Page 1097 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 975979971047108710951096109710981099110711471197 ... LastLast
Results 21,921 to 21,940 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    You mean like don't kill people. Because Trump decided to pardon a murderer and you've defended that. Or how about Obstruction of Justice? You don't seem to have a problem with that one.
    We have discussed Michael Behenna and in a setting of war things get a bit dicey. Clearly not the same as pardoning a run of the mill person in society. But sure, pretend like its the same.

Obstruction of Justice. Oh geez, don't make me laugh. Do we need to go over how the special council stated there was zero interruption in their investigation and that ALL requests were provided? We already know the claims were dubious at best so if obstruction of justice is defending your innocence then I don't want to live in your world.

This guy was not a good person. But if this is the hill you guys want to stand on to go against the immigration policy this administration is enforcing then please do so.
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We have discussed Michael Behenna and in a setting of war things get a bit dicey. Clearly not the same as pardoning a run of the mill person in society. But sure, pretend like its the same.

Obstruction of Justice. Oh geez, don't make me laugh. Do we need to go over how the special council stated there was zero interruption in their investigation and that ALL requests were provided? We already know the claims were dubious at best so if obstruction of justice is defending your innocence then I don't want to live in your world.

This guy was not a good person. But if this is the hill you guys want to stand on to go against the immigration policy this administration is enforcing then please do so.
    Again, he was reportedly diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and homeless. If you’re going to excuse a person for murder because of surroundings, you cannot just ignore that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Jon Cooper
    @joncoopertweets
    ·
    1h
    This truly macabre photo shows a grinning Donald Trump — with a smiling Melania at his side — giving a thumbs-up w/ a baby whose parents were shot dead in the El Paso white supremacist terror attack THAT TRUMP INSPIRED. Tells you all you need to know about this heartless couple.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Judd L Dvorak
    @JuddLDvorak
    ·
    8h
    Replying to
    @joshtpm
    and
    @FLOTUS

Try to envision any President from your lifetime posing like this with an infant

who’s parents were brutally murdered. Any elected official for that matter. Can’t

picture it can you? Me neither because no office holder in our nations history

has been this devoid of human decency.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Again, he was reportedly diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and homeless. If you’re going to excuse a person for murder because of surroundings, you cannot just ignore that.
    'Reportedly'? Lets see some real diagnosis before we give a cop-out to a multiple criminal offender.

He refused legal representation and help once in Iraq.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Judd L Dvorak
    @JuddLDvorak
    ·
    8h
    Replying to
    @joshtpm
    and
    @FLOTUS

Try to envision any President from your lifetime posing like this with an infant

who’s parents were brutally murdered. Any elected official for that matter. Can’t

picture it can you? Me neither because no office holder in our nations history

has been this devoid of human decency.
    ORANGE MAN SO BAD!!!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

who knew someone like this would ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

who knew someone like this would ...
    SO BAD!
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts

You're completely missing the point. You are treating immigration as black and white and hiding behind an argument of "the law is the law." But you are perfectly willing to bend and condone other laws being broken. Everything isn't black and white, and this a clear case where clemency should have been applied. Again, he grew up as much American as me or you. Sending him some place he has never been to and left to his own devices is extremely cruel.

And the bolded part is irrelevant. Even bad people deserve basic human decency. And there are clear signs that suggests he likely had some mental issues, which would explain his erratic behavior.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    'Reportedly'? Lets see some real diagnosis before we give a cop-out to a multiple criminal offender.

I wonder if there’s some sort of disorder that could cause a person to act irrationally like this.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts

Because someone that refuses legal representation and medical help are clearly the signs of a person in a healthy state of mind....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    You're completely missing the point. You are treating immigration as black and white and hiding behind an argument of "the law is the law." But you are perfectly willing to bend and condone other laws being broken. Everything isn't black and white, and this a clear case where clemency should have been applied. Again, he grew up as much American as me or you. Sending him some place he has never been to and left to his own devices is extremely cruel.

And the bolded part is irrelevant. Even bad people deserve basic human decency. And there are clear signs that suggests he likely had some mental issues, which would explain his erratic behavior.
    Why are you pretending like the same set of rules applies in a wartime scenario as opposed to regular civil society?

It is very a clear legal definition in this country as to whether or not you are a US citizen. If rules are bended for this then there will be no end. Before we use the mental disorder defense I'd love to see an actual professional diagnosis. If that is produced then I will reconsider my position.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Because someone that refuses legal representation and medical help are clearly the signs of a person in a healthy state of mind....
    Or someone that is just stupid. LIke the same people that commit crimes.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Why are you pretending like the same set of rules applies in a wartime scenario as opposed to regular civil society?

It is very a clear legal definition in this country as to whether or not you are a US citizen. If rules are bended for this then there will be no end. Before we use the mental disorder defense I'd love to see an actual professional diagnosis. If that is produced then I will reconsider my position.
    That is false. Clemency and/or citizenship has been granted in the past in cases where people were brought to the US when they were very young. Also, it's hard to diagnosis someone that is dead.
    Last edited by Carp; 08-09-2019 at 09:14 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Or someone that is just stupid. LIke the same people that commit crimes.
    Many of the people that commit crimes are often times mentally unstable as well. Mental illness goes untreated at alarming rates in the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    That is false. Clemency and/or citizenship has been granted in the past in cases where people were brought to the US when they were very young. Also, it's hard to diagnosis someone that is dead.
    Like unconstitutional acts by the executive branch?

If there was no formal diagnosis on the man in his past then claiming he was mentally ill is a weak attempt to justify your position he shouldnt have been deported.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Like unconstitutional acts by the executive branch?

If there was no formal diagnosis on the man in his past then claiming he was mentally ill is a weak attempt to justify your position he shouldnt have been deported
    I'm not justifying anything with that. Just pointing our that the "bad man" you claim he is, legitimately seemed to have mental health issues that could explain his erratic behavior. Regardless if he did or didn't have mental health issues, he shouldn't have been deported.

I have no clue what your first statement even means. Granting clemency is not unconstitutional and it's been done by more than former Presidents if that is what you are inferring.
    Last edited by Carp; 08-09-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'm not justifying anything with that. Just pointing our that the "bad man" you claim he is, legitimately seemed to have mental health issues that could explain his erratic behavior. Regardless if he did or didn't have mental health issues, he shouldn't have been deported.

I have no clue what your first statement even means. Granting clemency is not unconstitutional and it's been done by more than former Presidents if that is what you are inferring.
    So your assessment of his mental issues is based on heresay? Im sure the message of him being mentally ill wasnt advised recently.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    So your assessment of his mental issues is based on heresay? Im sure the message of him being mentally ill wasnt advised recently.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Let’s check on a far right wing person that the president frequently retweets

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"