Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Buster Posey
    @BusterPosey
    ·
    53m
    Great news for Phils fans. But shouldn’t every team be in a win-right-now mode? What is the point in showing up if you’re not trying to win? Thankful for being in an organization that wants to win!
    weird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Any chance AA talks snit into...

Markakis
    Acuna
    FF
    Donaldson
    Albies
    The rest?

Markakis' obp the last 4 years is .370, .346, .354, and .366. I think Markakis is more valuable to the braves at leadoff than cleanup
    AA said in a not so recent interview that he prefers Acuna at the top of the lineup, so it won't be him doing the convincing. I agree with you that I prefer Markakis leading off, though I'd switch JD and Acuna.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Buster Posey
    @BusterPosey
    ·
    53m
    Great news for Phils fans. But shouldn’t every team be in a win-right-now mode? What is the point in showing up if you’re not trying to win? Thankful for being in an organization that wants to win!
    I'm certain Buster is smart enough to realize that teams with the resources of Tampa, Milwaukee, KC, etc can't compete with teams like LA and NY on an annual basis, so I've decided this is a thinly veiled shot at the free agent markets of the past two offseasons.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (02-09-2019)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I'm certain Buster is smart enough to realize that teams with the resources of Tampa, Milwaukee, KC, etc can't compete with teams like LA and NY on an annual basis, so I've decided this is a thinly veiled shot at the free agent markets of the past two offseasons.
    Harper could have signed a 300 mil/10 year deal and turned it down. Manny could have easily if he signed as a third baseman, but wants to play SS where he sucks. I dunno....sounds more like the players wanting too much to me.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Yankees reportedly made a 7 or 8 year offer to Machado in the $220m area. I believe this was earlier this offseason and not sure if that’s still on the table.

He prefers the Yankees based on reports. I’d guess the Braves would need to be at around $250m to get the deal done.

So just confirming the braves will not be signing Machado or Harper
    Get off my lawn!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Any chance AA talks snit into...

Markakis
    Acuna
    FF
    Donaldson
    Albies
    The rest?

Markakis' obp the last 4 years is .370, .346, .354, and .366. I think Markakis is more valuable to the braves at leadoff than cleanup
    The correct answer is probably platooning the leadoff slot between Albies and Markakis.

If you don’t want to “waste” Acuna’s power, both guys are perfectly acceptable leadoff options when they have the platoon advantage.

Incarte doesn’t belong in the top half of the lineup unless a RHP is on the mound and Markakis isn’t playing. If Snit insists on batting Ender 1st then he should only bat 1st against RHP.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-09-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Against righties:

1. Inciarte CF
    2. Donaldson 3B
    3. Freeman 1B
    4. Acuna LF
    5. Markakis RF
    6. Albies 2B
    7. McCann C
    8. Swanson SS

Against lefties:

1. Albies 2B
    2. Donaldson 3B
    3. Freeman 1B
    4. Acuna CF
    5. Camargo RF
    6. Duvall LF
    7. Flowers C
    8. Swanson SS
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (02-09-2019), Garmel (02-09-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Against righties:

1. Inciarte CF
    2. Donaldson 3B
    3. Freeman 1B
    4. Acuna LF
    5. Markakis RF
    6. Albies 2B
    7. McCann C
    8. Swanson SS

Against lefties:

1. Albies 2B
    2. Donaldson 3B
    3. Freeman 1B
    4. Acuna CF
    5. Camargo RF
    6. Duvall LF
    7. Flowers C
    8. Swanson SS
    Pretty good.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    ONLY Riley, Pache, and an arm for Realmuto???

There are no words...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...he-scenes.html
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Behind the scenes mlbtrade rumors on jtr.

Said the ask was Riley plus Pache plus a pitcher. To me the article implied it wasn’t a huge ask. Mentioned it would break our system

I think that is a lot more than the successful Phillies package.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

There are no words...

Our top 2 position prospects and an arm. No thanks

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Our top 2 position prospects and an arm. No thanks
    We are basically being punished in trade negotiations due to our wealth of prospects. Our top two or three are significantly more valuable than anyone else’s. So when we get asked for our top two prospects, it’s a lot more value than anyone else’s top two. Which kinda sucks and teams need to realize just bc we have more to give, or that our prospects are more valuable, they’re not gonna get the same quantity of players as they would from someone else.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    We are basically being punished in trade negotiations due to our wealth of prospects. Our top two or three are significantly more valuable than anyone else’s. So when we get asked for our top two prospects, it’s a lot more value than anyone else’s top two. Which kinda sucks and teams need to realize just bc we have more to give, or that our prospects are more valuable, they’re not gonna get the same quantity of players as they would from someone else.
    I think it's more that teams doesn't want 3 pitching prospects back in a deal.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

There are no words...

As usual, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired. That’s not what the article said at all. There are no words...more like there is no comprehension.

“the team needed only to surrender two of Austin Riley, Cristian Pache, and one top pitching prospect (of which Atlanta has several: each of Mike Soroka, Ian Anderson, Touki Toussaint, Bryse Wilson, Kyle Wright, and Joey Wentz are top 100 prospects in at least one major outlet).”

The requirement was 2 of the names mentioned, a position player and a pitcher, and Albies was never really the ask.

I have a bit of a hard time understanding how AA couldn’t make this happen if they were truly willing to deal Riley. Someone like Wilson or Wentz should not prevent a trade for an impact player.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-09-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    As usual, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired. That’s not what the article said at all.

“the team needed only to surrender two of Austin Riley, Cristian Pache, and one top pitching prospect (of which Atlanta has several: each of Mike Soroka, Ian Anderson, Touki Toussaint, Bryse Wilson, Kyle Wright, and Joey Wentz are top 100 prospects in at least one major outlet).”

The requirement was 2 of the names mentioned, a position player and a pitcher, and Albies was never really the ask.

I have a bit of a hard time understanding how AA couldn’t make this happen if they were truly willing to deal Riley. Someone like Wilson should not prevent a trade for an impact player.
    Or... Rosenthal and others are being fed a story after the fact, designed to make AA look cheap and hope for a future overpay to avoid looking so again.

I don't know, but I do think things come out in the press that are designed to mislead and create a narrative, and we should be careful about hanging on every word that these guys write as though it were fact.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Or... Rosenthal and others are being fed a story after the fact, designed to make AA look cheap and hope for a future overpay to avoid looking so again.

I don't know, but I do think things come out in the press that are designed to mislead and create a narrative, and we should be careful about hanging on every word that these guys write as though it were fact.
    Everything we heard for months suggests the cost was going to be Riley plus an arm. It was consistent during the entire fiasco.

That’s exactly what the Marlins ended up getting, a position player and an arm...exactly what was reported the whole time.

Riley plus an arm lines up almost perfectly from a value point of view to what the Marlins actually got.

Or...a writer wants to make AA look “cheap”. Seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-09-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Everything we heard for months suggests the cost was going to be Riley plus an arm. It was consistent during the entire fiasco.
    All part of the negotiation strategy. My point stands. We don't know how much of it is true, and how much was pushing a narrative to try to make Jeter look brilliant and other GM's look cheap. In the end AA didn't take the bait and someone else did. The future will tell us which was the better strategy, not a series of "what happened" articles which certainly have a purpose.

Could all be true, but not guaranteed to be so.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    All part of the negotiation strategy. My point stands. We don't know how much of it is true, and how much was pushing a narrative to try to make Jeter look brilliant and other GM's look cheap. In the end AA didn't take the bait and someone else did. The future will tell us which was the better strategy, not a series of "what happened" articles which certainly have a purpose.

Could all be true, but not guaranteed to be so.
    Ok great.

I think intelli Braves know what it would have taken to get JTR.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    As usual, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired. That’s not what the article said at all. There are no words...more like there is no comprehension.

I have a bit of a hard time understanding how AA couldn’t make this happen if they were truly willing to deal Riley. Someone like Wilson or Wentz should not prevent a trade for an impact player.
    If that is the case it is not written well. Instead it should say Riley or Pache and an arm. I do not think the sentence is clear reading it four times now.

Still don’t think I’d do Riley and a top guy. Pache and Wentz/Wilson and I probably would bite.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    If that is the case it is not written well. Instead it should say Riley or Pache and an arm. I do not think the sentence is clear reading it four times now.

Still don’t think I’d do Riley and a top guy. Pache and Wentz/Wilson and I probably would bite.
    (Riley || Pache) && (Anderson || Wright || Wilson || pitcher)

Logically sound to me..2 players, 1 position and 1 pitcher. I suppose there are other ways to word it, but it seemed immediately clear to me.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-09-2019 at 01:16 PM.