Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Robert Leaves Cuba

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    So Coppy gets dinged for not saving money to sign a prospect that no one knew would post (and still may not) this international period. #Enschefflogic

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Hahn gets serious props for extending those guys when he did at the values he did. No question there, and they turned into great assets. I have yet to be amazed by his transactions or personnel decisions.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Hahn gets serious props for extending those guys when he did at the values he did. No question there, and they turned into great assets. I have yet to be amazed by his transactions or personnel decisions.
    Honestly, I think Hahn is a victim of baseball personally. He had talent to be better, but the results never materialized. Rodon/Sale/Q is a solid 1,2,3.. for whatever reason nothing worked for that team and they were smart enough to rebuild when they did. However, I am happier with Coppy and his decisions at this point.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    So Coppy gets dinged for not saving money to sign a prospect that no one knew would post (and still may not) this international period. #Enschefflogic
    Don't you have a signature to change? Or did the Braves get the Ace your logic dictated they would, and I missed the press release?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Don't you have a signature to change? Or did the Braves get the Ace your logic dictated they would, and I missed the press release?
    what is the signature?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Honestly, I think Hahn is a victim of baseball personally. He had talent to be better, but the results never materialized. Rodon/Sale/Q is a solid 1,2,3.. for whatever reason nothing worked for that team and they were smart enough to rebuild when they did. However, I am happier with Coppy and his decisions at this point.
    Betcha the White Sox don't make rebuilding mistakes equivalent to the Markakis signing, watering down Kimbrel's value by attaching BJ to him, watering down Simmons' value by insisting they get a MLB SS in return, trading young assets for Olivera, and then compounding the mistake by trading for Kemp.

I guarantee they don't water down the value of their most valuable assets to clear payroll to acquire MLB guys they don't need like Coppy did. That is where Coppy failed in this rebuild, and now we can watch Hahn avoid the same mistakes and maximize the prospects they get in return for their MLB assets.

I bet they also never get a gift from Dave Stewart to cover up for any shortcomings of their rebuild.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (03-02-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    what is the signature?
    Same thing yours is going to be whenever you make a bet with me that you don't hedge for 3 years.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Same thing yours is going to be whenever you make a bet with me that you don't hedge for 3 years.
    So his signature is Enscheffmybitch? ok..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Betcha the White Sox don't make rebuilding mistakes equivalent to the Markakis signing, watering down Kimbrel's value by attaching BJ to him, watering down Simmons' value by insisting they get a MLB SS in return, trading young assets for Olivera, and then compounding the mistake by trading for Kemp.

I guarantee they don't water down the value of their most valuable assets to clear payroll to acquire MLB guys they don't need like Coppy did. That is where Coppy failed in this rebuild, and now we can watch Hahn avoid the same mistakes and maximize the prospects they get in return for their MLB assets.

I bet they also never get a gift from Dave Stewart to cover up for any shortcomings of their rebuild.
    You sure are basing your love of the White Sox rebuild on a whole lot of bets and assumptions.

Using your logic, though, is every single major league piece they keep and spend money on keeping them from maximizing the value of the rebuild? So any international talent that doesn't sign with them, or any draft pick they fail to acquire, or any trade they don't make, means Hahn is a mediocre GM and the rebuild is simply plugging along like any other would. This is a video game, where there is no context and there are no negative repercussions, correct?

By the way, the White Sox are the leaders for Robert if he moves into the next signing period, but it's been said they will also consider blowing past their pool in this period to sign him as well. So please tell me, if they are contemplating blowing past their pool after the fact for one guy (someone who is certainly a top international talent but not some kind of generational star), then how is their decision not to go ahead and blow past it in July not a mistake?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    1. You've never told me the signature you want me to change it to. I always live up to my bets so you can stop worrying.

2. The season hasn't started yet

3. Typical you to not address the actual issue brought up

Will they trade for one at this point? Likely not, but I'm not changing my signature until I have to... why would I?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    When have I hedged anything? The terms were explicitly by the start of the season. Now do you not understand how to count years?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    When have I hedged anything? The terms were explicitly by the start of the season. Now do you not understand how to count years?
    that was to me because I set stipulations on a bet.. something like if someone doesn't pitch x number of innings, then the bet is voided OR extended. He didn't like adding legitimate terms to a bet so he cried and I just said forget it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    that was to me because I set stipulations on a bet.. something like if someone doesn't pitch x number of innings, then the bet is voided OR extended. He didn't like adding legitimate terms to a bet so he cried and I just said forget it.
    He likes to cry and he's an a$$, but for some reason, I kinda like the guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Ask and you shall receive Enscheff... you had a chance to give me the signature you wanted, but I think I'll stick with the one I just made.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Ahh yes, the team that has routinely taken on risky pitchering prospects, most of whom come with the additional risk of significant injury and/or well established control issues, is suddenly not willing to take the risk that comes with the best international prospect currently available.

You're probably right though, the additions of Colon and Dickey were done in an attempt to add "names" to the roster to cater to the naive fans. It's just too bad they decided to spend the cash on 40 year old players who will help during a losing season instead of a 19 year old player that could impact a minimum of 6 competitive seasons.

Seems like a good allocation of resources to me! Braves way baby!
    The braves just spent a ton of money in the international market and have a significant number of high upside international hitters as a result.

This guy isn't even cleared yet and they don't know if he'll sign yet. Jumping the gun, I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    The braves just spent a ton of money in the international market and have a significant number of high upside international hitters as a result.

This guy isn't even cleared yet and they don't know if he'll sign yet. Jumping the gun, I think.
    We all see what's happening here...

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Coppy doesn't need to take notes.
    True because if the current rebuild doesn't work, he won't get another chance.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Of course not.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    no doubt there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    So sounds like he's about to be declared eligible. Astros, Reds, Cards all having private workouts with him. Pads, White Sox and Athletics are also expected to have workouts. Doesn't even sound like we have any interest him. This is a mistake. We should go hard after this guy. We have ZERO elite outfield talent anywhere close.