Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie to third base??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    You know you've made it to the big time when they Google your username. Ask zito and brule about that happening at scout. Btw heathstone is awesome. Play that **** everyday.
    Hearthstone frustrates the hell out of me.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    Hey, I hate what the guy brings to this board as much as the next guy, but no jabs at the video game industry. I got a decent career in it and I love video games too. So it works out. Got to test out a Xbox One X dev kit last week. Beastly machine for a console.
    +1

Gaming is the best.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

PurpleBrave (06-21-2017)

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    That isn't the situation though. This move is really to move Adonis Garcia / Ruiz for Freeman, keeping Adams and Freeman in the same lineup.

The only question IMO is how well Freeman can handle 3B defensively. This idea that Freeman is somehow more at risk for injury playing 3B instead of 1B is nonsense, a nonissue.

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Just saw McAlpin post that Freddie is going to play LB for the Falcons once baseball season is over

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Freshmaker For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (06-22-2017), Garmel (06-21-2017), jpx7 (06-21-2017), Managuarantano's Volunteers (06-21-2017), Runnin (06-21-2017), Tapate50 (06-21-2017), The Chosen One (06-21-2017)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    When Freeman tears his ACL charging a slow roller every single member of the FO should be fired immediately and banned from the game.
    He could do that on a slow rolling bunt to 1B or how bout someone stepping on his Achilles at 1B or how bout a throw into the runner that reinjures his arm at 1B?! I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachoo View Post
    That isn't the situation though. This move is really to move Adonis Garcia / Ruiz for Freeman, keeping Adams and Freeman in the same lineup.

The only question IMO is how well Freeman can handle 3B defensively. This idea that Freeman is somehow more at risk for injury playing 3B instead of 1B is nonsense, a nonissue.
    I'm not really concerned that Freeman is slightly more likely to be injured at 3B. My concern is that the defense will be worse at two positions—and likely much worse at 3B—just to keep a guy in the lineup who is probably playing somewhere between "a bit" and "a lot" over his head offensively. And that's really, foremost, how I see this as similar to the Chipper-to-LF situation: the Braves, instead of pursuing a true corner-OF upgrade, tried to get cute, move Chipper, and pursue a "bargain" "upgrade" at 3B.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    I trust the Braves to make the right decision, even though I post on a message board and know everything they don't.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (06-22-2017), Freshmaker (06-21-2017), Runnin (06-22-2017), Tapate50 (06-21-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    I trust the Braves to make the right decision, even though I post on a message board and know everything they don't.
    I love these type of posts because they essentially say, "There is no point in ever discussing team decisions." If that's truly your position, you don't have to participate—or hell, you even can participate: just say, "I trust the organizational process," without the cute little addenda about how message-board rubes could never hope to have the clear-eyed infallibility of professional evaluators.

(And I'm not trying to single you out, mossy—these sorts of posts are just my absolute least favorite on these boards. I find them even more annoying than the Enscheff/anti-Enscheff derp derp butthurt? u gay bro cavalcade that seems to accompany every thread these days.)
    Last edited by jpx7; 06-21-2017 at 06:56 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

auyushu (06-21-2017), mossy (06-21-2017), sturg33 (06-22-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I love these type of posts because they essentially say, "There is no point in ever discussing team decisions." If that's truly your position, you don't have to participate—or hell, you even can participate: just say, "I trust the organizational process," without the cute little addenda about how message-board rubes could never hope to have the clear-eyed infallibility of professional evaluators.

(And I'm not trying to single you out, mossy—these sorts of posts are just my absolute least favorite on these boards. I find them even more annoying than the Enscheff/anti-Enscheff derp derp butthurt? u gay bro cavalcade that seems to accompany every thread these days.)
    I'm no bigot. I have never used "gay" as a put down. Nor do I use female comparisons to put someone down. If someone is stupid it's good enough to simply point that out.

And I agree, blindly agreeing with the so called authority on a subject is about as stick your head in the sand anti-intellectual as someone can be.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    We must also remember this is the same organization that thought HO could play 3b

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (06-22-2017), Prikichi (06-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    I'm no bigot. I have never used "gay" as a put down. Nor do I use female comparisons to put someone down. If someone is stupid it's good enough to simply point that out.

And I agree, blindly agreeing with the so called authority on a subject is about as stick your head in the sand anti-intellectual as someone can be.
    I should clarify: in my pastiche, you are the one saying "derp derp butthurt?" and your interlocutors reply "u gay bro?!" (as they frequently like to imply).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I should clarify: in my pastiche, you are the one saying "derp derp butthurt?" and your interlocutors reply "u gay bro?!" (as they frequently like to imply).
    I didn't imply he was gay. I just said he'd never known a woman's touch. And that was BEFORE we knew he played magic cards...

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    My point is that none of us know... even you. The game is played on the field. I love watching the games. I love cheering for the players. The statistics are a useful tool, but it is possible to become overdependent on them. I hope Adams proves you wrong. I don't know if he will, but it will be fun to find out.

It is cool that you have a hobby of analyzing data and trying to predict outcomes in baseball. I actually enjoy your analysis... right up to the point when you start name calling toward everyone who disagrees with you.
    Nicely said, without sniping.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jimsnores For This Useful Post:

mfree80 (06-22-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    I'm not really concerned that Freeman is slightly more likely to be injured at 3B. My concern is that the defense will be worse at two positions—and likely much worse at 3B—just to keep a guy in the lineup who is probably playing somewhere between "a bit" and "a lot" over his head offensively. And that's really, foremost, how I see this as similar to the Chipper-to-LF situation: the Braves, instead of pursuing a true corner-OF upgrade, tried to get cute, move Chipper, and pursue a "bargain" "upgrade" at 3B.
    You mean like Gary Sheffield?

That was 101 win team with a 90 million dollar payroll.

Castilla oddly enough hit .389 with a HR and tied for the team lead in RBI in the divisional series loss.

Braves couldn't hit Russ Ortiz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    We must also remember this is the same organization that thought HO could play 3b
    Well at least he was as a good hitter... off the field at least. His legal defense also sucked

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (06-28-2017), thewupk (06-21-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It needn't be, especially with Camargo and Ruiz as options this year, and literally any available actual 3B as an option going forward.
    I don't wanna see FF charging a bunt. It will be impossible for him to make that play.

I don't understand the move. It's not like we're in a pennant race this year.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-21-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I never realized before that FF played right handed in the field. Maybe he can be serviceable over there.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    This is not the Braves, Freddie says it was his idea. I am willing to believe him. It's no different than Vinny moving Chipper to left. In hindsight, that move probably cost Chipper 500 HRs and 3,000 hits because that seemed to be when the leg and back issues started. This is all Freddie and I can't see it hurting anything

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    Hearthstone frustrates the hell out of me.
    I evaluated its play model to see if it could have wagering attached to it. It was way too luck based for me to enjoy personally.

It is hilarious that someone googled my user name in order to find something to talk **** about though haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    My balls are huge.