Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conservative Thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts

Conservative Thought

In a 2012 book, that candidate – pastor and talk radio host Jody Hice – alleges the gay community has a secret plot to recruit and sodomize children, In It’s Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, Hice also asserts that supporters of abortion rights are worse than Hitler and compares gay relationships to bestiality and incest. He proposes that Muslims be stripped of their First Amendment rights. […]

Hice claims homosexuality causes shorter life spans and depression, and he insists same-sex couples cannot raise healthy children…. Hice also offers an extreme interpretation of the Constitution, claiming states can nullify federal laws and take up arms against the federal government if they consider a federal law unjust…. In Hice’s view, the United States took a turn for the worse after the Civil War…. Hice argues that Muslim immigrants constitute an existential challenge to the United States…. Hice also compares reproductive rights advocates to Nazis.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Who in the blue hell is Jody Hice?

It doesn't matter who that Jabroni is?

He sounds like a whack job that escape a looney bin.

Now know your role and shut your mouth.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Here is the daily smite against Conservatives. Just pretty much an obsession at this point.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (07-23-2014), Hawk (07-24-2014), Tapate50 (07-24-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    How do the Conservatives on this board defend this guy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    How do the Conservatives on this board defend this guy?
    Who on this board defended him or her, or whomever this fvcktard is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    No one has defended him per se however, I have een you (in particular) write agreeing with "this "fvcktard" virtually verbatum. Meaning, if he was running in your district (and I imagine there is one or two on this board that could) you would support him vs a genaric (D) candidate.

Homophobe --- check
    Anti_Abortion with out qualification ----- check
    Anti-Imigration ----- check
    Islamaphobe ------ check
    Without a doubt repeal Obamacare ------ check
    Conservative Economic principles ----------- check
    Family values (roll my eyes) -------- check
    Neo-Confederate ------ check
    Anti -- Gun Control ----- check
    Aggresive Nationalism --------- check

Now, tell me he ain't right up the proverbial alley
    At some point you cant seperate the policies from the people.

Shirts and teams and all that
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-23-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    No one has defended him per se however, I have een you (in particular) write agreeing with "this "fvcktard" virtually verbatum. Meaning, if he was running in your district (and I imagine there is one or two on this board that could) you would support him vs a genaric (D) candidate.

Homophobe --- check
    wrong - only against marriage in the church, that does not constitute a homophobe and cousin ask me to be his best man at his ceremony

Anti_Abortion with out qualification ----- check
    wrong - rape/incest

Anti-Imigration ----- check
    wrong, if you come in here legally, I am for it, I am for amnesty for the children

Islamaphobe ------ check
    Damn straight

Without a doubt repeal Obamacare ------ check
    almost 50% of the country and some liberals agree it needs to be repealed or fix correctly

Conservative Economic principles ----------- check
    Most definitely, spend money when you have it, not kick it down the road to your children

Family values (roll my eyes) -------- check
    huh?

Neo-Confederate ------ check
    nope, actually I am a liberal, for welfare and things like that

Anti -- Gun Control ----- check
    I don't own guns and I am behind banning certain types of weapons.

Aggresive Nationalism --------- check
    meaning taking over other countries, nope, anti-war (I hate Cheney and dislike Bush much more than Obama for this reason alone) to the core and I believe in being an isolationism

Now, tell me he ain't right up the proverbial alley
    At some point you cant seperate the policies from the people.

Yes you can, not follow one side of the other. If you think independent (not libertarian) like me, maybe you can learn something.

Shirts and teams and all that
    A shame that I just disputed everything you've said. You honestly believe I am a hard core Conservative but yet when I take all these online tests, I am right down the middle, just slight right of center. You can't handle the thought that a black man can be a Conservative and to be completely honest about 90% of the blacks agree with everything I just said and some are even more Conservative, especially immigration because they know they will take their jobs, the BLACK pastors do not agree with gay marriage (look up Illinois, even Obama's church), pro-gun, hatred of Muslims in regards to family values (blacks who take up Islam are usually shun if they even practice their religion).
    Even my diehard Democrat voting parents are in some cases more Conservative than I. The only difference, I do not just vote Democrat just to vote because of government assistance (they don't need it but some of my family do and they hate Republican arrogant stance of looking down on minorities)

Pretty much this wacktard defines what most blacks feel but they will still vote Democrat (while holding their nose) and that is all you need to care about.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,000 Posts
    I'm left-of-center and roundly disagree with the target of the post (and usually find ample reasons to disagree with my friends on the right--and left--of me), but I really don't think this qualifies as responsible conservative thought. It's extremist rhetoric that borders on the ridiculous. I will say this, however, there are people who share Hice's views that are becoming more visible politically and sometimes actually getting elected to office. We've got a couple of conspiracy-driven ultra-right kooks in the Minnesota Legislature right now (and there are some oddball lefties as well) and they just constantly suck the air out of the room.

AA--There's a difference between being conservative (and even though I view myself as liberal/progressive I contend that, at least in terms of Western comparisons, we're a center/right country) and what some of these oddballs dish out. If you believe in any abortion rights or the legitimacy of any government intervention in the market, you'll likely find yourself lumped in with the mass middle.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 07-24-2014 at 08:38 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-24-2014), Tapate50 (07-24-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I'm left-of-center and roundly disagree with the target of the post n (and usually find ample reasons to disagree with my friends on the right--and left--of me), but I really don't think this qualifies as responsible conservative thought. It's extremist rhetoric that borders on the ridiculous. I will say this, however, there are people who are Hice's views that are becoming more visible politically and sometimes actually getting elected to office. We've got a couple of conspiracy-driven ultra-right kooks in the Minnesota Legislature right now (and there are some oddball lefties as well) and they just constantly suck the air out of the room.

Your first sentence was the first thing that I have thought. This is extremism.

And the idiot Bachmann wants to run? She is a nut job like her alternative twin Pelosi. At least we have a ying and yang on both sides of the aisle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    A year and a half ago we all had a good laugh at the GOP Senator who said a birth control pill in his day was a female holding an aspirin between her knees.
    Since then, that Daily Show laugh line has become mainstream GOP .
    How far off base is Hice really and how long before his "extremist rhetoric" becomes GOP dogma?
    He is replacing Paul Broune who I made a thread of his outlandish statements a year or so ago. Broune's views on climate change,social programs, etc are the mainstream of GOP thought today. Proven by their votes in parliamentary settings

Let's look at Thad Corcoran race in Mississippi . He was beaten soundly using the metric of (R) votes and if not for crossover voting allowed in that state the far far more "extreme" candidate would be the (R) standard bearer. We are talking about Thad Corcoran. Never confused with Jacob Javits ,Ronald Reagan or even Paul Ryan !!

The sons of the founder of The John Birch Society (Koch) have taken over (R). That is the reality of the 2014 races. I don't see 50 Pounds' " responsible conservative" anywhere in the near future.
    In fact, I don't see one anywhere. if you do please point him / her out. And let's recognize the shelf life of this "responsible conservative"
    ///////////////////

We haven't even discussed State or Local races where far right rhetoric has ruled the day.

To AA.
    I respect your independent streak but your independent streak makes a sharp right turn every time the rubber meets the road.
    How do you equate Bachmann and Pelosi? They both have vaginas and one is (D) and one is (R). That is about the only logic I can make out of this nonsensical comparison. One believes in majic and one was the first female Speaker of the House . ( I shake my head)
    Perhaps that is where I have a problem with your views. -- you keep making false comparisons. Pelosi and that lady from NH yes, could see that. Bachmann and Palin or Rachel Drasch- yes could see that. But Pelosi and Bachmann -- they both have vaginas. That is about it.
    Which is a whole other issue by itself
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-24-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    A year and a half ago we all had a good laugh at the GOP Senator who said a birth control pill in his day was a female holding an aspirin between her knees.
    Since then, that Daily Show laugh line has become mainstream GOP .
    How far off base is Hice really and how long before his "extremist rhetoric" becomes GOP dogma?
    He is replacing Paul Broune who I made a thread of his outlandish statements a year or so ago. Broune's views on climate change,social programs, etc are the mainstream of GOP thought today. Proven by their votes in parliamentary settings

Let's look at Thad Corcoran race in Mississippi . He was beaten soundly using the metric of (R) votes and if not for crossover voting allowed in that state the far far more "extreme" candidate would be the (R) standard bearer. We are talking about Thad Corcoran. Never confused with Jacob Javits ,Ronald Reagan or even Paul Ryan !!

The sons of the founder of The John Birch Society (Koch) have taken over (R). That is the reality of the 2014 races. I don't see 50 Pounds' " responsible conservative" anywhere in the near future.
    In fact, I don't see one anywhere. if you do please point him / her out. And let's recognize the shelf life of this "responsible conservative"
    ///////////////////

We haven't even discussed State or Local races where far right rhetoric has ruled the day.

To AA.
    I respect your independent streak but your independent streak makes a sharp right turn every time the rubber meets the road.
    How do you equate Bachmann and Pelosi? They both have vaginas and one is (D) and one is (R). That is about the only logic I can make out of this nonsensical comparison. One believes in majic and one was the first female Speaker of the House . ( I shake my head)
    Perhaps that is where I have a problem with your views. -- you keep making false comparisons. Pelosi and that lady from NH yes, could see that. Bachmann and Palin or Rachel Drasch- yes could see that. But Pelosi and Bachmann -- they both have vaginas. That is about it.
    Which is a whole other issue by itself

Because both are inept. "We should pass it to see whats in there" That line alone makes her an idiot and irresponsible.

And no, because I am black that is not a sheeple for the Democrats you try to paint with one swift stroke. Where did I say I was homophobe where did I say that I was against ALL (you said) abortions, where did I say I am for all wars (how dare you disrespect the death of my cousin on a war I was strongly against)? Where did say I am against ALL immigration? That right there is stupid, they take blacks' jobs (black caucus want all children sent back to their country what do you say about that?), where did I say I am pro gun, I know I repeatedly said why do we need some of these weapons on the street.

The only thing you got right is Obamacare and see the bitch Pelosi's statement on why people are not liking it. The other is Muslims, yes, I can't stand that RELIGION, not people. A religion of peace cannot accept any other religion should be hated and not tolerated.

Try as you might, blacks who have a common sense laugh at your attempts to discredit those who aren't sheeple.

We are out there watching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I'm left-of-center and roundly disagree with the target of the post (and usually find ample reasons to disagree with my friends on the right--and left--of me), but I really don't think this qualifies as responsible conservative thought. It's extremist rhetoric that borders on the ridiculous. I will say this, however, there are people who share Hice's views that are becoming more visible politically and sometimes actually getting elected to office. We've got a couple of conspiracy-driven ultra-right kooks in the Minnesota Legislature right now (and there are some oddball lefties as well) and they just constantly suck the air out of the room.

AA--There's a difference between being conservative (and even though I view myself as liberal/progressive I contend that, at least in terms of Western comparisons, we're a center/right country) and what some of these oddballs dish out. If you believe in any abortion rights or the legitimacy of any government intervention in the market, you'll likely find yourself lumped in with the mass middle.
    I consider you a sane liberal/progressive that look at both sides, myself being independent can have discourse with you on that, but lunatics on the left like Steak Sauce, makes it difficult to even get him into the same area code. He is so far left, we have to use binoculars to even view him. He hates the right so much that he tries his darnedest to besmirch them in any way shape or form. At least I tolerate a lot on the left, especially anti-war, isolationism, helping those who can't help themselves, anti-neocon policies, wanting our jobs to stay in the country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Paul Ryan Anti-Poverty initiative is interesting in that he is willing to concede public education and government intervention is necessary. Yet, it all revolves around undermining the New Deal and Great Society . Corporate deregulation would be (is?) the next shoe to drop.

Let's not fool ourselves. As long as Koch is funding, whatever social issue they bat**** crazy dress the candidate up in the end game is business deregulation.
    As long as the Rubes jump in in lockstep with the right wing social agenda the Trojan Horse is working.
    Can't believe that people fall for that trick

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    I'm fine with ditching New Deal and Great Society plans. They're 20th century (essentially first half of 20th century) solutions to 21st century problems. You wouldn't treat cancer the same way as you did in the 60s (which was basically pray) so why treat social programs the same way.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I'm fine with ditching New Deal and Great Society plans. They're 20th century (essentially first half of 20th century) solutions to 21st century problems. You wouldn't treat cancer the same way as you did in the 60s (which was basically pray) so why treat social programs the same way.
    Because good intentions matter more than results?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    The core concepts are fine, but they need a total revamp. Especially the welfare part. There has to be mroe serious education options. The US market is heavy for skilled workers so let people learn how to get those jobs. Seemingly can't hire enough people for the medical field.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    The core concepts are fine, but they need a total revamp. Especially the welfare part. There has to be mroe serious education options. The US market is heavy for skilled workers so let people learn how to get those jobs. Seemingly can't hire enough people for the medical field.
    medical field = guaranteed job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    If I wanted a gig I'd become an Occupational THerapist. There's a seeming endless supply of those jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    They're 20th century (essentially first half of 20th century) solutions to 21st century problems. You wouldn't treat cancer the same way as you did in the 60s (which was basically pray) so why treat social programs the same way.
    Good point-