Page 47 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Economics Thread

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Repeat after me, Presidents have minimal ability to create economic booms or crashes.
    But then we wouldn’t have the fun of posters waiting for the stock market to close so they can post the gains (hail Trump) or losses (blame Trump)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Repeat after me, Presidents have minimal ability to create economic booms or crashes.

Which is what I have been saying for many many years. I am literally doing exactly what thethe does but for the other team.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Oh the relief act which just made the Bush tax cuts permanent? Wowowowowow!

Bailouts did not do that. There are other ways to manage financial harship.

Youre truly cluess

Ok. Well your welcome for that tax cut from Obama. View it through whatever warped perspective you want. The Bush tax cuts were a limited time deal. If GWB wasnt such a weak president they would have been permanent from the start. Obama made them permanent. Well 88% of them. He also cut payroll taxes 2% and cut 55 billion I taxes on specific industries.

You can argue about the bailouts all you want but we all know if Obama didnt do them you would be blaming him for the Bush recession lasting twice as long. Both McCain and Obama agreed not to publicly campaign against bailouts because they knew it was an unpopular idea but would also wreck the economy if it didnt happen. But I am sure you are up in arms about the bailouts to farmers Trump is giving now.

You are truly a partisan hack with no mind of your own.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Ok. Well your welcome for that tax cut from Obama. View it through whatever warped perspective you want. The Bush tax cuts were a limited time deal. If GWB wasnt such a weak president they would have been permanent from the start. Obama made them permanent. Well 88% of them. He also cut payroll taxes 2% and cut 55 billion I taxes on specific industries.

You can argue about the bailouts all you want but we all know if Obama didnt do them you would be blaming him for the Bush recession lasting twice as long. Both McCain and Obama agreed not to publicly campaign against bailouts because they knew it was an unpopular idea but would also wreck the economy if it didnt happen. But I am sure you are up in arms about the bailouts to farmers Trump is giving now.

You are truly a partisan hack with no mind of your own.
    Since the bailouts to the farmers is part of a greater strategy against China then I absolutely support them. I just don't expect you to understand any of this.

Obama had to make them permanent because its never popular to raise taxes even though he did that through ACA.

Just the fact that you are saying this economic boom had anything to do with Obama shows how much the drugs have gotten to you. Seek help.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Its buying votes. If it was a demographic that didn't vote heavily for Trump he would have left them to rot.

I dont care what you think Obama had to do. He made tax cuts permanent whereas Republicans set an expiration date. He cut taxes in several other areas. He ended the great recession Fox News was going ape**** over at the time. Argue with the methods all you want, the results stand. Obama too us from a Republican Great Recession to a booming economy. If you want to give Trump credit for everything after he was elected fine, but I am going to do the same for Obama.

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Obama ushered in an era of bailouts and too big to fail. He had a fed that has now set a precedent of forever low interest rates that Trump wishes to continue.

We have all time corporate, personal, and national debt that has resulted in meager growth.

Well done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Its buying votes. If it was a demographic that didn't vote heavily for Trump he would have left them to rot.

I dont care what you think Obama had to do. He made tax cuts permanent whereas Republicans set an expiration date. He cut taxes in several other areas. He ended the great recession Fox News was going ape**** over at the time. Argue with the methods all you want, the results stand. Obama too us from a Republican Great Recession to a booming economy. If you want to give Trump credit for everything after he was elected fine, but I am going to do the same for Obama.
    What exactly was 'booming' about Obamas economy?
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Obama ushered in an era of bailouts and too big to fail. He had a fed that has now set a precedent of forever low interest rates that Trump wishes to continue.

We have all time corporate, personal, and national debt that has resulted in meager growth.

Well done!
    W Bush is offended by your erasure of his legacy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    He was awful too.

I was responding to cajuns slurping of Obama

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    W Bush is offended by your erasure of his legacy.
    yeah, weird how the term too big to fail happened before Obama

but it's Obama that ushered it in

weird
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    What exactly was 'booming' about Obamas economy?

Real median household income was at an all time high. Cumulative economic results since his inauguration till late 2016 the stock market +180%, auto sales +85%, home prices +24%, Real GDP +15%, number of jobs +8%, number of Americans without health insurance -40%. Non farm job creation averaged 200,000 for the 73 months from October 2010 till October 2016. Unemployment went from 10% at the height of the Bush recession to under 5% under Chairman Obama.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 09-06-2019 at 07:05 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Chris Lu
    @ChrisLu44

Farm loan delinquencies are at a record high at Wisconsin community banks.

Delinquencies have more than doubled in Wisconsin since January 2017

and are higher than in any of the top 10 farm states.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    yeah, weird how the term too big to fail happened before Obama

but it's Obama that ushered it in

weird

Also ignoring the fact that McCain was going to do it too as he and Obama agreed not to campaign against the bailouts because they knew they were necessary but not popular.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    He was awful too.

I was responding to cajuns slurping of Obama

I am just trying to show you and thethe what the filter you put on politics is like when used for the other side. Trump is everything bad said about him and worse. It's sad that you and thethe defend this clown show. Whether he wins or loses some bad **** is going to come from this next election. A large part of me does just want to see the world burn so I dont really give a **** as long as I can smoke some blunts in the privacy of my own home after a hard nights work.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Also ignoring the fact that McCain was going to do it too as he and Obama agreed not to campaign against the bailouts because they knew they were necessary but not popular.
    Much of the financial maneuvering to stave off complete economic collapse was not partisan in the least and the sniping at it was just an easy way to gain points with certain segments of the population. The technocrats essentially laid out what was necessary and there was no real choice in the matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I am just trying to show you and thethe what the filter you put on politics is like when used for the other side. Trump is everything bad said about him and worse. It's sad that you and thethe defend this clown show. Whether he wins or loses some bad **** is going to come from this next election. A large part of me does just want to see the world burn so I dont really give a **** as long as I can smoke some blunts in the privacy of my own home after a hard nights work.
    I am not a supporter of Trump of but am simply not ignorant of data and context

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    You mean like how I am not a supporter of Obama but am simply not ignorant of data and context? Maybe you can quote me some pro-Obama posts of mine that arent about data and context. Might be some, doubt there are many.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Real median household income was at an all time high. Cumulative economic results since his inauguration till late 2016 the stock market +180%, auto sales +85%, home prices +24%, Real GDP +15%, number of jobs +8%, number of Americans without health insurance -40%. Non farm job creation averaged 200,000 for the 73 months from October 2010 till October 2016. Unemployment went from 10% at the height of the Bush recession to under 5% under Chairman Obama.
    Real median household income - Quantitative easing

Stock Market - Free money because of low interest rates

Home prices - See above

Jobs - Read about Obamas bit economy

Health Insurance - Forced

Its as if you have literally no clue about anything but are just listing highlights off of a pro-Obama site.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    You mean like how I am not a supporter of Obama but am simply not ignorant of data and context? Maybe you can quote me some pro-Obama posts of mine that arent about data and context. Might be some, doubt there are many.
    You've been slurping him for a month now in your White Knight mission to tell us how scary the orange man is.

Posting raw numbers out of a recession is useless.

It was the worst recovery in US history

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Real median household income - Quantitative easing

Stock Market - Free money because of low interest rates

Home prices - See above

Jobs - Read about Obamas bit economy

Health Insurance - Forced

Its as if you have literally no clue about anything but are just listing highlights off of a pro-Obama site.

So I take it you disagree with President Trump that we should still be doing quanative easing?

Let me see if I understand correctly. You are blaming policies by Obama and those appointed by him for the data that shows the economy was booming by the time Trump won. Half of what you listed are policies Trump is currently advocating for....Convential wisdom says you lower interest rates and flood the market with money when the economy is bad.... such as a Great Recession and raise interest rates back to normal and cut debt spending when the economy is great. Trump wants to keep flooding the market and that's going to lead to a huge ass bubble. Cycle wise we should have had a recession before Obama left office. Trumps using a bunch of short term moves that are going to make that next bubble/recession much worse. Few people understand or care about the context of why the economy is bad. Whoever is around for the crash is going to get the blame because that's how politics works.

It’s over."