Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Brantley the new Braves outfielder?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Wow is that what this once proud franchise has come to now? An oft injured player and a guy who is nowhere near the player he was a few years ago has people here going nuts over them.
    Did you decide to look at the stats or just post without info like always? He played last year basically at the same level as his whole career before his long stint with one big injury that kept him out for a really long time that didn't seem to bother him at all ever since he got back to a 100%.

He had an .832 OPS in 2018 and has a career .781 OPS but isn't the player he was a few years ago? He only had one year that was clearly on another level and that was 2014 with a .890 ish OPS. He's not a star... we aren't looking for a star... As always you prove you don't follow baseball at all and don't care.
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 11-11-2018 at 12:57 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

TURBO (11-11-2018)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Did you decide to look at the stats or just post without info like always? He played last year basically at the same level as his whole career before his long stint with one big injury that kept him out for a really long time that didn't seem to bother him at all ever since he got back to a 100%.

He had an .832 OPS in 2018 and has a career .781 OPS but isn't the player he was a few years ago? He only had one year that was clearly on another level and that was 2014 with a .890 ish OPS. He's not a star... we aren't looking for a star... As always you prove you don't follow baseball at all and don't care.
    Did you bother to actually read my post or just make your asinine assumptions like you always do? I am speaking about both Brantley and McCutch. It’s laughable that you want either of these guys on the roster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Did you bother to actually read my post or just make your asinine assumptions like you always do? I am speaking about both Brantley and McCutch. It’s laughable that you want either of these guys on the roster.
    It's asinine that you believe that either of these guys aren't worth being on our roster. I did read... Brantley being oft injured is a tired narrative that isn't true. It was one serious injury that he has recovered from. Okay, Cutch isn't an MVP caliber candidate anymore... you know, just still really good... lol, you're an idiot

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    You do realize that Brantley is an upgrade over Markakis right?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    The difference between niner and clv is that niner is trying to be stupid, while it just happens naturally for clv.

Niner is pretty clearly just a guy who stops by every few days to stir the pot. I’m a little surprised he isn’t on everyone’s ignore list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Nickel and diming. The Braves way.

Most GMs ask for a list of free agents...ours has to ask for a list of players coming off major injury who may be a cheap fckn bargain to find lightning in a bottle.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Nickel and diming. The Braves way.

Most GMs ask for a list of free agents...ours has to ask for a list of players coming off major injury who may be a cheap fckn bargain to find lightning in a bottle.
    You realize the only FAs the Braves cant afford are the ones projected to sign record setting $350M+ contracts who will only be pursued by 4-5 teams, right? They are strongly linked to every valuable trade candidate and every other FA on the market.

As usual, a poorly thought out comment from the guy who has to sneak obscenities into his post.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 11-11-2018 at 12:28 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Super (11-12-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Maybe the Braves just promote a prospect then?

That would surely make you happy, right?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The difference between niner and clv is that niner is trying to be stupid, while it just happens naturally for clv.

Niner is pretty clearly just a guy who stops by every few days to stir the pot. I’m a little surprised he isn’t on everyone’s ignore list.
    And again, I'm the one with a complex. Really sad that you can't find better ways to spend your time.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    You do realize that Brantley is an upgrade over Markakis right?
    Maybe. Maybe not. Markakis is coming off his best season in awhile and there is no reason he can’t replicate something like that in 2019. I don’t dislike Brantley, but the sights need to be set a little higher than that in my opinion.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Maybe. Maybe not. Markakis is coming off his best season in awhile and there is no reason he can’t replicate something like that in 2019. I don’t dislike Brantley, but the sights need to be set a little higher than that in my opinion.
    Well Brantely had a better 2018 than Neck for one. And two Neck had a great 1st half but went back to hitting like his prior years in Atlanta in the 2nd half. So yeah I find don't think he comes close to repeating his 2018 overall

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    ........There is every reason in the world to believe that he won't repeat it in 2019.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (11-12-2018)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    ........There is every reason in the world to believe that he won't repeat it in 2019.
    Because he’s unfairly hated by this board. Makes total sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I don't wanna resign nick, but what is the reasoning that he won't repeat last season? Babip was .318 (career .317). He struck out less, but not a crazy number... 11.3% this season (13.2% career).

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't wanna resign nick, but what is the reasoning that he won't repeat last season? Babip was .318 (career .317). He struck out less, but not a crazy number... 11.3% this season (13.2% career).
    K rate was lower by a good amount the last few years. Iso was higher as well. ISO dropped to normal levels in the 2nd half and you saw normal neck production. He will have a 90 wrc+ next year. Just like the 2nd half of last year. Just like 2016 and 2017.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's one year older, the fact that he hadn't had an OPS over .746 since 2012, his late season regression... The metrics suggest that nothing he did last year was unusual, but you'd have to forgive me for trusting the past six years of data over a 4 month span where he was out of his mind. He's probably not gonna repeat last year. Or at least he isn't going to repeat the first 4 months of last year.

In all likelihood he'll be the same ~.740 OPS player that he has been since 2012. Is there a chance that he has another .800+? Sure, but to say it is likely is a bit silly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Neck was good for half the year. then he became the same exact player from the prior 3 years in the 2nd half. that's a great sign he won't do what he did for one half again.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-12-2018)