Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    yep

wow, a roadblock -- a problem that will need a solution
    as opposed to " business as usual" a solution in search of a problem

I'm sure the Ryan led House of Representatives will find a way
    once they finish re litigating Benghazi
    And your SS and retirement pay is going to suffer mightily.

I hope you are happy with that.

You do know with the increase prices are going to be higher, a lot higher, in that will negate that increase. I just hope the families that invested their life savings into a business have an alternative plan when the big business will take them out unless they do the work all themselves and some of them are in their 60's and 70's and rely on teenagers to help out.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    One of those stunts worked like a charm. You think the DNC baited Trump with that Gold Star Muslim family?
    Wow, I absolutely cannot believe that MSNBC didn't treat both of those speeches as being equally effective? Eh, not really, the are the Fox and Friends of the Left and they're an entire network.

Since any reasonable person ought to already know that BOTH of these speeches were carefully selected and choreographed weapons to influence public opinion, especially the opinion of their own voting base, shouldn't we ask which one worked best, as far as that public and/or voting opinion goes?

What have the polls said? What about Luntz? What did he say about how they each influenced what people think (I realize those last 3 words are totally inappropriate when used together like that)? Anybody seen any numbers?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The millineal generation is a such a joke because they've been given everything their entire life and expect everything given to them. I suppose it's our parents fault for raising us this way... gotta make sure everyone gets a trophy.
    Dude you're a ****ing millenial. Stop being such a pretentious cunt. When you buy into this effectively classist argument (younger generations suck because blah blah blah) you're falling into a classic moronic trap that's designed to devalue a generation and therefor make them work less. It's happened for a long time.

Want to know who was coddled, the baby boomers, the people who run the world. War generations passed all kinds of laws to make life so much easier. They added massive amounts of debt to pay off to invest to make things easier for their generation. That generation then went on to ravage the environment, ship jobs overseas to pad the top 1%'s wallet and so on so forth. Stop buying into classist bull**** and realize we're all in this together.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-03-2016), keithlaw (08-03-2016), Metaphysicist (08-03-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Wow, I absolutely cannot believe that MSNBC didn't treat both of those speeches as being equally effective? Eh, not really, the are the Fox and Friends of the Left and they're an entire network.

Since any reasonable person ought to already know that BOTH of these speeches were carefully selected and choreographed weapons to influence public opinion, especially the opinion of their own voting base, shouldn't we ask which one worked best, as far as that public and/or voting opinion goes?

What have the polls said? What about Luntz? What did he say about how they each influenced what people think (I realize those last 3 words are totally inappropriate when used together like that)? Anybody seen any numbers?
    The same except Benghazi, outside of Fox World, i s not an issue and Trump does propose banning,monitoring,profiling and in generaly ostracize Muslims . The religion practiced by Kahn and his family.

Surprised you didn't have an opinion about Ailes , the culture at Fox and his legacy of creating a false narrative favoring right wing politics.
    Limbaugh,O'Reilly Hannity etal
    Birtherism, Iraq War etc
    Swiftboating John Kerry...

etc etc etc

oh, I forgot Climate Science
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-03-2016 at 10:03 AM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Dude you're a ****ing millenial. Stop being such a pretentious cunt. When you buy into this effectively classist argument (younger generations suck because blah blah blah) you're falling into a classic moronic trap that's designed to devalue a generation and therefor make them work less. It's happened for a long time.

Want to know who was coddled, the baby boomers, the people who run the world. War generations passed all kinds of laws to make life so much easier. They added massive amounts of debt to pay off to invest to make things easier for their generation. That generation then went on to ravage the environment, ship jobs overseas to pad the top 1%'s wallet and so on so forth. Stop buying into classist bull**** and realize we're all in this together.
    I agree man. The blame should be laid on the boomers and our parents... They spent crap tons of money, sent us to dozens of wars, started social security and medicare, and gave us a beautiful housing collapse right as we graduate school.

That doesn't mean the end result is different... they coddled us from day one. And now we're a bunch of lazy, entitled pricks who want everything for free. I recognize that every generation thinks younger generations are terrible... but the folks I interact with everyday are scary. They want 6 figure paying jobs with 6 weeks of vacation and no formal training. And those are the good ones - the ambitious ones.

Yes - I'm a millenial. But you don't see me crying on facebook and twitter to forgive my student debt or that I should have free health care. Watch the video I posted... we have a bunch of 57's running around and they will soon be our leaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    yep

wow, a roadblock -- a problem that will need a solution
    as opposed to " business as usual" a solution in search of a problem

I'm sure the Ryan led House of Representatives will find a way
    once they finish re litigating Benghazi
    Do you support raising taxes on the middle class.

And also - do you think the middle class - the people - would support a substantial tax raise?

That is what is needed to start doing your plans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Good lord what time is it ???

You are spot on about everything except your characterization of Sturg.
    As a boomer I can relate with Sturg's frustration with the group sociologist lump him in.

****t Z, I agree with you and defend Sturg all at once :)
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Do you support raising taxes on the middle class.

And also - do you think the middle class - the people - would support a substantial tax raise?

That is what is needed to start doing your plans.

Whoa Big Fella -- you just took the alphabet from B-K skipping letters C-J

I explained earlier how that doesn't have to be the case.
    We'll have to see what proposals make the table (A)

(B) unless we get a new Congress all of this talk is wasted ether
    (C) should there be a Congress willing to deal there are still letters L-Z

At this stage of not only the proposal but our conversation the people in charge are charting goals
    What goals came out of RNC?
    Yours if I remember right are "Economic Freedom"

I have heard 3 different posters say how it couldn't be done and there is no sense even setting a goal of dealing with a living wage.
    Of the three if I am not mistaken you are against any raise, the other two, have only thrown stones but took no stand
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-03-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-03-2016)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    While I'm not a fan of gov't subsidies in general, I wish the national conversation would revolve around a reworked EITC rather than the (ridiculous) minimum wage.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    The same except Benghazi, outside of Fox World, i s not an issue and Trump does propose banning,monitoring,profiling and in generaly ostracize Muslims . The religion practiced by Kahn and his family.

Surprised you didn't have an opinion about Ailes , the culture at Fox and his legacy of creating a false narrative favoring right wing politics.
    Limbaugh,O'Reilly Hannity etal
    Birtherism, Iraq War etc
    Swiftboating John Kerry...

etc etc etc
    I think I've already made my opinion about Benghazi clear, it was a terrible tragedy and yet more mismanagement at the top, but if y'all want to start REAL proceedings to try and punish those in charge of this fiasco I am totally fine with it, but I won't go along with burning Hilldog at the stake for this clusterpfark while ignoring all the totally patriotic BS that W and Vlad did or just allowed to happen during their 8 years. This is one of those things that comes from assigning "pure patriotism and therefore "blanket Carte Blanche" to politicians. "Oh you can't question X about this issue, that would make you look unpatriotic since we KNOW X would never do anything wrong and .....". Just another chapter in the Political Partisanship for Dummies book series and its sister book series, the Political Gotchas for Every Occasion series.

I don't want Hilldog in the White House any more than they do, but I also don't want Trump in there either. Trump isn't right about all that much, but he is right, the system is rigged, it's just that if those who are angry about that would dig a little deeper they'd see that it isn't rigged for good or evil, it's rigged to keep the rich rich and getting constantly richer, while destroying what's left of the middle class and one lie is covered by an even bigger lie.

I've already told Repubs here how NOT to beat Hilldog, but they can't get past their Faux/Talk Radio programming to go for the Benghazi and Email stuff. What sells programming on Faux/Talk Radio doesn't win in November, but nobody cares.

As for Ailes, I've long though he and Murdoch and the Kochs and Soros and all billionaire types who want to run not only their company but the entire country into the ground while they have us all dancing around as they pull the strings are aholes and we'd be better off as a nation if we captured them, put them on a nice private island somewhere never to return. As for Ailes specifically, speaking as someone with a pretty daughter I know about how guys like him treat attractive females and I think justice in his case would be to lock him in a room with the ones he's treated that way for decades and let them get some payback.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    While I'm not a fan of gov't subsidies in general, I wish the national conversation would revolve around a reworked EITC rather than the (ridiculous) minimum wage.
    Probably makes more sense. I think the old Friedman/McGovern guaranteed annual income is probably the way to go. Provide some of that in the form of services to low-income folks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-03-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I think I've already made my opinion about Benghazi clear, it was a terrible tragedy and yet more mismanagement at the top, but if y'all want to start REAL proceedings to try and punish those in charge of this fiasco I am totally fine with it, but I won't go along with burning Hilldog at the stake for this clusterpfark while ignoring all the totally patriotic BS that W and Vlad did or just allowed to happen during their 8 years. This is one of those things that comes from assigning "pure patriotism and therefore "blanket Carte Blanche" to politicians. "Oh you can't question X about this issue, that would make you look unpatriotic since we KNOW X would never do anything wrong and .....". Just another chapter in the Political Partisanship for Dummies book series and its sister book series, the Political Gotchas for Every Occasion series.

I don't want Hilldog in the White House any more than they do, but I also don't want Trump in there either. Trump isn't right about all that much, but he is right, the system is rigged, it's just that if those who are angry about that would dig a little deeper they'd see that it isn't rigged for good or evil, it's rigged to keep the rich rich and getting constantly richer, while destroying what's left of the middle class and one lie is covered by an even bigger lie.

I've already told Repubs here how NOT to beat Hilldog, but they can't get past their Faux/Talk Radio programming to go for the Benghazi and Email stuff. What sells programming on Faux/Talk Radio doesn't win in November, but nobody cares.

As for Ailes, I've long though he and Murdoch and the Kochs and Soros and all billionaire types who want to run not only their company but the entire country into the ground while they have us all dancing around as they pull the strings are aholes and we'd be better off as a nation if we captured them, put them on a nice private island somewhere never to return. As for Ailes specifically, speaking as someone with a pretty daughter I know about how guys like him treat attractive females and I think justice in his case would be to lock him in a room with the ones he's treated that way for decades and let them get some payback.
    If that is your opinion of Benghazi then why was the Smith woman on the stage if it wasn't to exploit a false narrative ?
    Do you recognize the apples v oranges aspect of comparing her speech and Kahns?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I agree man. The blame should be laid on the boomers and our parents... They spent crap tons of money, sent us to dozens of wars, started social security and medicare, and gave us a beautiful housing collapse right as we graduate school.

That doesn't mean the end result is different... they coddled us from day one. And now we're a bunch of lazy, entitled pricks who want everything for free. I recognize that every generation thinks younger generations are terrible... but the folks I interact with everyday are scary. They want 6 figure paying jobs with 6 weeks of vacation and no formal training. And those are the good ones - the ambitious ones.

Yes - I'm a millenial. But you don't see me crying on facebook and twitter to forgive my student debt or that I should have free health care. Watch the video I posted... we have a bunch of 57's running around and they will soon be our leaders
    I've seen that video before.

Listen I'm not saying there aren't stupid and entitled people in the millennial generation. Because there are stupid and entitled people in every generation. Some people are stupid and entitled. The Free College push has come thanks to the University Industrial Complex. Because so many jobs "require" a degree that don't really need it. So what happens is the market essentially requires people to get a degree, if you don't you can't get a "good" job. What used to be a high school degree requirement is becoming a college degree requirement, and the reaction is if it's essentially compulsory then why not make it free? The better reaction for those of us who're responsible is to ditch the requirements. You do not need a 4 year Computer Sciences degree to work in level 1 or 2 IT support. Hell one of the best techs I know has a GED because most tech knowledge comes from practice.

Hoenstly I hate the idea that people are lazy now but weren't years ago. Some people are lazy now, for sure. But most people work hard now adays. They make work one or 2 jobs to make ends meet. I know few people who're truly entitled.

As far as healthcare goes. That's the world we live in, we live in a world where universal healthcare has been proven to be beneficial and cost effective.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-03-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Not really following you, sorry. It's pretty clear which one worked best. The Khan attack was probably effective but it would've blown over if Trump had ignored it or shown more discretion and skill responding to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    I've seen that video before.

Listen I'm not saying there aren't stupid and entitled people in the millennial generation. Because there are stupid and entitled people in every generation. Some people are stupid and entitled. The Free College push has come thanks to the University Industrial Complex. Because so many jobs "require" a degree that don't really need it. So what happens is the market essentially requires people to get a degree, if you don't you can't get a "good" job. What used to be a high school degree requirement is becoming a college degree requirement, and the reaction is if it's essentially compulsory then why not make it free? The better reaction for those of us who're responsible is to ditch the requirements. You do not need a 4 year Computer Sciences degree to work in level 1 or 2 IT support. Hell one of the best techs I know has a GED because most tech knowledge comes from practice.

Hoenstly I hate the idea that people are lazy now but weren't years ago. Some people are lazy now, for sure. But most people work hard now adays. They make work one or 2 jobs to make ends meet. I know few people who're truly entitled.

As far as healthcare goes. That's the world we live in, we live in a world where universal healthcare has been proven to be beneficial and cost effective.
    I don't think we disagree much. But it seems the generation doesn't understand the solutions. All I hear is - free education, free healthcare, raised minimum wage, and tax the 1%

That's not going to work.

You're right about university costs. Additional factors include things like easy access to federal money, and the insane amenities that universities now build because you have to in order to get these entitled kids to come to your school... all that costs money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I don't think we disagree much. But it seems the generation doesn't understand the solutions. All I hear is - free education, free healthcare, raised minimum wage, and tax the 1%

That's not going to work.

You're right about university costs. Additional factors include things like easy access to federal money, and the insane amenities that universities now build because you have to in order to get these entitled kids to come to your school... all that costs money
    But they've been building those insane amenities for years. It's because their goals are to attract more students. Not because I do think you're right about federal money. I have a relatively simple solution to all that. Government spends about 35 BIllion in pell grants now. If they took that money and spent it on federal schools instead. So basically theoretically they build 1 school per state with extras in some of the bigger states. The cost of th eland and hiring staff etc. Has to be below the current level of spending when it's all said and done. Those universities accept the top students who apply, and that's it. That's your motivation, if you want to go to school get the grades you need to go to these free federal schools, or how many of the states offer cheap or free state schools for top students. The issue again is that these schools want money and use everything at their disposal to get it. I don't blame them, but it's the issue and it's coming to a head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    One of those stunts worked like a charm. You think the DNC baited Trump with that Gold Star Muslim family?
    I don't think that was the main point of the stunt, but I do think they hoped he would respond in a Trump way.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I don't think that was the main point of the stunt, but I do think they hoped he would respond in a Trump way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Well, Melania told me she was legal, and that's all I know.