Page 187 of 215 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4300

Thread: 2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    One interesting thing I heard tonight is that Kasich has hired two more to his campaign staff, both who have experience in brokered conventions. Sounds to me Kasich realizes his only path is possibly through a brokered convention.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Time to go, Bernie.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Time to go, Bernie.
    What no one talks about is; what if all the young voters who were backing Bernie stayed home and didn't turn out to vote for Hillary. That could be interesting.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Great speech by Marco Rubio. We'll see him in a couple years I suspect, campaigning for Florida governor.

Watched it and I agree with you. And I hope we will.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    It wasn't that so much. He has a compelling personal narrative, but so do a lot of people.

His narrative was certainly there but I didn't think excessively. But it's in the ears of the listeners I suppose.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Chump says the same things at his speeches over and over again.

They all do - especially the less wonky ones.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Interesting thing in the returns. Actually looks like a real push on total votes cast between the Democratic side than the Republican side in North Carolina tonight. That hasn't been happening a lot.

Better turnout for the Ds in NC?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    What no one talks about is; what if all the young voters who were backing Bernie stayed home and didn't turn out to vote for Hillary. That could be interesting.
    As a Republican voter, that would delight me to no end. Not going to happen though. The Democrats are good at rallying around their candidate. Certainly better than the Republicans have the last two times. That is one of the big reasons I'm anti-Chump. Because many conservatives are going to stay home I'm afraid if Chump is the nominee. The Democrats will rally around Hillary, no matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Do what????????????????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Do what????????????????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    This is going to be an interesting few weeks in the Republican Party. I imagine in Washington tonight, there is some head-scratching and a feeling of "what happened". The establishment has been soundly defeated and the it's down to two guys who aren't well liked. And no, Kasich has no chance and if you think he does, you probably think Austin Peay has a chance to win the NCAA Tournament. Kasich now has two guys in his campaign who have experience in a brokered convention, so even Kasich realizes that is his only shot.

So where do the establishment guys turn to now? Assuming they ignore Kasich, which they should do, it's either the devil you know in Cruz or the devil you don't know in Chump. Even though they don't like Cruz, they will likely turn to him because of how Chump's unfavorable rating is among the voters is. So I imagine there will be more support coming for Ted Cruz in the coming weeks. The establishments realize that it's now or never if they want to stop Chump, because he's almost halfway to 1,237 and they are running out of time if they want to stop him. Of course, there will be those who will support Chump, but I think more will go to Cruz (I could be wrong, of course). Will it be enough to move Cruz past Chump and get him to 1,237? Not likely. But I think there is quite a few who are now hoping for a contested convention. If that happens, who knows what the outcome will be.

Also, now that he is out, does Marco Rubio make an endorsement soon? Don't know that. He may make an endorsement tomorrow or a month from now, or never. I don't suspect that any endorsement of his will go to Chump. Listening to his speech when he announced the suspension of his campaign, he told voters not to give in to anger and fear. That sounded like an anti-Chump soundbite. Also, a couple from his campaign took to Twitter and said it was time to rally behind Cruz.

There has been a lot of crazy things going on in this campaign, and more is to come.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Tough for Sanders.

I was hoping he'd win at least 2 of the 5. Wasn't surprised he got killed in NC and Florida. The Ohio result was disappointing. So close in Illinois and Mizz. He was actually leading in Mizzou up to like the 88% mark then the Clinton counties came in and she took the lead and built on it.

Even if he sweeps the Northeast (he lost in Mass), Clinton has too many pledged delegates for him to come back. I mean he won Michigan barely, but he'd have to start demolishing Clinton the way she did to him in the Southeast, to bring it back to par. And if Clinton winning Mass is any indication that the rest of the NE will be close, Sanders just doesn't have enough to get past her.

I suppose Sanders' role at this point is just to keep pulling Hillary left so she can satisfy some of the progressives.

But I know a lot of Sanders supporters that won't go out and vote for Hillary even if it means going against Trum.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    One of the more fanciful ways to stop Trump I've read about: Link

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    That will be her biggest challenge. She's really old news to millenials and she may not be able to do much about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Trump/Sanders 2016
    thank you weso1!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    One of the more fanciful ways to stop Trump I've read about: Link
    To this and CC's earlier post on what the Republican establishment may be thinking. There is talk of getting a conservative third party on the ballot for November. I think that puts Hillary in the White House, but it might save the Senate by getting more votes on the Right coming out to bolster the prospects down the ballot. The US House of Representatives will be Republican for the next 50 years or so, so that's probably not on the radar.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    To this and CC's earlier post on what the Republican establishment may be thinking. There is talk of getting a conservative third party on the ballot for November. I think that puts Hillary in the White House, but it might save the Senate by getting more votes on the Right coming out to bolster the prospects down the ballot. The US House of Representatives will be Republican for the next 50 years or so, so that's probably not on the radar.
    Heaven forbid they get behind the conservative who will already be on the ballot (Johnson)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Trump and his fervent supporters aren't just going to go quietly if the pubs try and block him from winning the nomination. There will be a revolt.

I see three options:

1) Talk to Trump. Get as many folks as you can into his ear and try to get him to actually become informed enough to qualify to be president, get him to cool down his rhetoric and surround him with legit political names so that a Trump presidency seems more reasonable. Might want to add some restrictions to unilateralism while we're at it. It's actually in Trump's and everyone elses best interest that he actually tries to become informed on you know, what a president's job actually is and what comes with that job. Just a minor necessity.

2) Back Cruz 100%.

3) Hope that Anonymous digs up something on Trump that is finally so absurd that he has no choice but to drop out of the race.

I personally would try one and three first, but if Trump is obviously going to be stubborn then you have no choice but to go with option 2.
    thank you weso1!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Heaven forbid they get behind the conservative who will already be on the ballot (Johnson)
    Johnson is not politically correct enough in the conservative sense. Both sides have to realize that they love the bath water more than they admit and don't want to go sailing out the window.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Watched it and I agree with you. And I hope we will.
    If Rubio would have acted like he did in the last 10 minutes of that speech (as opposed to his usual demeanor of smug, know-it-all prick) for his entire campaign he would have carried a heckuva lot more votes in the South.