Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I see many news sites and even the bs ones that drudge etc push say our president

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    you want me to justify a thread that i started by asking questions trying to find out answers?

well, here ya go, i didn't know the answer to my questions i was seeking and asked here. thus the point of the thread

i thought that was pretty obvious

you're a strange cat.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    you want me to justify a thread that i started by asking questions trying to find out answers?

well, here ya go, i didn't know the answer to my questions i was seeking and asked here. thus the point of the thread

i thought that was pretty obvious

you're a strange cat.
    Your questions have a means to prove a point. I've asked you 50 times what your point is?

The answer to your question is that Republicans will be fine with exec orders as long as DJT does them. They are hypocrites.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    Excellent deflection. Can't answer the original question?
    Demcraps are really good at deflection. They own the trademark to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    we are on pace in one year to have the 6th most executive orders in history. in one year. he will be just short of FDR in total amount and it took FDR 12+ years to get his number if he continues his pace through his 4 year term
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    we are on pace in one year to have the 6th most executive orders in history. in one year. he will be just short of FDR in total amount and it took FDR 12+ years to get his number if he continues his pace through his 4 year term
    He campaigned on these and is fulfilling his promises. He won an election based of it. I'm happy he isn't backing down like most presidents do when they win.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-29-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    He campaigned on these and is fulfilling his promises. He won an election based of it. I'm happy he isn't backing down like most presidents do when they win.
    He won the election because he had a big (R) next to his name when the big (L) was a horrible candidate.

He doesn't have carte blanche to do as he pleases based off that logic alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    He won the election because he had a big (R) next to his name when the big (L) was a horrible candidate.

He won the election based on these sensible stances he took on key issues of immigration / Islamic terorism/and middle class jobs.

He is acting on that and I'm glad we have a president who isn't breaking his promises to the American people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

What was so bad about Gary Johnson? Trump wouldnt have got half the votes Gary Johnson did if Trump ran on a third party ticket.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    He won the election based on these sensible stances he took on key issues of immigration / Islamic terorism/and middle class jobs.

He is acting on that and I'm glad we have a president who isn't breaking his promises to the American people.
    Sensible?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-29-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts

I'll give him that. He's delivering on the worst parts of his campaign platform. That's very comforting for the conservatives who compromised in the hopes that he would choose sensible conservatives for his cabinet and they would govern.

Mostly, conservatives elected him because (1) ACA (2) tax cuts and (3) pro-life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Sensible?

I don't think it was exhaustive enough. From what I understand it's more designed at countries who don't have state records in order to facilitate proper vetting. In that sense it makes sense but I would have done a blanket temporary ban from all of these areas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'll give him that. He's delivering on the worst parts of his campaign platform. That's very comforting for the conservatives who compromised in the hopes that he would choose sensible conservatives for his cabinet and they would govern.

Mostly, conservatives elected him because (1) ACA (2) tax cuts and (3) pro-life
    I don't think the below isnaccurate. This was a very odd election that I think opened the doorway for more than a two party sytem. I think a large portion of his vote came from his stances against immigration and Islamic terrorism. Admitingly Obama care played a large role as well.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    I don't think it was exhaustive enough. From what I understand it's more designed at countries who don't have state records in order to facilitate proper vetting. In that sense it makes sense but I would have done a blanket temporary ban from all of these areas.
    "The CATO Institute believes the probability of a refugee killing an American citizen is 1 in 3.64 billion."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (01-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    "The CATO Institute believes the probability of a refugee killing an American citizen is 1 in 3.64 billion."
    Doesn't change my opinion because it's using a range of statistics before the world was destablized from the last 16 years of awful foreign policy.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    A Somali refugee injured 11 people (with knife and car) 2 months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    People are just not acknowledging how much the world has changed due to Obama lack of action in syria.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I havent followed the Syrian situation that much because I care more about domestic issues but wouldnt the Syrian civil war be over a long time ago if we were not supporting the rebels? Assad is the leader of Syria, we have no right to give support to rebels to overthrow him. We wouldnt tolerate Syria arming rebels in the US who want to overthrownl the government. I am sure Assad is a dick but so was Sadaam. I sure wish we had Sadaam around now to stabalize Iraq.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    What could have been done differently to prevent that attack?

I'm not against a stronger vetting process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I havent followed the Syrian situation that much because I care more about domestic issues but wouldnt the Syrian civil war be over a long time ago if we were not supporting the rebels? Assad is the leader of Syria, we have no right to give support to rebels to overthrow him. We wouldnt tolerate Syria arming rebels in the US who want to overthrownl the government. I am sure Assad is a dick but so was Sadaam. I sure wish we had Sadaam around now to stabalize Iraq.
    Overthrowing saddam and not heling assad is going to plague the free world for decades....maybe longer.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    why go the executive order route?

why the silence from the republican congress that is the majority after saying only a tyrant goes that route?

if you want to pass this while you control every branch of gov't, let it be debated like they have preached for years now

but i won't hold my breath for you etc to actually have a spine for what you have bitched about for years