs to go Cable, because Tomsula.... but I'd avoid that situation like the plague if I was Shanny
    Ivermectin Man

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Wouldn't put it passed the 49rs to go Cable, because Tomsula.... but I'd avoid that situation like the plague if I was Shanny
    yeah, 3 or 4 years ago if you told me the SF head coaching job was open I'd say the line of interested applicants would stretch all the way down the street and around the corner, but now? If I were Shanny I'd run, not walk from it. This time next year there will be 5 or 6 more openings and he can probably have his pick of them. Right now, SF is a dumpster fire. That will change too but right now I wouldn't wish that job on Garrett.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Kyle isn't going to have the pick of the litter because he doesn't have the personality to win over organizations in an interview. He is a great OC, but he's not going to inspire you to hire him and turn the franchise around.

In other words, he may have to take the SF job.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Kyle isn't going to have the pick of the litter because he doesn't have the personality to win over organizations in an interview. He is a great OC, but he's not going to inspire you to hire him and turn the franchise around.

In other words, he may have to take the SF job.
    I read he's definitely going to take the SF job. He's obviously very talented, hopefully his career won't die out there in that (current) dumpster fire. If he can just give them some improvement, which I think is definitely possible, he'll be an immediate hit.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I realize nobody will care, except Cowboys fans but, check this out if the truth matters to you.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    I realize nobody will care, except Cowboys fans but, check this out if the truth matters to you.
    Not the truth.

RUle 12 on Player Conduct

Using entering substitutes, legally returning players, substitutes on sidelines, or withdrawn players to
    confuse opponents. The clarification is also to be interpreted as covering any lingering by players
    leaving the field when being substituted for.

Basically it's a subjective rule, and the issue was Cowboys had multiple players moving in and out of a loose huddle.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Not the truth.

RUle 12 on Player Conduct

Using entering substitutes, legally returning players, substitutes on sidelines, or withdrawn players to
    confuse opponents. The clarification is also to be interpreted as covering any lingering by players
    leaving the field when being substituted for.

Basically it's a subjective rule, and the issue was Cowboys had multiple players moving in and out of a loose huddle.
    So if offensive holding, defensive holding, and so on. The refs admitted they effed up as there was no intent. These "loose rules" are exactly what I'm talking about. They can be enforced or ignored depending on particular officials, particular crews of officials, agendas, and other much darker issues. I realize it's over and done, but if they even admitted they were wrong don't you think that means something?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    So if offensive holding, defensive holding, and so on. The refs admitted they effed up as there was no intent. These "loose rules" are exactly what I'm talking about. They can be enforced or ignored depending on particular officials, particular crews of officials, agendas, and other much darker issues. I realize it's over and done, but if they even admitted they were wrong don't you think that means something?
    Refs never admitted they effed up on this play.

Some league sources did with that one guy, but no official source came out. Anyway I agreee with you on rules. NFL rules are the worst as there are so much subjectivity including frequency of calls.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,012 Posts
    Starting to get a little nervously excited.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (01-21-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,759 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Starting to get a little nervously excited.
    BRING IT HOME TO THE DOME.
    Forever Fredi

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-21-2017), Garmel (01-22-2017), Tapate50 (01-21-2017)