Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peraza In Play

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Peraza In Play

Bowden just mentioned on XM that he was led to believe that we apparently had a deal in place to move Peraza for a Pitcher we wanted (therefore Crick and Panik would make sense for Justin).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Bowden just mentioned on XM that he was led to believe that we apparently had a deal in place to move Peraza for a Pitcher we wanted (therefore Crick and Panik would make sense for Justin).
    I don't believe it. Makes absolutely no sense to move a guy like Peraza. Not saying you're making it up just that I don't believe Bowden.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Well if a team thinks he can play SS he may have even more value....

If he goes it better be for a stud. I wonder how Hart thinks we are going to score runs. I guess he's planning on winning games 1-0 and 3-2.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Bowden is so worthless.

He has poisoned everything he's touched

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-16-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    I just don't see it. Trade Peraza for a pitcher we want then trade Justin Upton for pitching. Why not trade Gattis for pitching too and have a 9 man rotation.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emk418 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-16-2014), The Chosen One (12-16-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I wish Bowden was still a GM so we could make trades with him.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Bowden is full of crap as usual, Peraza isn't going to be traded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that if Peraza is traded, it will be accompanied by an outcome we like a lot (huge return, Melvin sent packing, etc.). Still, I would venture to bet that this is just Bowden being Bowden.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dak For This Useful Post:

BravesfanMike (12-16-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I wouldn't mind trading Peraza for a good haul. The alternative is watching Fredi put him at the top of the lineup with a .300 OBP.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-16-2014)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Bowden is full of crap as usual, Peraza isn't going to be traded.
    While i believe, and hope you are correct, i remember believing the same thing about Wainwright.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-16-2014)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I wouldn't mind trading Peraza for a good haul. The alternative is watching Fredi put him at the top of the lineup with a .300 OBP.
    Not sure I understand what you mean? Peraza would be a better option at the top than about...oh, anyone we've had in the spot for years now! IF and that's a big IF it were on the table, I agree that the haul should be nice!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Agreed. As someone who's not sold that Peraza is a bonafide future major-league table-setter, and who imagines that he'd be a lot more valuable at SS than at 2B (or even CF), I definitely think he should be on the table if the return is right. That doesn't mean I think he should be tossed away like so many LaStellas, but I am a bit bearish on his value.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (12-16-2014)

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts
    As with most things, it'll depend on the return. Peraza's a really good prospect, but he has his flaws, and if you can spin him into multiple pieces while picking up a long-term second baseman in an Upton trade it might well work out.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Agreed. As someone who's not sold that Peraza is a bonafide future major-league table-setter, and who imagines that he'd be a lot more valuable at SS than at 2B (or even CF), I definitely think he should be on the table if the return is right. That doesn't mean I think he should be tossed away like so many LaStellas, but I am a bit bearish on his value.
    I think his skills are going to be very solid. Swings at a lot, but isn't a strike out machine and can get on base. I do agree that if he won't be at SS, he's a candidate. But we need to replenish prospects, not trade our better ones. Just me though.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-16-2014)

Playing the Waiting Game BremanFan88's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    can get on base.
    That remains to be seen. His walk rate is far from impressive.
    All you need is Hart and Cox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    Not sure I understand what you mean? Peraza would be a better option at the top than about...oh, anyone we've had in the spot for years now! IF and that's a big IF it were on the table, I agree that the haul should be nice!
    That isn't true at all. He's basically the same as Schafer in that role. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and I want to see him out there complementing Simmons defensively, but he is not a leadoff guy and Fredi has already hinted that is where he will go when he makes the team. His best lineup position would be 9th, especially with an AL team.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    While I agree that it doesn't seem to make sense at first glance, I'm afraid you guys are being a little too snarky about Bowden. Don't get me wrong. he rubs me the wrong way too. That said, he's just stating what he's been told by someone he feels has credibility - and his "sources" have certainly proved to be much better than DOB or Bowman's over time.

Just for ****s and giggles, let's imagine he's right. He didn't say he'd be traded alone FWIW. So, thinking outside of the box...

Justin supposedly doesn't net Hart Gausman or Bundy. The question is, would Peraza AND Gattis? Peraza becomes their long-term answer at 2B, Gattis replaces Cruz, and they sign Aoki to replace Markakis...

Peraza, Aoki, Jones, Wieters, Machado, Gattis, Davis, Pearce (LF), Hardy would be a pretty potent lineup. Schoop would play 2B at the start of the season if Peraza's not ready, and then becomes a super-sub type.

If that got us Bundy, Hart could then circle back to Seattle for say Marte (to replace Peraza), Kivlehan, and Edwin Diaz.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    While I agree that it doesn't seem to make sense at first glance, I'm afraid you guys are being a little too snarky about Bowden. Don't get me wrong. he rubs me the wrong way too. That said, he's just stating what he's been told by someone he feels has credibility - and his "sources" have certainly proved to be much better than DOB or Bowman's over time.

Just for ****s and giggles, let's imagine he's right. He didn't say he'd be traded alone FWIW. So, thinking outside of the box...

Justin supposedly doesn't net Hart Gausman or Bundy. The question is, would Peraza AND Gattis? Peraza becomes their long-term answer at 2B, Gattis replaces Cruz, and they sign Aoki to replace Markakis...

Peraza, Aoki, Jones, Wieters, Machado, Gattis, Davis, Pearce (LF), Hardy would be a pretty potent lineup. Schoop would play 2B at the start of the season if Peraza's not ready, and then becomes a super-sub type.

If that got us Bundy, Hart could then circle back to Seattle for say Marte (to replace Peraza), Kivlehan, and Edwin Diaz.
    I just don't see how trading Gattis AND Peraza for someone like Bundy makes us any better short or long term. Look...if we held on to La Stella or say got a guy like Panik along with a lot more in an Upton deal I'm not against shopping Peraza. But we need impact bats and Peraza could be that. We better be getting a big prospect at another position if we trade him.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    http://deadspin.com/jim-bowden-caugh...t-d-1614081824

That's all I care to know about Bowden and his "sources".

This Peraza stuff to me sounds like him trying to justify that piss poor Upton article he wrote yesterday that got torn to shreds in its comment section. I am not suggesting Peraza is untouchable because he has his shortcomings, but he didn't even qualify the possibility of Peraza being moved before word vomiting a ****ty article. He's click bait and an even worse talent evaluator.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-16-2014), rico43 (12-16-2014)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    That isn't true at all. He's basically the same as Schafer in that role. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and I want to see him out there complementing Simmons defensively, but he is not a leadoff guy and Fredi has already hinted that is where he will go when he makes the team. His best lineup position would be 9th, especially with an AL team.
    I can admit a bias...I've seen him in several parks last year. I enjoy seeing a guy be able to beat out a routine grounder and YES, he has flaws like many other prospects. That's what he is. But he'd put a lot more pressure on an infield than freaking Schafer. I don't buy that at all.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-16-2014)