Page 67 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2361

Thread: Impeachment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Trump lost by 3M votes and save foreign influence on 5 targeted districts we would be hearing how HRC should be impeached for xyz

Trump polling 40% mas o menos
    (R) polling in the low 30's. Hard to amass a sustainable mandate with numbers like that,

djt may get re elected, I dont know, but I will go out on a limb saying Ivanka,Don Jr or Eric will never sniff the Oval office or any other hall of American power once their father leaves.
    They will be sitting outside in the hall waiting with Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio and Chris Christie
    Those damn Facebook adds!

Oh yeah and revealing the truth about the DNC and HRC. Cant have the American people know that. Damn russian (unproven) interference. Americans are supposed to be in the dark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm glad you are finally acknowledging the establishment that Trump ran against and won. The momentum is too strong. It cannot be stopped. After the next four years dont expect to see the last of the trump presidents.
    You have to be clowning. You can't be serious in that being a desire of yours.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You have to be clowning. You can't be serious in that being a desire of yours.
    I want the policy positions to be continued. I dont trust any Republicans. The trump presidency has been an undeniable success and whatever it takes to continue that agenda I support.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-14-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I want the policy positions to be continued. I dont trust any Republicans. The trump presidency has been an undeniable success and whatever it takes to continue that agenda I support.
    Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the most un-American thing ever said on this forum. This cult of personality is how democracy dies and facism replaces it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (11-14-2019), Runnin (11-14-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the most un-American thing ever said on this forum. This cult of personality is how democracy dies and facism replaces it.
    Facism by reducing government.

This is how america got stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Facism by reducing government.

This is how america got stupid.
    You're advocating eternal DT presidency via his kids taking over for him. So I'm assuming in thethe's perfect america, Donny Jr., Ivanka, and Eric take over then by then Barron should be old enough to run for office, so you're advocating without violating the constitution, 40 years of Trump presidency. Of course that's ignoring the possibility of people like Kushner, or the Forgotten Trump Tiffany, and then the reign of the grand children. You're a god damned fool.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-15-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're advocating eternal DT presidency via his kids taking over for him. So I'm assuming in thethe's perfect america, Donny Jr., Ivanka, and Eric take over then by then Barron should be old enough to run for office, so you're advocating without violating the constitution, 40 years of Trump presidency. Of course that's ignoring the possibility of people like Kushner, or the Forgotten Trump Tiffany, and then the reign of the grand children. You're a god damned fool.
    If they or any candidate has the same policy positions? Yeah, I'll take more of this prosperity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    If they or any candidate has the same policy positions? Yeah, I'll take more of this prosperity.
    You're a god damned fool.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-15-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're a god damned fool.
    Such a fool to want your policy preferences to be put in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Such a fool to want your policy preferences to be put in place.
    And you cant have that with Pence? I dont like him but he isnt a raving lunatic.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

yeah, if the most corrupt administration gets reelected there is going to be big problems.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    https://apnews.com/ef4ca38f1cf047b4ab329d1457f41392

And a second witness to phone call between Trump and Sondland admitting QPQ comes forward.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    How do you think it will bode for the Democrats if the impeachment fails?
    Not sure what you mean exactly. If the Senate fails in the vote to remove Trump or if the House fails in the vote to impeach? I still think something could happen one way or the other to swing public opinion.

If the House somehow fails in the vote to impeach, that would look bad for the Dems for sure. If they make a convincing case and public opinion supporting removal continues to rise, I don't think it hurts the Dems if the Senate fails to remove. That's all on the GOP and it will be like a giant klieg light shining down on them and their criminal. He would look so good in an orange jump suit, you have to admit.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The new Sondland phone call was unexpected.

So he called the Prez in public on an unsecure phone and then openly admitted to key facts implicating the illegal plot. The level of cavalier incompetence is embarrassing. Americans used to be smarter. These are either some of the dumbest people around or this really is a grand scheme written by Aaron Sorkin and funded by George Soros.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Something that needs to be pointed out. A quid pro quo deal is not a crime. It's not even a bad act in and of itself. Quid pro quo is the basis of all diplomacy. The US and throughout its history used foreign aid as a means leveraging what it wants out of foreign governments. For the past 20 years we've been using the threat of withholding foreign aid in order to get countries to crack down on terrorism within their borders.

This is how the world works. Trump could have hung a sign outside the White House announcing to the world that he was threatening to withhold aid from the Ukraine unless the Ukraine bowed to his demands and that would have been not even close to a bad act, much less a crime or impeachable offense.

The question is not whether there was a quid pro quo arrangement, the question is whether Trump was using illegitimately using official power to extract a personal gain from a foreign power.

There is one very important question in this. Did Trump actually believe there was corruption that needed investigating? If he actually believed this, then he was withholding aid to try to get a foreign country to investigate corruption he believed existed. This probably makes his act legitimate. Prioritization of what corruption a President wants investigated is a matter of discretion. The fact that a President could be motivated by selfish reasons to have certain corruption investigated does not make a difference. You don't gain immunity from investigation of your bad acts just because you're a political opponent of the president.

If he didn't think there was any corruption and he was trying to get a trumped up investigation of the Bidens, then there's a problem. Using official power to leverage a foreign country to start a bogus investigation would be a problem.

There may be other issues about whether a President has to report to Congress about withholding earmarked funds but it would be silly to consider that an impeachable offense. Not every power squabble between the president and Congress is grounds for impeachment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Another possibility: chosen one knew there was corruption in Ukraine but didn't have the slightest interest in supporting a robust anti-corruption policy. If he was perhaps he would have expressed an interest in some cases other than the ones involving the Bidens. Sometimes you have to listen for the dog that didn't bark.

It also bears noting that chosen one's cronies (err representatives) such as Perry, Giuliani, Parnas and Fruman seemed more interested in aligning themselves with the more corrupt and disreputable elements of Ukrainian society. We don't have to get into the details of what all his cronies did. His own actions are sufficiently damning. He removed an ambassador based on a smear campaign from corrupt people who were upset at her work against corruption. It seems very much the case that chosen one was not only uninterested in rooting out corruption but indeed very much interested in aligning himself with the corrupt and seeing what he could get out of that.

Final point: I don't think this is the case but even if chosen one had a legitimate desire to root out corruption (and here some rolling of the eyes is appropriate), it is not legitimate to use that as cover to strongarm a vulnerable country into participating in a disinformation campaign aimed at the American voter. It bears noting that his real ask was for a public announcement of an investigation of the Bidens (in the words of Bill Taylor chosen one wanted Zelenskyy in a "public box"). That is different from an investigation itself. It is a distinction worth remembering. Serious investigations typically don't start with public naming of the targets by the president of a country.

We all know what went down and no amount of skillful lawyering (and so far I've only seen unskillful lawyering from chosen one's defenders) is going to obscure that.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-15-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Nunes just read the first phone call with Ukraine. It's hilarious. Zelensky really wants Trump to come. Trump says Ukraine always had great women in the miss universe pageant.

Trump also said he has many friends in Ukraine. Would love to hear more about these friends in Ukraine.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 11-15-2019 at 09:30 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Nunes just read the first phone call with Ukraine. It's hilarious. Zelensky really wants Trump to come. Trump says Ukraine always had great women in the miss universe pageant.

Trump also said he has many friends in Ukraine. Would love to hear more about these friends in Ukraine.
    I'm sure he has enlisted those friends in a robust anti-corruption campaign.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0d2e79f8a2b79

Simpsons writer mad at GOP for using sideshow Bob's defense. Lol.

It’s over."