Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piece of **** billionaire that made the country worse died

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Amazon Forest produces more than 80 percentage the world’s oxygen and is home to more than half of the world’s species of plants, animals and insects.

It has been burning for 3 weeks and we have just found out about it!

The lungs of the Earth are on fire.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1VB1BY
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    These planetary conditions mimicked closely what scientists had tried to warn the public about 30 years ago, when they first sounded the alarm on climate change. They were also the warnings Koch worked most of his career to make sure the American public never accepted, nor did anything about.

At the time of his death, David Koch was one of the richest men in the world, having amassed a fortune of approximately $49 billion through his part-ownership of his oil tycoon father’s business, Koch Industries. Along with his brother Charles Koch, he used that fortune to fund a powerful yet secretive right-wing libertarian movement, known by its critics as the Koch network.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1548...-changed-world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This vast conglomerate has a deplorable record for breaking environmental regulations and illegal pollution. A Koch Industries subsidiary paid a landmark $35 million penalty in January 2000 for its three hundred oil spills in Texas and five other states. There is a catalogue of other fines paid by Koch industries for assorted environmental violations and, for instance, stealing oil from Federal and Indian land. The Koch brother have not held back from using their political influence to evade such penalties: in April 2001 after Koch helped to elect George Bush in 2000, the Bush Justice Department abruptly settled a criminal case with $350 million in penalties that Koch faced for discharging toxic chemicals from a refinery in Corpus Cristi, Texas.

It might come as no surprise then that the Koch brothers devote a considerable portion of their enormous income to funding a political campaign against every kind of environmental or other regulation that might get in the way of their huge profits. In fact the Koch brothers disguise this with a smokescreen of philanthropic donation to prestige institutions like the Smithsonian but they have also used their money to create an extensive network of think tanks, foundations, lobbyists and tame politicians which has been called “the Kochtopus”.

https://www.campaigncc.org/climate_c...eptics/funders

Jane Mayer, meanwhile, has written a landmark article for New Yorker magazine which describes the critical role they have played instigating and funding the Tea Party movement, especially through their front group ‘Americans for Progress’ George Monbiot describes the Tea Party as the way the Koch brothers have found to "persuade the people harmed by [their] agenda that it's good for them."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    No one is saying you have to be sad and mourn Koch. But the gleeful celebration of a man's death because you disagree with his politics is just disgusting.

You can think he was completely wrong in everything he believed. You can think he did enormous damage to the country if you want. But that's not reason to wish for his death and celebrate it.

Seriously people. Develop some empathy.
    yeah, you should just forget everything bad they did with their time on the planet and forget how much good things could be done while being a billionaire and overlook what he actually tried to do with his short amount of time with absurd wealth that honestly no one needs

but other than pearlmans tweet no one has been gleeful in this thread it seems

it was created for "freedom" boy to show tweet examples of people being gleeful though and him not derail other threads with his fake outrage over people with 34 followers tweeting ****
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    David Koch Still on Wrong Side of River Styx After Refusing to Pay One-Cent Ferry Tax

STYX — Recently deceased billionaire and libertarian political donor David H. Koch was reportedly still camped on the edge of the river Styx this morning, unable to reach the afterlife after refusing to pay the required one-cent fee to access the ferry.

“I don’t see why there needs to be a blanket fee for everybody when we could simply allow the market to determine a fair price,” said Koch, shivering over a small fire at the edge of the ancient river that separates the mortal world from the realm in which all human souls rest together in eternity, free from pain and worry. “I see a lot of profit to be made here.”

Koch also voiced his displeasure at the state of the boat itself, a flat wooden ferry pushed along by Charon, the boatman whose sole purpose is to guide humans through the transition.

“This is what you get when you let the government in,” Koch said, pointing at the old boat where Charon waited to reunite Koch’s spirit with those of his beloved friends and family. “Open this market up, you’re going to get some investors down here and turn this whole operation around. I would be happy to pay a million or two for a nice yacht ride.”

Charon reportedly felt there had been a misunderstanding between himself and Koch.

“The coin is more like, you know, a metaphorical thing,” said Charon. “Giving up your worldly possessions so you can move into the afterlife on an equal footing with everyone else. That’s why we make it so cheap. I’m not sure if this guy really gets it.”

Koch brushed off concerns that a free market would raise the price beyond what most could afford.

“If people couldn’t afford a yacht they could swim. I think you could make it across,” he said, peering across the massive river. “Not me, of course. Poor people.”

lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    The Amazon Forest produces more than 80 percentage the world’s oxygen and is home to more than half of the world’s species of plants, animals and insects.

It has been burning for 3 weeks and we have just found out about it!

The lungs of the Earth are on fire.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1VB1BY
    You know that fire is nature’s way of controlling growth right?

It happens to forests... every single day.

Maybe you think posting this was going to put the fire out? Hard to tell
    Ivermectin Man

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I believe Mr. Koch donated $150M to the very cancer center that is treating RGB

Meanwhile, goldy - I don't need to post a thousand example of this to illustrate the glee the left is taking. You can read the title of this thread... but it's not hard to find, I promise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    You know that fire is nature’s way of controlling growth right?

It happens to forests... every single day.

Maybe you think posting this was going to put the fire out? Hard to tell
    Wait, David Koch didn't light the match?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    oh, you think a thread title that plays off your fake outrage over tweets from no bodies or bill maher is bad? lol

you really are a sensitive person. we might should put this whole thread in your dumb PC thread lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    No outrage here.

Just observing the left has lost its mind.

Mentally unwell people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    man, wait till you find out who is president then if you are worried about mental wellness

Look at this same person on the right

Last edited by goldfly; 08-24-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    yeah, you should just forget everything bad they did with their time on the planet and forget how much good things could be done while being a billionaire and overlook what he actually tried to do with his short amount of time with absurd wealth that honestly no one needs

but other than pearlmans tweet no one has been gleeful in this thread it seems

it was created for "freedom" boy to show tweet examples of people being gleeful though and him not derail other threads with his fake outrage over people with 34 followers tweeting ****
    I never said you should forget everything he's done. You can hate everything he's ever done. However, celebrating his death because his world view differed from yours is disgusting behavior. I don't think there's a man alive whose death I'd celebrate.

As for others who have been celebratory, just go on Twitter and search for Koch tweets. So many people on the left acting like they won the lottery.

As for celebs, in addition to Pearlman, you have Bette Midler, Maher, Stephen King, and I could name others.

Oddly enough the only person I've seen on the left come out against the celebrating is Alyssa Milano.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Add Tom Arnold to the list of celebrating celebs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Yeah it's pretty bad.

Kind of sad that's where we are. The right started this by letting the Tea Party's vitriol and rhetoric get into the mainstream, which paved the way for people like Alex Jones, Limbaugh, Hannity, Carlson, and Post-CNN Glenn Beck to control the tone of the party.

I am pretty sad that some of the left have stooped down to that level. But I'm also not surprised considering the person who currently occupies the Oval Office. I know we're supposed to be bigger than that, but at the same time as I said, I'm not surprised it's what's happening.

It's why I laugh and eyeroll when thethe says asinine things like Obama was a divisive figure who created divide and hateful rhetoric.
    Paul Ryan was being depicted as throwing granny off the cliff in DNC ads during the Tea Party elections and long before Trump was elected President.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Paul Ryan was being depicted as throwing granny off the cliff in DNC ads during the Tea Party elections and long before Trump was elected President.
    Lets just pretend that the left didn't compare Bush to evil incarnate every single day of his 8 years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Lets just pretend that the left didn't compare Bush to evil incarnate every single day of his 8 years.
    Do you remember all those 'effigies' of Bush that were hanged and burned? It seems that some do not.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Oh, you mean the guy who literally has a million+ dead peoples blood on his hands? That guy

Yeah, **** him

For freedom boy always upset about pc **** etc, he really sensitive on this topic for some reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Do you remember all those 'effigies' of Bush that were hanged and burned? It seems that some do not.

I mean, it makes more sense to be upset about the lies that killed a **** ton of people instead of hating a president for a tan suit or using a selfie stick or trying to get people healthcare

But sure, these are similar in the Fox News crowd eyes

False equivalency isn’t a good enough term for the comparison. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I never thought Bush was evil, just dumb. Cheney, evil.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR