Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video of Kimbrel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Gamer because he throws his coach under the bus on national TV? I call it immature and disrespectful to his coach and to his teammate. He should feel worse today than Carpenter or Fredi.
    Now wait a second. Kimbrel had no way of knowing the camera was on him at that point in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Fredi deserved to get thrown under the bus. Then run over, then backed up over, then run over again. How would you feel if you put a 1 ERA all season, you tell the manager you can get 6 outs for him and then the manager ignores him and it blows up in his face. Kimbrel got to pitch 1 inning in 1 game. I dont blame him for being pissed. When your an all star and the best closer in the game you expect to pitch more than once in 4 playoff games. Rivera doesnt pitch 2 full innings very much during the regular season but he has 27 times in the playoffs. Thats probably why they won championships. They know a good thing when they see it and they ride it till the wheels fall off. Elite closers dont make their money in the regular season, they earn their money in the playoffs. If your not going to ride that horse then trade him to fill other holes on the team and make due with an average closer. Kimbrel may as well have just bought a ticket and watched the game from the stands this series.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-09-2013), Dalyn (10-09-2013), Dvdrulez (10-10-2013), Pugfan (10-11-2013), Teheran_49 (10-09-2013), thethe (10-09-2013), TXBravesFan (10-09-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Fredi deserved to get thrown under the bus. Then run over, then backed up over, then run over again. How would you feel if you put a 1 ERA all season, you tell the manager you can get 6 outs for him and then the manager ignores him and it blows up in his face. Kimbrel got to pitch 1 inning in 1 game. I dont blame him for being pissed. When your an all star and the best closer in the game you expect to pitch more than once in 4 playoff games. Rivera doesnt pitch 2 full innings very much during the regular season but he has 27 times in the playoffs. Thats probably why they won championships. They know a good thing when they see it and they ride it till the wheels fall off. Elite closers dont make their money in the regular season, they earn their money in the playoffs. If your not going to ride that horse then trade him to fill other holes on the team and make due with an average closer. Kimbrel may as well have just bought a ticket and watched the game from the stands this series.
    This. Freddi is awful.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Double agree. I wish someone would take the stat about Rivera and tell Fredi. Then follow it up with what Cajun wrote. Seriously, Fredi needs to know this. I don't always thing armchair managers should be taken seriously, but in this instance, and with our manager, this needs to be brought to his attention. It is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This. Freddi is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Yup, our best reliever by far got used for 1.1 innings this post-season. smrtbaseball fredi! He is a terrible manager.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Let Mac walk and trade Upton for Profar and then you can.
    Now I need a drink!!!

Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Exactly. Even a little league coach would have put Craig in. This wasn't the only blunder Fedi G had in that series. ESPn even had an article of how poor his managing skills were in the series and that was before this BS.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teheran_49 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-10-2013), jason27nc (10-18-2013)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    If we had to use Kimbrel for 2 innings in a non clinching game, we didn't deserve to be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    If we had to use Kimbrel for 2 innings in a non clinching game, we didn't deserve to be there.
    It WAS a 'clinching' game.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    By that logic, if the Braves had to depend on someone that wasn't an OF to play left field and supply a good chunk of the offense, they didn't "deserve to be there."

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    It WAS a 'clinching' game.
    Not for us tho. It's late in the year, Kimbrel is probably tired. I just don't feel that running him out there for 2 innings (which he'd never done) would have been a good idea.

And if he then blows the save, do you criticize Fredi then too?

Why does everything always have to be "someones fault." The Dodgers won a baseball game, and they were CLEARLY the better team. It's not like we got Holbrook'd. Calm down, appreciate the division title over God's gift to baseball (the Nats), and look forward to next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    I'd be able to swallow it a lot better if Kimbrel had given up the home run.

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I'd be able to swallow it a lot better if Kimbrel had given up the home run.
    Even in the 8th?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Even in the 8th?
    Yes. You don't leave your best on the sideline in that situation. If Kimbrel had given up the home run, I would have just accepted that we are just cursed and there's just no way we were winning. Now I'm left thinking we could have had a shot with our best, and if we had won that game, we would have had a much more legit chance in game 5 without having to face Kershaw.

But it is what it is now.

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yes. You don't leave your best on the sideline in that situation. If Kimbrel had given up the home run, I would have just accepted that we are just cursed and there's just no way we were winning. Now I'm left thinking we could have had a shot with our best, and if we had won that game, we would have had a much more legit chance in game 5 without having to face Kershaw.

But it is what it is now.
    It sucks, it really does. I hate it as much as everyone else. I just don't what point there is in hashing it out over and over and over.

It boils down to this. The Braves will not Fire Fredi, and even if they did, who is available that could step right in and make a difference? Keith Lockhart?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Not for us tho. It's late in the year, Kimbrel is probably tired. I just don't feel that running him out there for 2 innings (which he'd never done) would have been a good idea.

And if he then blows the save, do you criticize Fredi then too?

Why does everything always have to be "someones fault." The Dodgers won a baseball game, and they were CLEARLY the better team. It's not like we got Holbrook'd. Calm down, appreciate the division title over God's gift to baseball (the Nats), and look forward to next year.
    I really wish people would stop saying he had never gone two innings before. He's done it multiple times.

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I really wish people would stop saying he had never gone two innings before. He's done it multiple times.
    I don't recall this, so if you have factual information that says he's gone 6 outs before, I'll stand corrected. Don't bother posting it for my sake, I really don't care about anything but 2014 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I don't recall this, so if you have factual information that says he's gone 6 outs before, I'll stand corrected. Don't bother posting it for my sake, I really don't care about anything but 2014 now.
    It has already been posted. He even did it in the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    It sucks, it really does. I hate it as much as everyone else. I just don't what point there is in hashing it out over and over and over.

It boils down to this. The Braves will not Fire Fredi, and even if they did, who is available that could step right in and make a difference? Keith Lockhart?
    I'm not trying to convince anyone else it was a stupid decision. I'm focused now on what we're going to do that will make the 2014 team not only one that excels over 162 games but can compete in and win a postseason series. I don't think anyone on here thinks for one second Fredi will be fired. It would take another 2011-type collapse or just a horrible season next year for it to happen. Neither of those is likely, and even if it did happen, I doubt anyone above him would care all that much.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Let's be real here, 1 time in 4 playoff games is a stretch.

Game 1 there's no reason he needed to pitch, and Game 3 well... if you want to say he should've pitched there that's just you.

Again, if Carpenter was a scrub reliever then I'd have no problem saying Kimbrel should've been in for 2 innings. But Carpenter-Kimbrel combo was a reliable tandem down the stretch for us, and I like that Fredi had confidence to go to Carpenter because we weren't going to get to the World Series with Kimbrel pitching multiple innings every outing.

It sucks that Carpenter left a ball hanging to Uribe, and that Freeman for some reason was not protecting the doubles alley against Puig when they'd been doing it all series. Puig beat our shifts against him about 5 times that series.
    Forever Fredi