Page 886 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3867868368768848858868878888969369861386 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,720 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I suspect that if Mr. Acosta had been equally respectful to President Obama when he was lying about his healthcare plan, the Benghazi YouTube video, or Fast and Furious, we would have heard a different tune from several posters here.
    Acosta and Trump deserve each other.

Acosta is a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    That white house aide is quite the looker.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Couldn't have said this better. Link to thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...102943232.html

------------------------------------------------

Carol Roth

Verified account

@caroljsroth
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Ok, here we go.
    *Tweetstorm ahead*

To preface my tweetstorm, for those of you who are new or don’t know me as well, a few points of clarification:

-This is not about any person or persons; it is just my general but frequent observations

-This is not meant to cause shame, it is meant to cause self-awareness and self-reflection. I am a problem-solver by nature, but you cannot solve problems without calling them out, and sometimes you just can’t sugar coat it.

My political standing: I consider myself an “individualist”. I support individual rights & limited govt. This means, I pick from both sides. I support the right to marry whomever you want from the left’s menu & not having the govt be a nanny from the right’s menu, for example.

I follow people from both sides & like people on both sides, & despite occasional foolishness on here, try to act in good faith. I have also been in media for nearly a decade on stations & programs that lean to both sides, so I feel like I have a decent sense of each side.

So, I say this with kindness and in the spirit of helping, but many of you- my friends, acquaintances and otherwise- on the left are acting in what may start with good intentions but is ultimately in bad faith and I don’t think you realize it.

There is hypocrisy & challenges on both sides, but whereas those on the right think those on the left have bad ideas, those of you on the left think (or at least act as if you think) the people on the right are bad people. We are never going to find solutions with this mindset.

I have seen this with gun advocacy. While you don’t have to be for the 2nd amendment, instead of understanding or even listening to arguments, you call anyone who supports the Constitution and the rights it protects killers with blood on their hands.

I have seen this with immigration. Instead of understanding the challenges of a broken system, you conflate illegal immigration with actual immigration and say those who don’t support open borders are heartless, racist and/or xenophobic.

I have seen this with women. You support all women—that is, until there are women who don’t think exactly like you do.

I have seen this with race- truly, you are the ones usually focused on race vs. merits of individuals.

I have seen this with taxes. Instead of listening to why people believe government is a poor steward of capital and that people believe there are other solutions to helping others, you make tax “cuts”- literally keeping more of your own money- a referendum on being a good person.

You call the right the party of rich old men when it suits you. When it doesn’t, they are a bunch of uneducated rednecks.

You call out the hate speech of fringe groups not even accepted on the right, while your actual leaders hang out with the likes of Farrakhan, unchallenged.

And on, and on, and on. You’ve completely lost the plot.

Even the media itself covers the same stories differently, depending on if the subject is on the right or the left. I have pointed out many examples of the past year.

I understand that most-if not all of you- don’t like the guy in the White House (disclosure: I didn’t vote for him, either). But, let’s be real. He may today have an R next to his name, but he’s not really a Republican (in fact, he was a lifelong Democrat until recently)...

...- but truthfully, he’s an anomaly & his election has to do with a whole bunch of separate factors that I can explain to you if need be. But this stuff didn’t start with him...

...You did the same thing to Mitt Romney and his supporters, who is basically the most vanilla, benign person in politics. You may remember it differently, but I was in the middle of it, and it was ugly.

I'm not saying that the right doesn’t give it back or have their problems. They do-but my observation is that they are finally speaking up after having the same kinds of rhetoric slammed down their throats-being called bad people instead of people w/ ideas that you don’t agree w

If we are going to move forward as a nation, it is critical for you to recognize this and to have a willingness to hear other people. You do not have to agree with their ideas. You do not have to like the people....

...But you must realize that by and large- with some exceptions, obviously- people are coming from a good place with good intentions and see the world differently.

That’s the only way we will remain the United States of America. And frankly, those of us in the middle, which I believe to be a large part of the country, are sick of this bickering and generally exhausted.

It doesn’t matter who is living in the White House- what moves us forward or backwards is up to us as individuals, together.

Again, this is not meant to offend but inform and I hope you will give me the courtesy of believing it comes from a good and worthwhile place. I am always happy to engage in constructive discussion if you engage the same way.

Thanks for reading.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-07-2018), Tapate50 (11-08-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trump about to get even more belligerent, if today was a prelude.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-08-2018)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I don’t care if he handed me a billion tax free on top of “his results on the ground”

His attacks on the constitution of the 1st amendment, his out right lying on everything and his help of the rise of white nationalists etc etc etc (I seriously don’t have the time to list the harm here and around the world)

I would still be against him

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (11-08-2018)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Acosta and Trump deserve each other.

Acosta is a joke
    You don't understand the job then.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I suspect that if Mr. Acosta had been equally respectful to President Obama when he was lying about his healthcare plan, the Benghazi YouTube video, or Fast and Furious, we would have heard a different tune from several posters here.
    Looks like you don't understand the job either. Blows my mind you supported Gore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Democrats still dont understand how to fight Trump. Thet should be out mocking Trump for being a snowflake who is so weao he cant even handle reporter questions. They should be calling him Saudi Arabia's bitch. They should be pressing this on all media they can get. When Trump lies they should say "fake news" and if asked further about it ask for proof what he said was true.

Democrats need to use Trumps trick of "many people are saying". For instance, ask Trump "Many people are commending you for having the first Gay vice President. I dont know if he us gay but many people are saying it. Everywhere I go people tell me Mike Pence is gat, like really gay, big, beautiful gay man, the best gay man to ever homosexual"
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Why would they do that ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Because letting Trump and Republicans bully them is a losing strategy. This isnt to appeal to you, your alrrady going to vote for Democrats. This is about chipping away at his base. They should be bringing up Trumps cowardice like he does Hillary's emails.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Glenn Thrush
    ‏Verified account @GlennThrush
    11h11 hours ago

The president lost the House, canned his AG, and picked a replacement

who apparently participated in a scam business and made questionable comments about Mueller.

WH picking a fight w/ the press to change the subject isn’t news — it’s a tactic to confuse the news.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Garrett Haake

Verified account

@GarrettHaake
    Follow Follow @GarrettHaake
    More Garrett Haake Retweeted Philip Rucker
    Every Republican voter I spoke to in Texas, without exception, mentioned the caravan & border security as motivating factors in their midterm vote.

and i'm supposed to refrain from calling these people stupid?
    they get played repeatedly by the simplest of tactics. they are morons.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Couldn't have said this better. Link to thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...102943232.html

------------------------------------------------

Carol Roth

Verified account

@caroljsroth
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Ok, here we go.
    *Tweetstorm ahead*

To preface my tweetstorm, for those of you who are new or don’t know me as well, a few points of clarification:

-This is not about any person or persons; it is just my general but frequent observations

-This is not meant to cause shame, it is meant to cause self-awareness and self-reflection. I am a problem-solver by nature, but you cannot solve problems without calling them out, and sometimes you just can’t sugar coat it.

My political standing: I consider myself an “individualist”. I support individual rights & limited govt. This means, I pick from both sides. I support the right to marry whomever you want from the left’s menu & not having the govt be a nanny from the right’s menu, for example.

I follow people from both sides & like people on both sides, & despite occasional foolishness on here, try to act in good faith. I have also been in media for nearly a decade on stations & programs that lean to both sides, so I feel like I have a decent sense of each side.

So, I say this with kindness and in the spirit of helping, but many of you- my friends, acquaintances and otherwise- on the left are acting in what may start with good intentions but is ultimately in bad faith and I don’t think you realize it.

There is hypocrisy & challenges on both sides, but whereas those on the right think those on the left have bad ideas, those of you on the left think (or at least act as if you think) the people on the right are bad people. We are never going to find solutions with this mindset.

I have seen this with gun advocacy. While you don’t have to be for the 2nd amendment, instead of understanding or even listening to arguments, you call anyone who supports the Constitution and the rights it protects killers with blood on their hands.

I have seen this with immigration. Instead of understanding the challenges of a broken system, you conflate illegal immigration with actual immigration and say those who don’t support open borders are heartless, racist and/or xenophobic.

I have seen this with women. You support all women—that is, until there are women who don’t think exactly like you do.

I have seen this with race- truly, you are the ones usually focused on race vs. merits of individuals.

I have seen this with taxes. Instead of listening to why people believe government is a poor steward of capital and that people believe there are other solutions to helping others, you make tax “cuts”- literally keeping more of your own money- a referendum on being a good person.

You call the right the party of rich old men when it suits you. When it doesn’t, they are a bunch of uneducated rednecks.

You call out the hate speech of fringe groups not even accepted on the right, while your actual leaders hang out with the likes of Farrakhan, unchallenged.

And on, and on, and on. You’ve completely lost the plot.

Even the media itself covers the same stories differently, depending on if the subject is on the right or the left. I have pointed out many examples of the past year.

I understand that most-if not all of you- don’t like the guy in the White House (disclosure: I didn’t vote for him, either). But, let’s be real. He may today have an R next to his name, but he’s not really a Republican (in fact, he was a lifelong Democrat until recently)...

...- but truthfully, he’s an anomaly & his election has to do with a whole bunch of separate factors that I can explain to you if need be. But this stuff didn’t start with him...

...You did the same thing to Mitt Romney and his supporters, who is basically the most vanilla, benign person in politics. You may remember it differently, but I was in the middle of it, and it was ugly.

I'm not saying that the right doesn’t give it back or have their problems. They do-but my observation is that they are finally speaking up after having the same kinds of rhetoric slammed down their throats-being called bad people instead of people w/ ideas that you don’t agree w

If we are going to move forward as a nation, it is critical for you to recognize this and to have a willingness to hear other people. You do not have to agree with their ideas. You do not have to like the people....

...But you must realize that by and large- with some exceptions, obviously- people are coming from a good place with good intentions and see the world differently.

That’s the only way we will remain the United States of America. And frankly, those of us in the middle, which I believe to be a large part of the country, are sick of this bickering and generally exhausted.

It doesn’t matter who is living in the White House- what moves us forward or backwards is up to us as individuals, together.

Again, this is not meant to offend but inform and I hope you will give me the courtesy of believing it comes from a good and worthwhile place. I am always happy to engage in constructive discussion if you engage the same way.

Thanks for reading.
    Perhaps you should heed the same advice instead of coming in here and ratcheting things up with the personal attacks. I respect your intellect and I decry anyone in here who resorts to consistent low blows, but your constant dismissal of any opinion to the left of the Paul clan is a bit ridiculous, which makes you posting this seem rather disingenuous. Free country and all, so post away.

As for Ms. Roth, much to agree with, but like many who didn't grow up in the 1950s and 1960s, she doesn't take a very long view of history. For all the potshots taken at Social Justice Warriors of today, there are a whole helluva lot of Social Injustice Warriors out there as well and the right in this country seems to give them a free pass. To me, it's all about expanding the franchise and that's why I am left-of-center.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (11-08-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Perhaps you should heed the same advice instead of coming in here and ratcheting things up with the personal attacks. I respect your intellect and I decry anyone in here who resorts to consistent low blows, but your constant dismissal of any opinion to the left of the Paul clan is a bit ridiculous, which makes you posting this seem rather disingenuous. Free country and all, so post away.

As for Ms. Roth, much to agree with, but like many who didn't grow up in the 1950s and 1960s, she doesn't take a very long view of history. For all the potshots taken at Social Justice Warriors of today, there are a whole helluva lot of Social Injustice Warriors out there as well and the right in this country seems to give them a free pass. To me, it's all about expanding the franchise and that's why I am left-of-center.
    I don't remember calling people racists and terrible people who likely raped women and should go ahead and die.

If you wanna show me where I said that, please do. I can show you where I've been called that numerous times on this very board

I mock bad ideas. I don't tell the people with those ideas to die

I think that was Roth's point.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    The left wing folks are the good guys... bc if you're not a leftist, you AND YOUR 4 kids deserve it

This is disgusting, and there is no defense for it. I think Tucker Carlson is an objectively bad human being, but going to a person’s home and intimidating his family is despicable behavior. We can’t both decry Trump for his rhetoric regarding “left wing mobs” and also act like a left wing mob.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-08-2018)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    I have no fear he is re-elected now if the other night's results are any indication. No R had an easy time of it. If Trump is going to play this way he will lose. If say Biden is the nominee PA goes blue, WI goes blue and it is game over for Trump. What I do fear is him not leaving with grace and dignity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    This is disgusting, and there is no defense for it. I think Tucker Carlson is an objectively bad human being, but going to a person’s home and intimidating his family is despicable behavior. We can’t both decry Trump for his rhetoric regarding “left wing mobs” and also act like a left wing mob.
    This has James O'Keefe written all over it

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Trump called on Acosta for the publicity stunt. He did that to show strength to his supporters, not because of anything Acosta has done. Acosta has been cordial with Trump supporters at rallies, and Trump is trying to continue demonizing the guy to give his base yet another distraction.
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Oh I feel so bad for tucker being a purposeful lying piece of ****

Oh wait
    No I don’t

But in real harassment news, Republicans gonna Republican:

https://bit.ly/2PgBVHH?cc=eacf3f0817...8e0ecd15a4a188
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Oh I feel so bad for tucker being a purposeful lying piece of ****

Oh wait
    No I don’t

But in real harassment news, Republicans gonna Republican:

https://bit.ly/2PgBVHH?cc=eacf3f0817...8e0ecd15a4a188
    Yes we all know you support your mobs