Thread: BILLY HAMILTON IS A BRAVE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    I don't have a problem with bringing him aboard, my curiosity is with why they gave KC all the money, when the Dodgers weren't likely to get him....

However, I could be mistaken on the claims process....does everyone have to put their claim in at the same time and the first in the order get him? Or does it go down the list of worst to first and every team has to pass before your team can make their decision?
    I believe it’s the latter, and I believe if you claim someone you assume the entire remaining contract.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I believe it’s the latter, and I believe if you claim someone you assume the entire remaining contract.
    You do assume the remaining contract. So the Braves are on the hook for the remainder of his $5+m deal plus $1m buyout...(mutual option after this season)

I was wondering more of when teams have to actually put the claim in and what order that happens in...I know it goes in order of team with the worst record in their league to best record, then same for the other league.
    Get off my lawn!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-19-2019)