User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 264

Thread: GDT - August 7, 2018 - Game 2 of 2 - 7:05 @ Nationals

  1. #1
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 495 Times in 250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    GDT - August 7, 2018 - Game 2 of 2 - 7:05 @ Nationals

    That other thread had bad juju. We need some good karma. This is a must win game!
    A.k.a. Ozzie's Chainz

    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

  2. #2
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,606
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 330 Times in 212 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed !!
    Let’s chase Scherzer- we’ve done it before

  3. #3
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,606
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 330 Times in 212 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atlanta Braves Lineups

    Click player to view stats on Razzball (change)
    Tuesday 8/7 7:05pm
    Sean Newcomb (L)
    @ Nationals - Max Scherzer (R)
    1. Ronald Acuna Jr. (R) LF
    2. Charlie Culberson (R) 2B
    3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
    4. Nick Markakis (L) RF
    5. Kurt Suzuki (R) C
    6. Ender Inciarte (L) CF
    7. Johan Camargo (S) 3B
    8. Dansby Swanson (R) SS
    9. Sean Newcomb (L) P

  4. #4
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    19,568
    Thanks
    7,367
    Thanked 7,587 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Enscheff, not everyone is interested in going into a GDT and making bets or wagers to prove a point just to discuss the game. I think living in Nevada has made you addicted to gambling.

    If you can't enjoy the GDT without preemptively attack others I'm going to give you the night off, especially because Newk is pitching and whether he walks 5 or 0 I already know you've got material ready.
    Forever Fredi


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

    Garmel (08-07-2018)

  6. #5
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 495 Times in 250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    Atlanta Braves Lineups

    Click player to view stats on Razzball (change)
    Tuesday 8/7 7:05pm
    Sean Newcomb (L)
    @ Nationals - Max Scherzer (R)
    1. Ronald Acuna Jr. (R) LF
    2. Charlie Culberson (R) 2B
    3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
    4. Nick Markakis (L) RF
    5. Kurt Suzuki (R) C
    6. Ender Inciarte (L) CF
    7. Johan Camargo (S) 3B
    8. Dansby Swanson (R) SS
    9. Sean Newcomb (L) P
    Ozzie really needed a day off.

  7. #6
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,381
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus f’ing Christ I hate Twitner
    Coppy

  8. #7
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 259 Times in 215 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off days will be needed in this stretch but I really can't defend Snitker. The time for that is simply not now.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

  9. #8
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,234
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 378 Times in 284 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Jesus f’ing Christ I hate Twitner
    Maybe the biggest series of the year so far and Acuna and Albies will not play together in either games of the double header...which is maybe our biggest advantage we have.

    First time I’ve said this. Snit needs an office job. This is just so bad....really....really bad.

  10. #9
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,005
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 3,462 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    @Enscheff, not everyone is interested in going into a GDT and making bets or wagers to prove a point just to discuss the game. I think living in Nevada has made you addicted to gambling.

    If you can't enjoy the GDT without preemptively attack others I'm going to give you the night off, especially because Newk is pitching and whether he walks 5 or 0 I already know you've got material ready.
    Where in the rules does it state we not allowed to propose bets in game threads????

    You should probably just ban bets altogether. Folks don't honor them anyways.
    I think he (Teheran) finishes with a FIP ~3.3. -CrazyTrain 3/25/2019

    Gausman had a bad walk ratio for us -CrazyTrain 11/20/2018
    BB/9 with Braves: 2.72

    Fried, Newk and a couple other guys for Bumgarner and give him a pay day for 6ish years -CrazyTrain 10/15/18

  11. #10
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,005
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 3,462 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Maybe the biggest series of the year so far and Acuna and Albies will not play together in either games of the double header...which is maybe our biggest advantage we have.

    First time I’ve said this. Snit needs an office job. This is just so bad....really....really bad.
    Very odd that the 2 youngest guys can't play both games of a DH.
    I think he (Teheran) finishes with a FIP ~3.3. -CrazyTrain 3/25/2019

    Gausman had a bad walk ratio for us -CrazyTrain 11/20/2018
    BB/9 with Braves: 2.72

    Fried, Newk and a couple other guys for Bumgarner and give him a pay day for 6ish years -CrazyTrain 10/15/18

  12. #11
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 495 Times in 250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzie is in a mini-slump but I can't defend not starting and leading off Ronnie in Game 1.

  13. #12
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,381
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Fredi back. Twit has gone full retard at this point.
    Coppy

  14. #13
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,381
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    Ozzie is in a mini-slump but I can't defend not starting and leading off Ronnie in Game 1.
    Would you rather have slumping Ozzie or slumping Dansby.
    Coppy

  15. #14
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 259 Times in 215 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda doubt this one starts on time.

    https://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?...101111&loop=no

    They'll want to be able to optimally use Scherzer, so I'm betting on an approaching weather delay.

    On another note, overall offensively if you look at it it makes sense. Braves have four good hitters that don't have a major flaw that hurts them when they put bat on ball and four questions. Two of those hitters are youngsters and we've been dealing with their ups and downs, but they've overall been positive.

    If you look at it, Freeman and Markakis have been the rocks, but it's going to be Acuna and Albies performances that takes, or doesn't take the Braves to the postseason. That is not a bad thing with them being young, but that's where we are.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

  16. #15
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,381
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 1 lineup pissed me off. Now I am full rage. Might need some beer and my son’s video games to cool my ****. I normally don’t play that ****. But it is nice to get my ass kicked online by kids to calm me down.
    Coppy

  17. #16
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 495 Times in 250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Would you rather have slumping Ozzie or slumping Dansby.
    Our manager is not smart enough to think along those lines.

  18. #17
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    19,568
    Thanks
    7,367
    Thanked 7,587 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Where in the rules does it state we not allowed to propose bets in game threads????

    You should probably just ban bets altogether. Folks don't honor them anyways.
    I allow bets and wagers. But it's not even fun anymore. It's gotten to borderline trolling with you coming after people fishing for wagers. Some people just want to enjoy the GDT. That means getting pissed off at Snitkers or enjoying a homerun. We don't need to constantly bring up "intellifans knew this" or Camargo's walk rate regression every time he flies or grounds out or strikes out which turns into bickering and more "wanna bet?" stuff.
    Forever Fredi


  19. #18
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,381
    Thanks
    1,474
    Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    I kinda doubt this one starts on time.

    https://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?...101111&loop=no

    They'll want to be able to optimally use Scherzer, so I'm betting on an approaching weather delay.

    On another note, overall offensively if you look at it it makes sense. Braves have four good hitters that don't have a major flaw that hurts them when they put bat on ball and four questions. Two of those hitters are youngsters and we've been dealing with their ups and downs, but they've overall been positive.

    If you look at it, Freeman and Markakis have been the rocks, but it's going to be Acuna and Albies performances that takes, or doesn't take the Braves to the postseason. That is not a bad thing with them being young, but that's where we are.
    Sit them durning Miami or Mets. Or hell. Just burn both in one game. Play a full sub game. Don’t ****ing toe dip this across multiple games.
    Coppy

  20. #19
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 495 Times in 250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    I kinda doubt this one starts on time.

    https://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?...101111&loop=no

    They'll want to be able to optimally use Scherzer, so I'm betting on an approaching weather delay.

    On another note, overall offensively if you look at it it makes sense. Braves have four good hitters that don't have a major flaw that hurts them when they put bat on ball and four questions. Two of those hitters are youngsters and we've been dealing with their ups and downs, but they've overall been positive.

    If you look at it, Freeman and Markakis have been the rocks, but it's going to be Acuna and Albies performances that takes, or doesn't take the Braves to the postseason. That is not a bad thing with them being young, but that's where we are.
    It looks like the Nats are taking a chance here, maybe an hour storm will blow in about the third inning.

  21. #20
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,234
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 378 Times in 284 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Very odd that the 2 youngest guys can't play both games of a DH.
    I’m at a loss for words. AA has to be punching a wall somewhere...he has to. He will never say it in public, but you know behind closed doors....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •